Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Operation FacePlant US Infantry v1.00

@IrishGuy: Don't know how you "go get" that feeling, myself. Check Wilco's post. Wow, look at how much I copied those other addons. Christ, the resemblance to both NUT's ACUSol and Sgt. Eversmann's Rangers is absolutely stunning. icon_rolleyes.gif Certainly called my bluff. And please, IrishGuy, read the first page of this thread before posting your immature assumptions - I have used parts of other addons, of course, but I actually asked to use them. So shmah.

@Neph: They are the BMI BlackOps ANPVS7Bs. Also, there is daytime checking scripts in here for the AI... did you even download the addon?

@Sickboy: Thanks for that, it'll be fixed. biggrin_o.gif I'll also look into the selection problem - it's because I forgot to change Bambi's selection names. sad_o.gif

@Jahve: Have you any pictures of a drop-down MOLLE panel? Or know of any addons using it? And I'll try and shift the magazine pouches around, though I'm fairly sure removing the vest with the admin pouch would not be problem - the pouch isn't covering the vest's release flap.

Also, I've fixed the ACU name tapes - it's correct now.

Dont know if this has been addressed or not:

The tan MOLLE holster.. Its molle in all directions, aswell as the fact the texture yousee on it should be on the side of the holster that faces the soldiers leg, and be on a drop down molle panel.

It appears that you have an acu admin pouch on the middle of the Interceptor Body armor, aswell as a doubble magazine panel on the middle right under that, wich would complicate the soldiers removal of the vest in a situation requiring that by a factor of 10.

The RAID-type velcro and pocket on the arms shouldnt go vertically down, they should be at a 30 degree angle backwards.

Nice job on the "rightness" of the ACU jacket in that pic on the last page, but the "US ARMY" name tape (aswell as the nametape with the soldiers name) should be ACU backed aswell , as seen here

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/7328/raid42jy.jpg

Hope i helped  smile_o.gif   thumbs-up.gif

Your BC lets you wear those patches on your sleeve?

Another bug found, weird one..

There seems to be something wrong with the i3 model (Grenadier)... If you look at him from a certain distance, with e.g. an intro cam, or you are a different soldier, and you look at him... the game CTD's .. little bit vague description but hope you get it smile_o.gif

Beautifull addon. The first ACU addons that looks like real ACU.

Only one thing i could wish for is that it had 'ripples' in the clothes to make them look less flat and more baggy.

Apart from that great addon.

Cant wait for the other addon packs you plan on releasing if there anything like these it will be well worth the download.

i just made my first editing in mission editor smile_o.gif i tryed to change units in ambush mission to faceplant ones to see these great units.

here is the link Ambush_Fp

it would be good for people just wanted to see the addon units in action guess smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]@IrishGuy: Don't know how you "go get" that feeling, myself. Check Wilco's post. Wow, look at how much I copied those other addons. Christ, the resemblance to both NUT's ACUSol and Sgt. Eversmann's Rangers is absolutely stunning. icon_rolleyes.gif Certainly called my bluff. And please, IrishGuy, read the first page of this thread before posting your immature assumptions - I have used parts of other addons, of course, but I actually asked to use them. So shmah.
I'm immature? The only think you can find as a comeback is a minor mistake. Now thats immature I still think it would 10x as better if you took the time to make your own from scratch. It just shows you have no skill so you have to leach off the skill of other people. I pity you sad_o.gif

Addonmakers who make units do not make it from scratch, they take soldier models already made and skin and make some adjustments. Cameron has spent a lot of time on these units by addin scripts and adding on llaumax head model and making decent ACU textures.

Irishguy, Cameron, please drop this now. I really don't care who started it, but next one who continues it can expect a 48 hour PR.

Flaming and flamebaiting are both against forum rules. We expect our members to speak to each other in a civilised manner.

@Sickboy - found and squished, hopefully!

@456820 - there are ripples in the clothing, but they are faint (they way I added them, if they were too pronounced, the clothes look striped).

@mp_phonix - patience, me lad.  wink_o.gif

@Kaan_ - thanks, I'll stick that up on the 1st page when I let the patch out.

@Jahve - added MOLLE drop patch, and redid holster in ACU. Also, I moved the magazine pouch around so it doesn't hinder the un-velcroing process of the IBA.

Quote[/b] ]here is the link Ambush_Fp

Mmm... can someone upload to somewhere else it says i have downloaded mazimum for today or i can wait 61 minutes.

Quote[/b] ]here is the link Ambush_Fp

Mmm... can someone upload to somewhere else it says i have downloaded mazimum for today or i can wait 61 minutes.

i wish i can do that but my upload is too slow it will take 25 minutes to finish confused_o.gif but if you have another browser firefox or something try with it it should work in different browser wink_o.gif

I'll give it a new mirror when I release the patch...

...which I will do so when all the FFUR rage calms down! biggrin_o.gif

I'll give it a new mirror when I release the patch...

...which I will do so when all the FFUR rage calms down! biggrin_o.gif

The ffur rage has already calmed down for us Multiplayer lovers... How about releasing the patch... I can't wait... can you guys???!? smile_o.gif)

I don't know if this was asked before, but why are all the soldiers looks like the clones from star wars ? they all look the same ! and I think the laluma pack has more faces then this one, or every face is diffrent in the structure that you must config it sepertly every face ? huh.gif

could'nt it be like the defualt OFP in using the 'set identity' command where you choose the face ?

I'm not complaining that they hjave same faces and say "go fix it beofre I shoot you !", just asking  icon_rolleyes.gif

They use the non-camoed faces Facestex2.pbo (apart from the sniper).And as facestex2 doesn't have actually any non-camoed western faces except for the originals, well... The "issue" being fixed.

And you can actually change the faces... either make you own and pack them (with config of course), or just open the config of facestex and get the classnames. Then just set a trigger with something like 0.2 second delay and type unit setface "face", like normally.

ACU with camoed faces looks a tad off, I feel. Hopefully, BlackScorpion will be helping me work that one out a bit. biggrin_o.gif

Dont know if this has been addressed or not:

The tan MOLLE holster.. Its molle in all directions, aswell as the fact the texture yousee on it should be on the side of the holster that faces the soldiers leg, and be on a drop down molle panel.

It appears that you have an acu admin pouch on the middle of the Interceptor Body armor, aswell as a doubble magazine panel on the middle right under that, wich would complicate the soldiers removal of the vest in a situation requiring that by a factor of 10.

The RAID-type velcro and pocket on the arms shouldnt go vertically down, they should be at a 30 degree angle backwards.

Nice job on the "rightness" of the ACU jacket in that pic on the last page, but the "US ARMY" name tape (aswell as the nametape with the soldiers name) should be ACU backed aswell , as seen here

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/7328/raid42jy.jpg

Hope i helped smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Your BC lets you wear those patches on your sleeve?

My BC? im not even American m8.

elo... was just wandering wats the difference between the version 1.0 and 1.1!!!!huh.gif

hey Cameron, very nice job...LOVE THOSE UNITS...GREAT WORK!

hi everyone.

i love the nvg models on these units... how can i make them available for all my addon units that come equiped w/ nvg?

i use the Y2K3 mod that changes the default sky and default ngv but would rather use the one on this mod.

is there something i can change in my ECP config?

maybe give me an example of how do accomplish this?

thank you,

The NVGs equipped with these models are hardcoded into the units p3D (model, in other words), and supported by extensive scripting. There is no "simple" way to implement these into every unit, it would require a large config change, addition of the NVG models into all of your units' p3Ds, and other assorted bits and pieces which would make a grown man cry. Sorry man, it's not impossible, but it will take a LOT of time.

You should see how much trouble I'm having finding a Russian NVG model for my other FP troops!  biggrin_o.gif

Raj - 1.1 has a pistol LOD bug fixed. 1.2 (coming soon), will have quite a few new changes, nothing major, mostly aesthetics and bug squashes. I'll post a full list up shortly. wink_o.gif

Probably a little late for this, but I figured I'd show you a scanned in chunk of my actual US Army issue uniform, brand new. They fade a decent bit after wear in the field, but still, this is what we wear (not the fake airsoft crap).

There are a million different color blends among the fake ACU's people buy online.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6421/acuvh7.jpg

If it's too late to provide some help, my apologies.

Ta mate - you got anything bigger?  smile_o.gif

EDIT: And yeah, I know all about that fake airsoft bullsh*te flying around - makes it damn hard to find decent ACU textures, same with MARPAT.

Sure thing, I have tons. It's kinda hard to scan in a "large" picture of the whole uniform, but I can do piece by piece, or whichever area in particular you'd like to see.

PM me if you'd like anything.