Sign in to follow this  
maruk

What to fix in the next patch

Yeah, I almost forgot. Certain entities like houses or troops or roads can't be seen if you look through the windshield of a vehicle while outside the vehicle. It's usually not too obvious, but in places like that large guard post in some bases surrounded by windows, it's really wierd.

Hi (thank you BIS people for such a great care of future fixes of OFP)!

I played the 1985 campaign in version 1.0.

Now when playing Red Hammer in ver 1.40 I see that vehicls bouncing (like a ball) when they are hit. I cant remeber that I saw that in version 1.0...anyway it's look very unrealistic.

The same goes for more heavier vehicles (a lorry) is bouncing 10 meters in the air when they are hit by a LAW. That happened in Red Hammer the second mission near the camp.

It's look very unrealistic.

Thanks again!

I've had a problem with the laser designator... whenever i target something.. the game crashes I'm not sure if its my computer or my graphics card or anything. Oh and if you do add things.. id like some more unique ground vehicles (ground tanks are cool, but do they all have to have sabot and machine gun) and some neato aircraft for russians

btw... the game is so AWESOME!!!!!!!

You may see this as a minor bug or not But..........

Tanks and BMP's still move when empty or dead, on the flat and up hill too. Get close to one and it sounds like the engine is trying to start. It starts momentarary then switchs off, this appears to be just enough to give the vehicle the momentum it needs to move. Having said that, when game developers break new ground then theres bound to be snags and bugs. The game itself is without equal. A new benchmark in sim gaming has been set with OFP. Hats off to you guys.

When I have entered an unocuppied tank and a person gets in after me. He will sometimes take my role and it's really annoying because I can't do anything then. But after a min. or 2 the game makes a jump and I'm back into the role.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Fujikoro @ Jan. 25 2002,00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've had a problem with the laser designator... whenever i target something.. the game crashes  I'm not sure if its my computer or my graphics card or anything.<span id='postcolor'>

Search The FAQ for "ltd ctd".

I also have the problem with the LGB and the game crashing. Its not frequent and restarting the game fixes the problem.

I have tried reinstalling & I don't have HW T&L enabled.

Yes, the limited transparency bug is among the top of my list, like tankengines having 1 horsepower, like the others have said. They also go too fast downhill, so I'd say it's an issue of poor horsepowers. Maybe if you let tanks be less affected by gravity, it would drive more even. Though it should not start to bounce more than it already does biggrin.gif

Ok, those where just repetitions, here goes:

----------------------------------------------------

- The joystick throttle has been acting bad lately. It's way too powerful for chopper's altitude and often disables the use of keyboard arrows for thrust or rudders, if joystick is connected.

I've heard many say this.

- Groupmembers won't board cessna before you disembark. They will run up infront of it and stand still. (Believe this is new.)

- AI won't turn off lights on M2 and boats (now this one is ancient).

- Gunners aim ABOVE the target, not on it. Most damage is caused by indirect damage. Especially bad on chopper Gatlings.

- AI run through walls and fences.

- AI tank drivers can't go between houses or into confined areas. They will almost always end up turning right into a wall and just sit there, bouncing with full throttle. Same goes for forrest edges if you hide from them, inside the forrest.

- just added this: If a tree has been knocked over, the AI can see right through it, though the player can't.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ok, it became a list. I just think they're all important. I hope you can fix some of it.

The next two are more oddities than bugs:

- A crewman don't die, even if he's lying right next to his exploding BMP. (fuel explosion)

- AI Spec Ops aren't good at hiding. You can't give them distant waypoints, as they'll not use the terrain properly and will get shot at some point, even in "stealth" with "go prone" and "hold fire".

Thanks BIS, for listening to us! smile.gif

The problem when you order your troops back to formation, but instead it orders them to "all follow 2," and they all run off blindly into the enemy. This never happened to me prior to v1.42.

The tanks drive way too slow up hill.

The AI has X-ray vision and are able to see through vehicles and identify the occupants.

The A-10 LGB still can't hit laser designated targets. Actually since v1.42 I haven't seen one drop their bombs at all.

Add something to make the specops stand out. I would like being able to put a satchel or stickybomb on a car and runing away while there driving off i can flip the switch.

1. When vehicles appear they are still sometimes slightly above the ground (shooting them will make them drop). Sometimes they appear well above the ground but because they are moving they fall, bounce and occasionally roll over.

2. I have been repeatedly shot through long grass (the brown bushy kind) and/or some trees. These should block visibility.

3. Windows cursor visible if running at same settings as desktop. (May be nVidia's fault)

4. Orders issued are sometimes delayed and buffered up so they execute all at once after a pause. Eg. In tank you get Forward, Forward, Right, Forward, Stop, all at once after you got no response for a while.

5. As commander in tank, often the tank goes to 'move' to a locked target instead of firing at it. (Perhaps the target must be 'alive' to shoot at) Tank should always 'shoot' when cursor is on top of target, and always 'move' when cursor is clicked on other screen location. Only newer versions of the game have this anoying behavior.

pardon my speech my DAMN !!!! i want themto fix this patch i went out and bought this great game just to find out it wouldnt patch ......

Well i cant run the patch 1.30 so that means i cant go to 1.40 and now 1.42 so you guys need to fix the patch problem that everyone is always bitchin about ....

Everyone knows about it the dreaded Opflashpoint feeze screen it goes to patch the cd spins and then stops and it doesnt patch ... i have no cd burner and it still does this ..... damn pathc you guys need to fix this problem im not the only one outh there speak up people

The A.I. needs to be more responsive when they get shot at! Even on Super A.I. they do not respond quick enough.

Thanks for making such a great game, I love it but there are a few things that I would like to see.

1. Tanks and helos should not bounce when destroyed, at least not more than once.

2. If you set up an Infantry Squad you should be able to group a fire team to a team leader, and then 2 team leaders to a Squad Leader. And so on. The Squad leader shouldn't have to give orders to each man in his squad to have something accomplaished. (Small complaint but still a pain)

3. "Oh no ...... is down!" (I know that this is getting beaten to death, but I have to turn my sound off in some games so I don't start shooting the wife and kids.)

!!some of the below may have already been posted!!

1. parachutes should not smoke when destroyed.

2. ai helis colliding mid-air happens way too often.

3. units sometimes ignore enemies (mainly happens when enemy retreated, regrouped and continued movement ot next waypoint, however enemy didn't shoot either.

4. add new russian heli: MI17 w/o weapons or only with side mounted PK.

5. even when rifle has only one or two remaining bullets and you shoot in burst mode, the 3-burst sample ist still being played. Furthermore if you have ammo left and reload weapon you should get a fresh clip plus the chambered round making 30+1 (31 rounds total) in case of M16 or AK74 as an example.

6. teach ai how to drive and maintain squad cohency

7. commander on Bradley is very inefficient due to fixed viewpoint to turret. the commander can not turn the turret and thus relies on the gunner to look around for him making commanding the bradley without 3rd person view almost impossible even though this might be realistic. a possible solution and a very useful implemtation would be to allow tank commanders to give orders to the gunner on where he should look like you would do with infantry men. just hold alt key and click when pointing at direction you want soldiers/gunner to face. should be very easy to add but yet very very useful in game. just a tip.

8. the yellow brackets around given targets very often are not updated correctly with the current position of the target. i dont know weather this takes into account that sight has been lost but i'd then prefer to loose the target completly instead of hunting and outdated marker. if changed that way, ai should be able to loose a target like this as well.

9. animations like going prone when shot at and the generel response of some units takes far too long. sometimes they start to get their weapons in the hands after half their squad has been wiped out. increase response time so that units react more simultaneously to threats.

10. units (mostly empty one) are very "unstable" and seem to not be attached to the ground at round start, thus they wip around trying to balance themselves out. this also can cause minor movement due to sliding and just looks dumb if you start a game with units in front of yourself. Maybe this happens because of the general crappy clipping in OP:FP which should be known and is hopefully getting fixed in one of the upcomming patches.

11. the viewport for the driver in the M113 based vehicles should be lowered while inside of the vehicle. you can barely see the street in front of you without having to go into the zoomed-in view like with shooting through the sights of the rifles. just lower the viewport, so that you can view more horizontal.

12. the vulcan behaves kinda strange while being in water unlike the the other M133 based vehicles. its mass point seems completly off center so that the vehicle is turned more into the water on one side causing a weird look. should be fixed for eyecandy purposes.

13. make the m2a2 bradley and the chinook amphibious. in case of the heli make it be able to land on water but not allow movement. furthermore fix the strange behaviour of helis being able to sink into the water without taking damage and also being able to liftoff again. this is very annoying in multiplayer where a possible target could just hide under water in a heli. In generel it would be very good to tolerate non amphibious vehicles a longer contact with water. even a modern MBT can move under water or at least while being in the water to 90% (so that engine doesn't drown) for a short time. maybe introduce accessable water via seal combat divers or infantry that can at least drop into the water and stay alive for half and minute to switch boats or else.

14. While riding in an vehicle (driver, gunner, ride in back, ...) it would be great to see the passengers turn their head into the position they are currently facing. this could need tweaking of the allowed view arc for each vehicle though (drivers mostly are restricted to a realistic degree but passengers can normally turn around by 360 degree. its just an eyecandy feature but it still could add some atmosphere.

15. make ai to get much more distracted by smoke so you can effectivelly use it against computer.

16. improve the radio system by implementing a more efficient usage. examples are a shorter calling of the squad members like: "all except 2 and 3, move to blablabla". there should also be some sort of hierarchy within the radio to allow quicker response for the immediate surrounding. starting from the bottom and then going upwards seem the most logical way, thus group commands like attack orders, movement orders or smimilar should have prority to generel announcements.

However even within squads there should be some sort of priority for orders opposing sightings of enemies or general statements like injuries, fuel status or else.

17. Wwith the last point i want to address the buggy clipping/bouncing stuff of units and their surrounding again. its simply a must to fix this stuff. as light vehicles that fly a at least 50 meter vertical into the air (hummer) when being shot by a sabot round, helicopters that bounce through forrests in which they crashed, vehicles of several tons weight that dance when fired upon with 5.56mm bullets, and tanks that tend to crawl hills up with speed that is below an trabant or on the other hand roll down mountains faster than a formula one car ever would.

I hope this are plenty of useful and also considerable hints for you BIS...great game so far, but please make it better. tounge.gif

- At the beggining of a MP map, the turret and Mgun of the tanks and helo's are pointed randomly. So when tanks are close to each other they start bouncing around for ages because of their turret hitting all the tanks. With helo's i have to go to gunners position first to set the Mgun straight so i can use manual fire.

Best game ever smile.gif

Server/Admin problems/requests:

(1) Add an admin command that allows an admin to place another player as "voted" admin. E.g. on a busy server this would save a lot of time voting on a new admin if the old one had to leave.

(2) Add console instead of typing commands into team/all/etc speech field with # sign.

(3) Add variables etc. that give greater server configuration abilities with detailed documents to see how to do it

Game play problems/requests:

(1) Grenades and explosives land at bottom of buildings when thrown/fired at buildings, it would be a lot better if they could be thrown inside. E.g. throwing a grenade through a 1st floor window such that the explosion is one the 1st floor.

(2) It is possible to run uphill by facing along the side of the hill and sidestepping up it whilst running forward along the side of the hill.

(3) Various issues, that occur when on a busy server mainly seen as desync or lag. So basically improved netcode.

(4) (Especially on "laggy" servers) Things tend to bounce unrealistically. E.g. crates or barrels bouncing 10 metres in the air, up and down for about 5 min.

(5) Allow some form of mid game joining, even if it is some kind of spectator mode (or a delayed spectator mode to stop spectators telling players where their enemies are). Ideally players joining mid game could take over any alive AI controlled playable unit in the mission.

(6) Timed grenades instead of impact grenades.

(7) Side arms. E.g. select from menu in a similar way to selecting LAW launcher.

Gratuitous requests:

(1) More nations and their equipment. I would love to see British, French, German, Austrailian, Chinese, etc. etc. etc. troops and their equipment.

(2) Small Islands suitable for quicker network games. Most multiplayer missions use nowhere near all of the island space. I am sure that using smaller islands would help many lag and network issues.

I know that some (well maybe most) of these are requests and not bugs. However, I feel that all of them are in the theme of Operation Flashpoint and would benefit the game and community.

Heres what I noticed,

1. Cars in general seem to drive slowly now. Its kind of stupid that a 5t truck is faster then the normal small cars. Even the sports car is slow now. Jeeps etc accelerate much faster then the normal cars. This wasnt around a few patches ago.

2. Wrong hit puffs displayed. The Shilka/Vulcan will show explosive hit puffs on the ground but not on veichles. This goes for the HE 30mm rounds in the BMP/Bradley also. Also the AP 30mm rounds show explosive on the target but not on the ground. This makes it very very hard to tell if you are hitting. The puffs should be the same ground or target.

3. I remember back in the first single player demo that you could see the rounds shooting from the tanks. They looked like a small glowing ball, like you see on all the discovery channel tank shows. It added alot of realism being able to see the tank round shooting towards the target. It is also much harder to hit moving targets and helicopers now with tanks because its hard to judge how much it is needed to lead the target. It would also be nice to make the small arms tracers smaller segments instead of long continuous lines.

4. Tanks and tracked veichles etc should not travel down hills as fast as they do. I would think that the transmissions would prevent the tracks from ever moving that fast. However they also should climb hills with more authority. Tracked veichles in general are really gutless.

5. Gunning in choppers. As it is now it is sometimes very hard to gun in a chopper. When you hit the space button (for me) it usually skips a weapon and rapidly switches between the weapons more then you wanted. This makes selecting the weapon you want very difficult.

It would also be VERY beneficial for the gunner to be able to control the gun and the pilot be able to control the rockets manually at the same time. This would make people actually WANT gunners instead of shooting and yelling at anyone that gets in their chopper.

6. Missiles. As it is now Pilots in choppers flying using manual fire can shoot guided missles alone. The missiles will guide themselves to the target. This is kind of dumb seeing as it would require a gunner in real life to guide a TOW to the target. This also makes choppers without gunners exceedingly lethal. If this is disabled it should be made easier for the pilot and gunner to work together to use the missiles. Such as the target selected by the pilot will be shown in the gunner's view. Then the gunner has to click on it and fire the missile.

7. I'm guessing this is realistic how it is, but maybe not ile try it. When a tank gunner shoots a target the smoke of the gun completely obscures the target so you cant see your results right away and how much to compensate. Perhaps less smoke from the tank barrel or repositioning of the gunner scope, just some way so you can see the hit as it happens.

8. Radar does not work when gunner in chopper sometimes.

9. G36 Scope crosshairs are still blurry. Also the G36 round is too powerful, it kills in one hit when it is only a 5.56. It should do the same damage as the M16. If anything should do more damage it should be the AK47.

10. I see that the smoke launching tubes are modeled on the tanks and some APCs. Why not make them useable? Could just add a smoke lauch command to the commander's seat, which would launch existing grey smoke grenades in an arc infront of the tank.

11. BRDM armor values are too low.

12. Cannot shoot through the glass of the Mi-17.

13. Ah-64 glass should be bullet proof, should be immune to small arms in general.

This is what I can think of for now, didnt want to repeat too much so I just thought of what annoyed me. If i think of anything else I'le post again.

SupaRico

Please make the rifle-mortars more useful, they seem to be useless.

New single player and Mplayer missions would do too!

That green horizon line clippin problem is still there.

AI have gotten worse at driven and tend to go head to head after stops when following each other.

AI run threw building walls....

Rifle mortars rocks! They can take out a squad if you aim ...

If the tank gun's smoke cloud should be modified, it should rather be to add more of it, I'd say. biggrin.gif

It's perfectly realistic (and cool) to be have the gunsight obscured by clouds.

I have two additions:

- Choppers can still flip over without exploding. Maybe if you marked the collision detection of the rotor parts as "lethal" to itself and other units, so if it touches a hard object the chopper will crash.

- Maybe if you can do something to ease the CPU load for off-screen happenings? Sometimes a game can be laggy, even though there's nothing happening within view. Lowering display quality does not help, so it must be some heavy calculations going on off-screen. Towns can also be rather laggy if you place objects in them.

Regarding addons: we all love when you make extra addons for the game. I understand if you may not want to sit and do all those for free. You could make a commercial addon pack, with weapons and units. I'm sure we'd all buy it!

I think a good add on would be hand guns/ knifes. seriously the knife wouldnt be any good but it would add effect.

at night tracers are not visible at all, with night vission on they should have a glowing effect.

more light should radiat from person when firing a small arm late at night.

improve braking for wheeled vechicals.

In the next patch, I would like you to fix,

1. Improvement quality of Voice Chat.

2. Additional animation/behavior "smoking soldier" like "salute".

3. Lag...

thanks

Would it be possible to make tanks and apc's take falling damage. It is possible to ramp the M113 down a bank on Kolgujev and the vehicle doesn't take damage. The M113 might land on its side making it useless, but it still doesn't get damaged. Thats the only problem I can think of that hasn't been listed above.

Possible Additions:

I believe there should be the option to redeploy the M2 somehow.

A deployable mortar, similair to the ones used in veitnam.

Artillery!!! Especially usefull if they could fire smoke shells into an area before you engage.

Proper A.P. mines, the ones that ppl in the community have made are nice, but not ideal smile.gif

Maybe if you can't add these to OPFlash you could add them to OPFlash 2 smile.gif hehehe.

One of my friends purchased Il2 Sturmovich and he was trying to describe how good it was over the phone. Eventually the best description of it was, "Well I'm calling Il2 Flashplane from now on.". Now if thats not a compliment I dont know what is. smile.gif