Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

OFP Modern Combat Mod

P.S. Any links to middle eastern stuff you suggested would be appreciated.

Forgive me for this but it would take me age's to track down the addon's confused_o.gif I have over the year's used the usual OFP site's for my download's. Sometime's the model you want is in a rather large PBO,and at first(untill you load it in the editor) You don't know exactly what is in cetain addon's!

P.S. Any links to middle eastern stuff you suggested would be appreciated.

Forgive me for this but it would take me age's to track down the addon's confused_o.gif I have over the year's used the usual OFP site's for my download's. Sometime's the model you want is in a rather large PBO,and at first(untill you load it in the editor) You don't know exactly what is in cetain addon's!

Thats O.K. I'll track down the addons Myself. On the Subject of the Mod, I should have a release tomorrow. I'm just fixing some grenade and troop issues. So tomorrow I'll get this trend locked and start a new one in the addons & mods complete.

Well folks.

Yesterday I said I'll release my work today. But unfortunally some real life issues have just popped up banghead.gif.  It may be a couple of more days before I can release my work. Sorry about that.

Cheers.

news is up on ofp.info thanks to serial killer B-R smile_o.gif

Yeah tounge2.gif

Nice job Roonie. Keep it up. pistols.gif

All sounds good B-R.  Any chance of including the ECP burning tank crew script? Does alot for realism.

Any chance of including the ECP burning tank crew script?  Does alot for realism.

That would be "ace" inlove.gif  I have however asked modders and failed in the past with this subject so i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you sad_o.gif  I have also asked the question on this and other forums on how to implement a burning crew script,all to no avail! It seems to me it's a rather tabboo subject for some reason. @ Big Roon, i can imagine how you must feel making you're config. I have dabbled myself ,it's very time consuming and a lot of hard work. Be carefull because it can get addictive,but well worth it. For me this sort of thing is the real joy of the game! Looking forwards to the fruits of you're labour. ( carefull it don't take over you're life lol) tounge2.gif EDIT= just seen the screens on ofp info! I see you are using the new unit's with new head model. Mate don't bother trying to implement them crazy_o.gif  I have tried but evertime i resume a saved game the new head /faces just flash rapidly and are all screwed up! (and yes i have added the correct line's into the config for the new face's) Everytime i bring the subject up in the various topics reguarding new models with the new head/face's no one answers the question hmm crazy_o.gif It's a bug they all know about but avoid facing! (no pun intended) tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]news is up on ofp.info thanks to serial killer B-R

Thanks for that serial killer.

Quote[/b] ]Any chance of including the ECP burning tank crew script?

I'm attemping to inplement some ECP scripts but not so sure about it. I'll keep you up to speed on this.

Quote[/b] ]I see you are using the new unit's with new head model. Mate don't bother trying to implement them

I'm goin to ask Cameron McDonald to let me edit the units to use BIS faces. Anyone able to this (looking at helping_hand) please assist.

oh shi*, the things u can do are, add llauma faces to bis heads (its been done), add new classes e.g BR_MEN and have them with llauma heads and do what i did with the faces otherwise i dont know what else to do ask cameron though wink_o.gif

oh shi*, the things u can do are, add llauma faces to bis heads (its been done), add new classes e.g BR_MEN and have them with llauma heads and do what i did with the faces otherwise i dont know what else to do ask cameron though  wink_o.gif

So is there nothing you can do to turn the heads back to BIS heads. Codeblue are the next best ACU units but until they release there work I'm goin to have to use Operation Faceplants units and people don't really like the Lluama head random face thing because of the amount of issues. I've sent cameron a PM just waiting for a reply.

So is there nothing you can do to turn the heads back to BIS heads.

It can be done by jigging around with the unit model! I hope someone explains in detail on how to do this. It seem's this new face model thing is the latest fashion,it's all other the place crazy_o.gif it's a pity most of the new unit's released with modern acu ect cammo use the new face's.Another downside to new face/head/ is that it induces lag sad_o.gif

Changing the BIS head back is easy. One just needs to be sure to:

a) Attach the head to the shoulders, since BIS heads don't have a very long neck.

b) If you can't do a), stretch the neck.  smile_o.gif

Big-Rooney, check your PM.

Action Man, check my FP thread.

@Big Roony ignore my previous post about the new haed model my problem with them has been sorted! It seems i have been stupid and didn't include the f set anim in my config! Cameron kindly sorted it out for me,the solution he posted in his faceplant topic. I now eat humble pie and take back everything i said about new head/face models.

Ok

I've recieved a PM from cameron and its good news. A release is planned soon I'm just fixing small bugs in the config a resource. The mod is about 500mb -600mb in size without any additional sky packs.

I've some more screens here.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/Big-Rooney/MCM-42.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/Big-Rooney/MCM-2.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/Big-Rooney/OFP/promo-1.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/Big-Rooney/OFP/promo-4.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/Big-Rooney/OFP/promo-5.jpg

Notice in the second picture, I've implemented a crater under destroyed tanks and APC's. The crater has a 40% chance of appearing

Quote[/b] ]us infantry dont use the m4a1... and crews def. dont use mp5s...

Ok. So what do US infantry use. And crews with SMG's is better than crews armed with nothing.

Quote[/b] ]Looking good. Am looking forward to this.

Thank you for your kind words.

Quote[/b] ]BTW, any idea of a size you wanna go for e.g 300mb etc.?

Well as already stated, It will be about 500 - 600mb. Installer will be about 450mb in size. Hope thats clear enough. Thats as small as I can get it without removing all the cool additional weapons etc. So I hope the size is not a problem.

light infantry are armed with m4, not m4a1, there's a pretty big difference, as one is burst and one is automatic... mechanized infantry generally still use the m16a4.  tank crews are armed with an m4.

Ok.

I've basically finished the main part of the mod. All I need now is a good place to host the files. Any suggestions.

Also i've some pics of the Desert Modern Combat Mod i'm working on. I'm not sure of a release but we'll see.

Desert-5.jpg

Desert-4.jpg

Desert-3.jpg

Desert-2.jpg

Desert-1.jpg