Sign in to follow this  
sfc.itzhak

USMC

*Stupid question*

is the AAV7 is that APC that marines use when they invade coasts ? [or not invade, assualt or whatever  confused_o.gif ]

btw,

very nice smile_o.gif

is the AAV7 is that APC that marines use when they invade coasts ? [or not invade, assualt or whatever confused_o.gif ]

Yes, amphibious assault vehicle.

Nice work!

Looking forward to use it smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work guys wink_o.gif

Semper Fi!

lookin good rothy, what island is that??

The island in the last pic, is an island I created 3 yrs ago, but never released, since it's not finished. It is called "Rothy's Pacific Islands" and has a Marine amphibious base in the north west part of the island. I created several coconut palms, which is another project I have been working on. I hope to be finished with them soon too. tounge2.gif

I want to give special thanks to the following people;

1.) itim_tuko - a long time friend and fellow modder who created the new turret and also helped with suggestions and beta testing along the way.

2.) SFC.ITZHAK - for creating the opening cargo and ramp doors.

3.) wipman and klavan - for links to excellent texture tutorials that helped me make the textures more realistic.

4.) everyone else not mentioned who added comments and suggestions. Thanks! smile_o.gif

May I commend you on those textures. They look really good in the screenshots. The vehicle feels like sinking into the environments thanks to the camo textures.

You need to update to 5.1.

Those screenshots are using the old vehicle commands.

You need to update to 5.1.

Those screenshots are using the old vehicle commands.

LOL biggrin_o.gif

I have completed the desert version of the AAV7. Here are some screenshots.

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2006-10-0712-44.jpg

Hi, ain't like that much that yellow desert tone that you've chosen, it looks to me like the pink desert used by the UK in some SAS land rovers during the 80's and i think that maybe also in the 70's & 60's; But i couldn't do it better, or it'll take me ages. Belive me, i've tryed.

I had an idea for a AAV7 addon... to do the usual cargo system models and do too a variant with the cargo troops over it, sith some BIS sand bags arround the top of the hull; they may serve for cutscenes apart of add variety of vehicles to choose. Let's C ya

Hey everybody! I apologize, but I dropped outta sight due to some family crisis. I hope to get back to realeasing the AAV7 for OFP soon.

I just got ArmA recently, and as soon as the tools are released, I would like to get it in ArmA too.