Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

The Forest, BIS and WGL 5.0

absolutely fantastic,best mission since black ops halo.#

as always excellent work mandoble.

10/10

OMG!! I JUST NEALRLY &*%&^$ My Self...

i was in the tower, saw some creature thing.. was like wtf..

then i went to investigate then i tured around and there was a creature coming right at me and before i new it, it killed me and i nearly jumped out ma skin cos it was right on me when i turned around lol..

Ive never jumped playing ofp before.. GREAT!..

Anyone who's finished it before:

Open it up with the editor and play in the daytime! Funny stuff! That'll teach you not to shoot the BlackOp! biggrin_o.gif

After, going south and being alone,

when the winds blowed my fire, i tried to climb the ladder to be "in security"

when i heard the "Waaaaaaaaa" and after that in my back "the thing" i pressed escape and leaved OFP whistle.gif

Don't think i will be capable to continue goodnight.gif

My computer died, so probably I'm a bit late with the replies, sorry.

dmakatra, I cannot add copyrighted music to this mission, only free music or demo samples, if these authors have free music or samples, please, tell me. About voices, as said before in this thread, it might be done, but it is not going to be easy to find first quality voice actors for Grunt One, Collins, girl's father, girl's spirit, woodcutter leader, a second woodcutter and peaceful ghouls. Add the fact that ghouls, father and girl voices should be processed to add some ghosty effect.

mp_phonix, the mission is not hard, but do not expect to find zombies or anything related with zombies. The Forest probably has absolutely nothing in common with zombie missions (except the night), in fact, it is not exactly an horror mission, while I agree that it may be frightening at some points.

Cameron, to learn that you should not fire at peaceful ghouls you dont need to edit the mission and play daytime, just look for them near the forest firecamps. There is also a happy ghoul "party" in the middle of the forest after you leave the boat. Find them, aim, pray and fire wink_o.gif

deanosbeano, Matt, thanks for your comments smile_o.gif

Cameron, to learn that you should not fire at peaceful ghouls you dont need to edit the mission and play daytime, just look for them near the forest firecamps. There is also a happy ghoul "party" in the middle of the forest after you leave the boat. Find them, aim, pray and fire wink_o.gif

Tell me about it! I found out the hard way...

"Humanoid beings! In this accursed forest! They can't be friendlies... let's try this."

*BOOOOM!*

biggrin_o.gif

My computer died

rofl.gif      You're the man, dude!

And oh, you have my simphaties, Mandoble.  confused_o.gif

SPOILERS TO COME

Tell me about it! I found out the hard way...

"Humanoid beings! In this accursed forest! They can't be friendlies... let's try this."

*BOOOOM!*

biggrin_o.gif

I'm odd. I shot at everything BUT the ghouls (and the dad/girl). Drop-particle effects, trees, bushes, suspicous looking ruins - the lot. biggrin_o.gif

ermm spoiler warning ?:

I tried to play and find the house with the spirit told me to find girl crying in the woods. I found a founatin near a church-looking bulding but everything was blocked and I only could go back.

phonix, the father told you to find his daughter in the same forest where the father's house is.

dmakatra, you missed a quite interesting effect, go back to the forest, find a ghoul (they evaporate if you get too close) and pistols.gif at him tounge2.gif

hellooo? help.gif i got problems with nightmares from this mission biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

the most amazing un spookiest mission i've ever played these 3 years  crazy_o.gifxmas_o.gif

the WGL version isnt working

Hi Salvatore,

no problems reported about WGL version since it was first posted. What kind of problem do you have?