Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Scope VIEW (improved)

If this is going to be implemented then make sure and do it with Eye Relief correctly simulated.

well i agree at some point but i don't agree with the Vignetting image because if we have to look to the right in that scoped image we would not see that Vignetting effect. So its better if no Vignetting is used, imo.

My point is that the player's perspective must be directly lined up with the scope and back X inches (whatever the eye relief is for that scope) in order to see through the scope. This seeing stuff through the scope while it's at the hip or low ready is unrealistic.

Then again this whole concept of seeing through the scope and your surroundings at the same time gets messed up by the fact that we see with two eyes in real life and just one centralized view in the game. I thought WGL did a great job of virtualizing this with their iron sites view by making it transparent.

AA140906pic04.jpg

is this how its going to be?

i have not seen any improvements about this subject yet.. If this is how its going to be i rader not have that scrappy scope afterall looks like a fake one.

Anyone have any news and improvements about this feature?

scope looks improved yes, but does someone actually use scopes in CQB if the ranges are less than 50m rofl.gif

thats an aimpoint (red dot sight, although u cant see the red dot in that pic) by the looks of it not a scope

bootneckofficer

scope looks improved yes, but does someone actually use scopes in CQB if the ranges are less than 50m rofl.gif

i dont know how you see its improved.

to me it look like the same as in OFP. mad_o.gif

Absolutely yes! Unless you are playing (cheating) with the enabled crosshairs.

Peace,

DreDay

The most important thing for now is for them to add ironsight for grenade launchers.

You can't aim with them if you turn off crosshair.

The most important thing for now is for them to add ironsight for grenade launchers.

You can't aim with them if you turn off crosshair.

yes... yes you can... OFP has had the ability to have ironsights for grenade launchers, and the ability for them to be properly calibrated

In video games they don't serve much of a purpose. In games when you press the iron site key they always give you a picture perfect site picture when you shoulder your weapon. Trespasser is the only game I know of that made you adjust your site alignment.

In real life aimpoints allow quicker target acquisition. You don't have a front and rear site to line up before getting lined up on the target. Also since it's only 1x parallax and eye relief are not an issue.

They also give an illuminated dot to aim with which is useful in low light situations.

The above poster is right. In real life you get a lot of benefits even though the zoom is 1x. Unfortunately these improvements aren't noticed as improvements over ironsights because OFP/ArmA's ironsights don't require: allignment, focusing, ect.

Although I thought most "red dot" type sights in use by US infantry are the 4x magnification variety. Confirm/deny?

Although I thought most "red dot" type sights in use by US infantry are the 4x magnification variety. Confirm/deny?

ACOG's are typically 4x in military use. They're magnified optics, not red dot sights.

Aimpoints, EOTechs, and the Trijicon reflex sight are ALL unmagnified reflex optics.

edit:

Here's what my EOTech HWS looks like, for reference sake. Where the red reticule is is where the bullet will go. This is not really modeled in games yet, I hope a future BIS game does it.. perhaps Game2.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6171484737767746207

As Strango said, scopes that don't zoom serve no purpose in games, since players can aim accurately without even resorting to ironsights (unless they are true diehard realists and play without the crosshair - God bless 'em!wink_o.gif.

IRL, unmagnified sights are used for easy target acquisition, rather than having to line up your posts with the ironsights, making them especially useful in CQB scenarios. You just shoot where the dot points.

I find the red dot sights to be of use in video games even unmagnified. Such as GR:AW's red dot. It's nice to see the target and not have 40% obscured by the iron sight.

sometimes dots seem to be very big if we aim far.

The dot will cover literally all target, and that sucks. Those dots should be smaller and since im not a mod maker and if BIS are going to make/use them, they should/must reduce the dot size to a simple small dot (like a pixel or something like that and not those BAS's dots).

sometimes dots seem to be very big if we aim far.

The dot will cover literally all target, and that sucks. Those dots should be smaller and since im not a mod maker and if BIS are going to make/use them, they should/must reduce the dot size to a simple small dot (like a pixel or something like that and not those BAS's dots).

The BAS dots were enormous, it shouldn't be like that.

The Aimpoint dot is 4MOA, typically, so that shouldn't be hard for someone to scale properly in the game. The way it is right now looks fine to me - reflex optics aren't typically meant for long-range precision shooting. For what they are meant for, however, they're fantastic pieces of equipment.

There's much more to be said on this topic, but the important stuff is what has already been mentioned.

As Strango said, scopes that don't zoom serve no purpose in games, since players can aim accurately without even resorting to ironsights (unless they are true diehard realists and play without the crosshair - God bless 'em!wink_o.gif.

That's not true, they're still better than ironsights, which block a lot of your view and can be hard to use at night or against dark backgrounds. Also with the 3d ironsights, it would be possible to have them misaligned.

Also with the 3d ironsights, it would be possible to have them misaligned.

Unless they have the dot shift inside the aimpoint based on perspective this won't gain you anything in the game world.

they should still be superior in game as well, as in real life iron sights require one eye closed, CCO requires both eyes open wink_o.gif

Whether you have 1 or 2 eyes open is totally up to the shooter, not the optics. Some people can do it, some can't.

I agree, two eyes open is the way to go and is the way I shoot.

Now I'm a bit confused as you contradict yourself by saying to shoot with one eye open in the first post and two eyes open in the second.