Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

OFP Modern Combat Mod

I've pointed out many of the same ones I did to TB, to you, so there's really no excuse. You're mainly making this because you like certain things, ie, having P90s ? No one, USA or Russia and especially not resistance would have that kind of weapon. Make sure you make the m4s semi and burst, that's the way they are in real life, not fully automatic. If you have anything you aren't sure of, PM me and I'll help you out all I can!

Hi, Everyone

I apologize for my absent, but my personal life and working on some other project in my life have left me with little time to work on OFP. Well to get to the subject I've spent the last couple of weeks tweaking/changing some aspects of the Mod with the little time I've had available. Here are some small changes made too the Mod so far:

1: Added RHS Mi-24 instead of CSLA Mi-24.

2: Added 2 additional Mi-24's.

3: Fully Added FFUR2006 ACU Troops, Crew and Special Forces.

4: M4A1 replaced by M4 with Single and burst fire options.

5: I planning to add the new RHS units to level out with ACU units.

promo-6.jpgpromo-7.jpg

promo-8.jpgpromo-9.jpg

promo-10.jpgpromo-11.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/Big-Rooney/OFP/promo-12.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/Big-Rooney/OFP/promo-13.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/Big-Rooney/OFP/promo-14.jpg

Thanks all for the feedback more news soon and hopefully a release (cross my fingers).

Bye.

I guess you'll use Diesel's A10. If do so, please use the grey camo icon_rolleyes.gif it's more common nowadays than the green camo, and it's looking much cooler than that smile_o.gif

Anyway, nice job so far thumbs-up.gif

Ok. Its been a long time so I'll just get straight to the point. With the imminent release of Armed Assault, I've decided there is no point to a Modern Combat Mod for OFP. I will now focus all my gaming attention on ArmA. Thanks for all your support guys, But it just didn't work out.

Aww thats too bad Big rooney I really had some nice units you could have used with 'realistic' values etc...

Too bad i just read all this post. looked like a sweet mod.

not sure how these things work but can you post what is made of the mod?

You mean other peoples work where you did not have permission to edit them?

what the hell?

he had permissions from everyone AFAIK what was the point in posting that  icon_rolleyes.gif Dont think becasue of people like rebel man etc that people steal addons all the time so think before you post.

sorry to here about that BR any plans for ArmA in paticullar?

You mean other peoples work where you did not have permission to edit them?

what the hell?

he had permissions from everyone AFAIK what was the point in posting that  icon_rolleyes.gif Dont think becasue of people like rebel man etc that people steal addons all the time so think before you post.

sorry to here about that BR any plans for ArmA in paticullar?

No he didnt he has edited DKM's Black Eagle with out permission.

Para is right, Universal has been parading his "modifications" to DKM work on these forums with no regard as to getting permission, he had to be told in the thread where he had already started promoting his texture changes to actually ask.

He should not be talking about DKM addons (maybe you could clear this up Universal, maybe you're not talking about DKM addons) as he has yet to recieve permission to edit them in any way.

OMG he can do what he likes with them, he can paint them pink with yellow dots, and he can talk about his modifications. He hasn't released anything has he (apart from the S-400, for which he got permission), so he's done nothing wrong.

For all you know, I could modify every single addon I have... So what's it to you?? I think you're you're just being so petty, it's pathetic IMO.

Quote[/b] ]He should not be talking about DKM addons

That quote pretty much sums up your bad attitude

Well who would have guess which side Shashman would jump on when DKM addons are mentioned... icon_rolleyes.gif

Now, actually reading the topic and what has been said, you can see that you missed the point.

Quote[/b] ]Aww thats too bad Big rooney I really had some nice units you could have used with 'realistic' values etc...

That statement sounds like Universal has some addons, which he intended to release. As he has only mentioned so far that he has edited the S-400 and the Black Eagle, it is not far fetched to assume these are the addons he is talking about.

Perhaps it was that my sentence had a bracketed comment in that made this sound like that, or that you are just trying to fish for negative comments to justify this little rant you are on, but no, if he is talking about releasing modified DKM addons, he should NOT be talking about them like that.

If you want to start picking out quotes, maybe I should quote the OFP.info comments from a while back when you said you didn't need to be constructive about criticising addons, or the comment on these forums about how you regard saying any kind of thankyou for an addon as asskissing. Anyone can pick and choose.

Quote[/b] ]I think you're you're just being so petty, it's pathetic IMO.

If looking out for the interests of the authors of these addons is "petty", if expecting some kind of honour from people is, then yeah, call it that. But when you obviously just wanted to express some opinion because you can, not because you had anything useful to add, I'm afraid you are the pathetic one.

Quote[/b] ]

That quote pretty much sums up your bad attitude

I think you entire last post has summed up your bad attitude, and many more before it.

I realise you have made a sport for yourself on this forum of doing this kind of thing, so I won't continue it. If you would like to, though, feel free to continue it by PMing Placebo.

im talking about the modern combat mod not universal they are two completly different quthors / people and yes universal can be rather dumb as placebo said himself

I agree with DKM Jaguar.. If you are to modify anyones addons receive permission before you do because if you go around and start saying look what i made/edited and your showing it off thats bad, but if you keep it to yourself and only your self no screen shots or what so ever no one will know, but if you start showing it off and releasing it without permission things can get bad, now what if this guy wants to release his work and he never got permission and now things go bad for him and they say no you cant release this modified work of ours hes screwed. and if he does release it no one will like him and just forget about his work because he disrespected someones else's hard work.

If you are to modify anyones addons receive permission before you do because if you go around and start saying look what i made/edited and your showing it off thats bad, but if you keep it to yourself and only your self no screen shots or what so ever no one will know, but if you start showing it off and releasing it without permission things can get bad, now what if this guy wants to release his work and he never got permission and now things go bad for him and they say no you cant release this modified work of ours hes screwed. and if he does release it no one will like him and just forget about his work because he disrespected someones else's hard work.

And Matt exhibits his usual attention to detail there icon_rolleyes.gif

If you'd actually read what I said...

Universal hasn't released anything without getting permission first!

Jaguar was having a go at him for talking about his addons... I mean come on, wtf is that huh.gif

Anyway I PMed Jaguar last night about this, just drop the subject everyone

im talking about the modern combat mod not universal they are two completly different quthors / people and yes universal can be rather dumb as placebo said himself

I was on about Universal wink_o.gif

Fact is DKM don't want universal talking, mentioning, even having Anything to do with modding/editing/release their addons, in any way, shape or form.

I was on about Universal  wink_o.gif

ok sorry bout that smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]sorry to here about that BR any plans for ArmA in paticullar?

I'm working on all my developmental skills with some friends at the moment but work is making it tricky, But I would say I have, Updated units, realistic values, improved gameplay etc. Just have to wait and see what I'm working with when ArmA comes out. When is that UK wise?

THE DKM ADDONS: First it is alright for someone like universal to edit other peoples work for his personnel use, I do it all the time. But as stated in the readme of all of DKM's projects there can be no public release or showing of this work without the proper permissions. If I planned to use the stuff universal gave me I would have asked DKM for permission to release it as part of this mod, I would have also told them that it has been edited by universal to his own liking. It's not right to use someone else work to show off your texturing skills without the permission, DKM put alot of hard work into there work and should be respected for it, A simple request to show your gratitude is all they ask.

Thanks Rooney, it wasn't your reputation that was in doubt. Glad someone has some honour in this community.

Humour? Lol you're the last person I'd associate wih that word

Good to hear that you're thinking about modding ArmA, BR smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Humour? Lol you're the last person I'd associate wih that word

I believe the word war "HONOUR" not humour. Read the post properly rather than continue an ill informed crusade against DKM and addon makers rights in general.

Shashman, you want a flame response so you can justify your little rants, you can't get it out of me by PMs, as much as you try, so don't think you can bring me down to your reputation's level in public.