Sign in to follow this  
Blackbuck

UCS_Mercenaries 0.9 Release

So does the new USC_Mercs require the weapon pack? I see you say it's a seperate module, but is there a dependency?

Just ... stunning smile_o.gif

Great job!

EDIT: I've found a bug. (W) Submachine Gunner doesn't have textures on his arms in 1st person view.

...may I ask, who would be dumb enough to wear a baret in winter? His ears would be freezing off quite quickly. Wouldn't a skull cap, or if you want it more unifrom-like, an Ushanka be better suited for winter action?

Otherwise, great work!

I see the missing arm texes in 1st person was posted about already but I still took a pic so...

here

It'd be nice to have had a grouping for the urban guys.

Really a way to go, Helping_hand...Great pack. thumbs-up.gif

with combination of ORCS motor. infartry,FP US pack and your mercs its GREAT notworthy.gif <<yes,no worthy biggrin_o.gif

ahh yes lol, the Minimi also needs the belt function looking at too, are their any major glitches i've missed except that texture issue?

Yes, there is one more thing. The Mk.11 carbine has got a visible muzzleflash shadow on the ground.

BTW, I think that your mercs' are too much uhm... "bulletproof" ? wink_o.gif I've needed eleven BIS M16 shots in the torso, or two shots in the head to kill one of them.

lol i like it to a certain degree, it may need some tweaking if we can but the armour values should be if i recall correctly the torso andhead on the helmet (un released), my char took several rounds before dying and i was grateful i could get to cover before i died lol

that was known since 0.9 tounge2.gif needs sorting out, we just havent got all the time we;d like atm

i dont know how many time i've said this but we arent making sci fi characters we just made the ones we did because the names we used were guys from the film simple as, so we wont be making any other RES Evil characters

UPDATE

Weapons

Well this weeken i've been rather busy, making more stuff for the weapon pack, it includes atm; Revamped 6.8SPC M4 (Camo should look better and no longer desert), CQBR + EOtech, Revamped CQBR SD and a new mystery weapon.

the sad thing is i dont have the v2.0 tex for the SR25, that and there are several model issues to be sorted out. So that will be totally remade.

the M249 again has a few small problems and will be completely re done, possibly as a "PARA" version

I've also received an offer to use some "foreign" weapons to ucs, M4s and alike...

Any proper ideas about what else to include? oh BTW the next version of the weapon pack will be all in one PBO i believe.

Units

The mercs have had little progess since release really, the few smallbugs were corrected, and we are waiting on some desert texture to use for the new guys. there will / should be a few light scripts in the next release hopefully to  wink_o.gif

Regards H_H and the UCS team

In regards to vehicles, other than the buggy, what about some custom made technicals?

Perhaps something like an enclosed 4x4 with a GAU-2A for a turret? whistle.gif

depends what we can make / borrow, besides myst i thought u were part of the team crazy_o.gif

06/10/06 UC Studios Update wow_o.gif

Depending on original authors these are how the weapons should look

Weapon Collage 1

Top to bottom;

The DM4 has been reworked into a neutral camo scheme i made

The MP5 is an "A2" so uses an "S-E-F" trigger group

The CQBR you see here is the silenced version with the SJB 2.0 ACOG and PEQ2 etc, these are only here to illustrate what the model should look like and may not be there in the final version.

The SR25 Carbine has been reworked into a full size SR25, until i can get the needed textures from jackal.

The AK47 you see is one of several variants in production, its just a reskinned version of the SJB_TOS AK47 really.

This CQBR hasnt changed since the last release apart from the PEQ-2

The Minimi Para you see before you will be changed back to its original Solid stock version as i changed my mind about the para...

AK47 / AKS47 Collage

This picture represents the AK47 area of the pack, different furniture and magazine cappacitys ETC.

Also in production are the following...

MAC 10 -> Status = Model Complete awaiting textures

Skorpian Status = Model Complete awaiting textures

RPG7 Status = Model Complete awaiting textures

Nades / Explosives -> Status = Model Complete awaiting textures

lol i'm on 70% of the day, ARTIC guys now have watchcaps instead of berets

<span style='font-size:23pt;line-height:100%'>UC Studios are looking for members</span>

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>UC studios at the moment consists of 3 people, Me, Serial killer and Myst9999. We would like to enlist some help to the ranks to finish off module one.</span>

we are looking for;

skilled texture artists / mappers.

Modellers.

Artwork and Icons etc

Contact me -

- AIM: Tuscan350 (Helping_Hand)

- MSN: -Tornadoz23@Hotmail.com (Helping_Hand)

- E-Mail: -tuscan350@aol.com (helping_Hand)

Small Update:

Changelog

UCS_Mark has been updated toa woodland scheme with a helmet (courtesy of HYK)

UCS_Chris has also had a helmet added to him

Weapons:

The M240B is nearlly at 100%

All of the other weapons are now using their own magazines efficiently before the CQBR didnt want to use its mag...

Vehicles:

there has been little progress of late on the vehicle front due to lack of funds (no idea what to make)

stay tuned HH

are you going to add "gear" to them ? head radio gear and stuff, like in Jonys SF pack and TQP army sf