GALIL AR

galil_ar.jpg

Bofors AK5

ak5.jpg

L85A1

l85a1.jpg

SIG 550

sig_sg550.jpg

Where´s the M4A1 FlatTop w. M203GL and/ or Trijicon ACOG in your list?

m4m203.gif

sopmodm4.jpg

Also i can´t find the AK105 with Kobra Sight and GP30 GL.

kobra7.gif

ak105.JPG

I voted for the G3A3, i love that gun

I would love to see a AKMS-47 with a bayonet

I wouldn't mind seeing this

ak74wshit.jpg

A AKSU74N w/grenade launcher and night vision, found the pic at securityarms.com

doh I chose SLR because I didnt see SA80 but it was there under L85A1 sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Jan. 25 2002,01:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">doh I chose SLR because I didnt see SA80 but it was there under L85A1 sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Haven't you played Twilight 2000 ?. confused.gif

Guest Scooby

You included AK5 but you forgot to include Sako RK95. (Sako M92)

The AN-94 Abakan was missing from the list. That's the only Assault rifle I' want to add to OF.

The FN, one of the few rifles that is better than the AK for reliability. It has also been involved in a lot of the worlds smaller wars. South West Africa, Angola, Six day war, Falklands (both sides smile.gif )

The FIN FAL is actually used by more of the worlds armed forces than any other automatic weapon in the world, even the AK-47. Some useless info for you there...

OICW sucks, get one grain of sand in it and it blows up in your face.

I've always had a fondness for the HK G11 personally biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HK G11

A revolutionary new concept - perfected - with nothing comparable internationally

In the development of infantry small arms the fact that the problem of effectiveness could not be solved satisfactorily showed that the concept of a weapon/ammunition system such as the G11 meant tackling paths previously unexplored. Assault rifles in service around the world today are too heavy as individual weapons due to the caliber. Their recoil is excessive and it is impossible to keep them aimed on targets during sustained fire. Bullet trajectories today are also too high and do not fill current needs. <span id='postcolor'>

I assume there will be a bunch of posts flaming the weapon in a matter of minutes, So I'm gonna suggest an off-topic weapon so it can be flamed at the same time for future reference....and notice i said "off-topic"

What about the HK CAWS? biggrin.gif That would be a nice close quarters combat weapon.

Although not in that time era nor an assault rifle, it's a hell of alot better then the poor excuse for shotguns we have available in multiplayer at the moment. And you can aim with it atleast unlike the Kolzice mad.gif

Comrades

The FN FAL is one of the finest pieces of man-portable industrial death that has been made in our very short cosmic history. It is ten times better made than the AK and fired a more powerful, accurate and reliable round.

It has been manufactured under licence in scores of nations and was at one time (1960's to 1980's) used by over 80 nations. Even where the AK47 was in use in a national armoury, the FN FAL often soldiered alongside.

It was used by British Commonwealth nations in a semi-automatic mode only, while everywhere else they were produced with full-auto capability. They had hundreds of attachments, modifications and finishings, but they were all the same creature at heart.

As for all of those weapons pictured that look like they were used on the set of ALIENS, go and play with them in Ghost Recon or Quake wow.gif

Long live the revolution.

Its coming, man, its coming.

Listen, you can hear it...

The FA-MAS rules.

This is the best (overall) assault rifle in the world.

High power (specific bullets), high accuracy, little recoil, very high fire rate (it is said the last bullet is gone before the first case hit the ground), still reliable for such a high tech weapon (remeber the first versions of the M16), and, last but not least, can easily become a mortar launcher !

The real drawback, except it's pretty hard to find (french army specific rifle), is it's production price : around 1000$US.

Using my sources, the M16 is about 200$ and an AK74 (depending from country and "custom") only 20~80 bucks !

So yeah FA-MAS would be fine, not to say it (still) has a futuristic design.

I would have to go for a "real" rifle in this instance. We can have all the 5.56 NATO Assault rifles we can stand, but they all do the same damn thing. Same 30 round mag, same stopping power, etc, etc. The only noteable difference between them is appearance and sound.

Reliablity does not factor into OFP, so I'm for something different.

It would be nice to have something with the same stopping power as the M-21 but without the scope. I'm for the FN-FAL or the HK G3.

Just my 2 cents...

Tyler

G11 and FN FAL rock!!!!!!!!!!!!

FN FAL should be used as sniper rifle

and G11 as CQC rifle