Sign in to follow this  
Gianteric

Best Cold War Crisis downloads?

Hi,

What are some of your favorite Cold War Crisis downloads? They can be addons, mods, islands, anything! I am having a hard time finding ones for CWC.

Thanks!

i still cant see why people dont want it, it basically upgrades the game to something even more playable, then bish bash bosh, a couple of patches later and ull have it up to v1.96!

to be honest resistance means u can have access to better addons and stop doing this nener.gif at the enemy and start doing this pistols.gif

bootneckofficer

I am having a hard time finding ones for CWC.

And I am having a hard time thinking of any good CWC addons after all those years... confused_o.gif

Just get Resistance (or the Game Of The Year edition) like others have suggested (easiest solution in years whistle.gif ).

Alright, thanks! I am also buying a graphics card and RAM, so I'll be just about out of money tounge2.gif But I'll get enought money soon...

If your looking for a good quality mod to play while you wait, try out the INV44 demo, I think that works with 1.46

I was once like you, stuck with ole v1.46...

I made missions, and thought there could be no more to OFP. At those days I used to cruise over to OFP.info and atwar.net to see the latest addons. Once I got there, I used to jump for joy at seeing something awesome released, and then get pissed off seeing "v1.91 only" stuck on them.

If you don't have Resistance, you'll probably live to regret it - I know I would have, had I not searched Australia for the last living copy. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks! Are there any mods other than that demo one for CWC?

All of the original UCE stuff used to be very good on its time, and the RED weapons pack was a nice update to the weapons sounds.

Have a look in OFP.org, they have lots of CWC addons in there. And the SEB Nam Pack V1.0 was really good for CWC.

Ofcourse, they are well outdated now when you compare them with the new addons, lol.

All of the original UCE stuff used to be very good on its time...

They're still good in comparison to some of the stuff released today, if you're able to find a download I recommend every UCE (also sometimes went by UCEE) released as they were top-notch.

Ah, that's where OFP info takes over, used to be all in OFPEC, but we all know the score.

Link to UCE's stuff.

EDIT:

Actually, Resistance was released in 2002, so if you look herefor any addons dated before and not long after Resistance was released you should find some good addons.

Work your way from the last pages of every addon section and you can't go wrong.

There is not much info about the addons in OFP info, but they have a picture, and that is a good guide, well, sort of wink_o.gif

Thanks guys! Does anybody know if theres any transport planes that are for CWC? Can they carry vehicles? Are there any good islands?

Thanks guys! Does anybody know if theres any transport planes that are for CWC? Can they carry vehicles? Are there any good islands?

Negative in respect the planes, but about terrains yes, This link for terrains, OFPinfo again, and again, work your way from the last page towars the first ones, but you'll only find CWC compatible ones around last pages, don't ask me up to witch ones they are compatible with CWC because I'm sure there is some from after Resistance was well in the market, but don't quote me on that, biggrin_o.gif lol.