Sign in to follow this  
dave8

Codeblue ACU

This was done with my previous (alpha) release already.. there were "vet" Marines with dirty uniforms and better camo settings and normal Marines with a tad bit cleaner uniforms with normal camo settings.. the only problem was that the "vet" Marines had the older model huh.gif

The verdict is in: I will not change it.

Absolutely *swear word :P* beautiful. Keep up the great work wink_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

This was done with my previous (alpha) release already.. there were "vet" Marines with dirty uniforms and better camo settings and normal Marines with a tad bit cleaner uniforms with normal camo settings.. the only problem was that the "vet" Marines had the older model huh.gif

oh, sorry, I had not paid attention banghead.gif

lol it's ok, it was definately easy to miss biggrin_o.gif

The ACU looks good but last time CB released something...it was the weapons that were the weak point.

Why not go with exisiting Laser M4's (or any of the other addon makers weapons)...they look just fine and have already been made obviously.

And how about using some quality grenades too? wink_o.gif

Quality Grenades

sounds like a very good idea there.. I definately will check them out

Outstanding!  notworthy.gif

When will it be realised???

The ACU has been realised since quite some time ago.

A URL link would be nice... unless you are talking about the other ACU addons made by other addon makers. They are nice....but Dave's models/textures I believe are some of the best and in many ways different and more realistic then other addon makers. Thats just my opinion. I'm not trying to say that other addon maker's work sucks, cuz they don't. They are great. But I just prefer Dave's work.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks Miles Teg.. long time no see! Good to see you again

Outstanding! notworthy.gif

When will it be realised???

The ACU has been realised since quite some time ago.

Is there any link ?

thumbs-up.gif

Um... not sure if this is what he means but you have your words mixed up, realised does not mean released.

People WITH US military experience did comment on that sanctuary, and you are correct.  Of course new ACUs dont look like that, thats because in combat you rarely have time to wash your clothes, not to mention when you do it's rarely done properly, also the ACU tends to hold whatever color it was stained by.  Mine from iraq are more of that color, while ones stained at fort benning are reddish, ala, red clay. whatever shade you end up with, make sure from the knees down, the bottom of the sleeves, and the helmet color are nastier looking than the rest. they have more contact with the ground, obviously, and one rarely un-velcros his helmet cover, as it annoying (at least to me) to re arrange the pads in the mich, so it stays dirty!

Very good unit! I like the shadow in the face from the helmet! Never seen before in ofp! About the weapons. I tested your OWN Weapons in you Code Blue demo release. Think it was some desert rangers... I really like the textures and the muzzle-flash! Look's great. I hope FFUR is interessted in! Well I am! wink_o.gif

Thanks guys.. Now, here are more images  wink_o.gif

acuback2nw7.jpg

acubackca9.jpg

acuside2ca2.jpg

acusidezy7.jpg

And some teasers for my upcoming island.. Only grass is in place at the moment - trees will come in soon. Grass textures by BRG. INQ_M1 in use. Do I need permission from BRG?

islandaction3gl8.jpg

islandaction5pu4.jpg

wtf is up with the camelbak? arent you in rotc? ever tried carrying something off center like that on an IBA?