Sign in to follow this  
USSRsniper

How to texture in o2?

I read some articles about the texturing in o2 but its most for texturing boxed figures, but how you go about texturing more complicated objects? Made the UVM map in 3d max and then how i apply it o2? wow_o.gif

if the uv map is done correctly in max, it should be easy in o2.

what I usually do is...divide the model mesh in 3 or 4 parts, acording to number of textures i want to use.

then export from max the 3 or 4 parts of the mesh in separated 3ds files. then i import one by one in o2, and for each one i designate the correct texture.

if ur importing to o2 and after u apply the texture on the model, u cant see the correct result, there's something wrong with the uv map. maybe the channel of it, or texture file format(tga) or texture not multiples of 8.

wow too complicated:

if you have 3dsmax, you need only o2 for the lods. you can do the texturing in 3dsmax, and import the WHOLE model ( a good model must have different pieces).

So i could just texture in 3d max and model and just import it to O2 and already with textures on it? And what is the best way to convert from 3d max to o2?

in oxygen, you have import ---> 3ds, normally the textures follow the model; if your textures are TGA or GIF files.

i work like that and that works fine. smile_o.gif

model everything in max (all lods) make sure each lod is 1 mesh (if your model has different parts merge them into 1 mesh you'll still be able to select each part)name each lod so you know what it is...

texture it all in max then once you've finnished select the lot and export selected as .3ds

then import the .3ds file into O2 it will ask you about converting textures but i usually ignore this and do it manually..

you will also get a box with the list of mesh names which you can then set them to the different lod types you want

convert your textures and stick em in the right folder for your model then go thru your texture list in O2 and fix the incorrect texture paths in all lods then you should get everything in buldozer looking correct..then you can go onto doing named selections or whatever else you need to do in O2

giz a shout if you need help

or use the search button..

importing/exporting has been discussen like 5-6 times in the last month!

Quote[/b] ]make sure each lod is 1 mesh (if your model has different parts merge them into 1 mesh

why make that? huh.gif

edit: sorry, i understood tounge2.gif

yeah, these are the size for the textures in any games smile_o.gif the size of the texture is chosen in texporter smile_o.gif

thank you who respodned to my question  thumbs-up.gif Maybe soon you will see first addon made by me  smile_o.gif

Nice model. An anvil ?

The texture has nice details on it, but i'd add a bit greenish dirt onto it here and there, for realism.

Nice work. smile_o.gif

I thought you wanted to texture something complex?

Just that I don't see any round parts and you could have textured that object just fine in Oxygen

I thought you wanted to texture something complex?

Just that I don't see any round parts and you could have textured that object just fine in Oxygen

well my next project will be very complex to texture i think wink_o.gif