Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Community Racing Team

imho, its -the- finest driving sim I have ever played.

So much attention to the little details.

Granted its daunting when you first start to look at ways of improving your setup, but when grabbing popular setups, tweaking them gives you a feel for how to do it, and also getting that personal touch. What works for one person isnt always suited to anothers style. Which again is another reason why this sim works so well.

If we can get a number of OFP folks who have the full game together, a race would be great fun smile_o.gif

Anyone up for some games today?

Haven´t bought a license yet as im not still certain if i really like it. GTR2 still makes me scream from speedrush whereas in LFS i only get mad at those crashers sometimes..

Anyone up for some games today?

Haven´t bought a license yet as im not still certain if i really like it. GTR2 still makes me scream from speedrush whereas in LFS i only get mad at those crashers sometimes..

If you buy the game, I promise you will not be disapointed, also the public servers on the fully licensed game are considerably more mature and well moderated.. idiototic drivers need not apply (eg they get banned)

Seriously mate.. if you buy it.. take the F1 out for a rip.. you will giggle as the thing just keeps getting faster and faster... its almost scary biggrin_o.gif

Ok folks

Here are my two servers everyone here is welcome to frequent them.

Full Version Server - E-Racing

password = zeus

Demo Version Server - E-Racing Demo Server

password = zeus

Hope to see some of you out there  biggrin_o.gif

whats the script with custom textures, we have to place in skins_x in order for others to see them or it just dosen happen smile_o.gif ?

btw just uploading me losing me cherry in f1 ,that thing is unbelievable smile_o.gif

here she is, deano loses F1 cherry smile_o.gif

btw is there a good average time for the default track ,something to aim at. i amat 1.12 at the mo lol . i will look back at this one day and laugh smile_o.gif

Nigel Manslaughter

whats the script with custom textures, we have to place in skins_x in order for others to see them  or it just dosen happen smile_o.gif ?

btw just uploading me losing me cherry in f1 ,that thing is unbelievable smile_o.gif

--reserved---

If you goto the official LFS desktop http://www.lfsworld.net/

there is the option to upload your custom skin to the given car you use.

Then it auto downloads to people when you join races smile_o.gif

Yay, more LFS lovers smile_o.gif

I am also part of Everon Racing, just like Rho.

We arent a real team yet, just a bunch of ofp'ers who like to drive together and have some fun. (although we do have some concept skins for the FOX and FZ50)

We run a little league on friday evenings, alternating weekly between the F1 and GTR class and anyone is more than welcome to join in. We are all rather new (slow tounge2.gif) and half of us use a mouse, so dont be afraid we will be too fast ..especially if u join in the weekday practices where we share setups and learn the upcomming track.

So i hope to see some of u online soon (maybe even this evening, smile_o.gif )

Ps. Burns, saying LFS is old is like saying GTR2 is old because its based on an ISI engine just like GTR2002, when simbim was still a moddingteam. They simply have evolved lightyears since then.

Also u cant really compare them directly..LFS is focussed on online play and real physics ,whereas GTR(1/2) and GPL are focussed on real tracks/cars with fancy graphicseffects and playability for the masses.

I can understand u get angry at all the public demo crashers, but u wont find any of those on licenced servers or private demo servers; only pure racing. smile_o.gif

edit : deanosbeano u can find loads and loads of stats on LFS-world ;worldrecords, personal bests, raceinfo and so much more. A decent time for the BF1 on BL1 would be around 55seconds, while the worldrecord is 52.10 =)

Check this site for good(WR) setups..they will be hard to controll but are noticably faster then the default set

http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

; this site if u want to learn about making your own setups

http://www.thefloatingwidget.net/files/LFS_Advanced_Setup_Guide.swf

and this site for some of the mods LFS has

http://www.lfs-database.com/ (i especially like yamakawas reflectionmod => http://www.marcls-home.de/files....g )

Fantastic news!

Im very pleased we are reaching out to the lfs players

Your everon racing sounds great! I think with a little organization we can get a larger team on the go..

@rho - I might need a chat with you about a dedi server for lfs, perhaps we can sort something out..

SnD is designing a website, and will compile very basic information on what we need, its looking fantastic already and should be up and running within the end of the week.

Hopefully the website/forums will allow people to post times or races, events, competitions ect ect.

A f orm of congregation.

Keep on talking chaps and we should have a home in a few days.

Nick

Look forward to seeing the site.

@Smiley - what exactly do you need to sort out with regards to dedicated servers?

Ps. Burns, saying LFS is old is like saying GTR2 is old because its based on an ISI engine just like GTR2002, when simbim was still a moddingteam. They simply have evolved lightyears since then.

Hmm, i´m strongly biased in this because being a fan of GTR and RBR more than anything else (fynboyism) ..

maybe videos say more than words so here´s my GTR2 Demo:

on youtube.

Nevertheless looking forward to playing some games with ya smile_o.gif

Well i was planning to invest in a dedi server for LFS hosting a session for "flashpoint racing", but seeing as you have some experience in hosting ect and you have a server with LFS already, are there any chances we could rent a space from you? Or you could give us a home for free on one of your servers?

Smiley

Well i was planning to invest in a dedi server for LFS hosting a session for "flashpoint racing", but seeing as you have some experience in hosting ect and you have a server with LFS already, are there any chances we could rent a space from you? Or you could give us a home for free on one of your servers?

Smiley

No need for money, I simply fire up servers in the evenings.

During the day they are used for other more "usefull" things.

If you need a server, for a race nite etc give me a shout on msn or icq..

Details are in my profile

@sniperuk:  Looking good!!

@deanosbeanos: ROFL you slay me.

---

Here is my proposal to BIS for a theme:

Car #1

Car #2

Video

Both cars have room for mod logos and other artwork.

I can also easily generate skins for the other cars fairly easily.

I will not release these and others unless BIS says I can.

Can we use this? can we? can we? oh pleeeeez? can we?

Great skins mate!

I talked to Paul and he said it was ok, so we can use the BIS logo, and any Arm A/ OFP logos ect ect

Thanks BIS wink_o.gif

Will everon racing be part of the "larger" community racing package? Or will you be planning to stay "separate" smile_o.gif

Smiley

I cant speak directly for the other guy's, but Everon Racing is not an exclusive team persay.

I am quite sure we would partake in any activities organised ona larger scale.

Simply, we are getting on with our own thing, but would enjoy and welcome interaction/racing with more of you guys biggrin_o.gif

@ crashdome : love the skins.. i think the first one is my pref, great work smile_o.gif

Ive got last nights highlights (crashes) of yesterdays action with flashpoint racing team members, im currently uploading to youtube... so you can all view it in the near future yay.gif

I cant speak directly for the other guy's, but Everon Racing is not an exclusive team persay.

I am quite sure we would partake in any activities organised ona larger scale.

Simply, we are getting on with our own thing, but would enjoy and welcome interaction/racing with more of you guys biggrin_o.gif

@ crashdome : love the skins.. i think the first one is my pref, great work smile_o.gif

Thats cool

The idea of "flashpoint Racing" is to get people into a sort of racing presence, "Flashpoint racing" will have its own team, but it will be also used for congregation, chatting about fellow racers in the flashpoint community, and from that, people can make their own teams, but i think having a "central" focus point will allow others to expand on their own projects ect.

Smiley

I think I have a suggestion that's along Smiley's idea.

How about a website that caters to multiple "teams". We certainly have a plethora of OFP sites that are not affiliated with one specific clan or team. I believe a single website that describes as Smiley_Nick said a "Flashpoint" or "BIS" Racing site where we can all join up and simply see the individuals that are both in the LFS and OFP(ARMA) community. I would like to join one of these teams, but being in the middle of the US, time is a major factor as to when I could drive. So in that respect, I might join a US or closer-based team, but I'd hate to be alienated from the rest of you guys.

So can we make a site that is all inclusive? E-Racing and WhateverYourTeamName Racing can meet there?

I think I have a suggestion that's along Smiley's idea.

How about a website that caters to multiple "teams". We certainly have a plethora of OFP sites that are not affiliated with one specific clan or team. I believe a single website that describes as Smiley_Nick said a "Flashpoint" or "BIS" Racing site where we can all join up and simply see the individuals that are both in the LFS and OFP(ARMA) community. I would like to join one of these teams, but being in the middle of the US, time is a major factor as to when I could drive. So in that respect, I might join a US or closer-based team, but I'd hate to be alienated from the rest of you guys.

So can we make a site that is all inclusive? E-Racing and WhateverYourTeamName Racing can meet there?

Sounds like a great idea!

Ball is in your court smiley. biggrin_o.gif

here is a little clip i made of the mess we made last night.

1 race in the UFR's from the start till the 3rd corner ,viewed from Anaconda's car

http://noccy.piraatti.info/UFR_Mayhem.bik

its in bink format ,so u might need radtools to play it (have no clue how to edit files so they have a decent size ,so I have to use bink for now)

Brataccas ,did u race with us under a differnet name last night or did u guys play seperate?

If there were 2servers with 6players on it, woudnt it be alot more fun if we were all together on 1server with 12(or more) cars?

Feel it would be a pity if we were all racing apart.