Sign in to follow this  
awa202

Removing all HUD to use flashpoint for movie

hi, i am currently making a short film for a competition. it is on the vietnam war and we need a scene with a chopper, a huey. Since we are on such a low budget obviosuly we cant use a real one. We have tried using a static image and animating it although we cannot find any background video scanning over hills that is suitable to be in the background. we have decided to use flashpoint and capture it using one of those capture programs. although the problem is when your playing u have all the HUD and pointers n sh*t on the screen and we dont want that in the movie! we plan to blue screen ourselves into the chopper! using the command view we get a nice side on view of the huey where we can easily insert ourselves into the seats. although the prob is all the HUD! does anyone know how i can get it out? i know it may b possible using the cinema thing in the editor although i dont have much experience with the camera stuff. is there a way i could fix a camera close up to the side of the huey so the chopper is moving but the camera is fixed at its side, where we are going to be sitting. Please help! any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Get a mod called DXDLL and by pressing the application Key an U it should remove everything from the HUD

Here It is

DXDLL isn´t mod wink_o.gif

It´s just adding new graphic effects

Tool?

By the way, are there any "bluescreen" islands around? I mean, it'd be just a flat island with tall vertical hills at the corners, so that you could use it for bluescreening - kinda.

A while ago someone used bluescreening to get flashpoint addons and use it with real video footage. From my understanding, all they did was make a giant blue box, and used that.

Abs

Is there any way to make the HUD disappear without using DXDLL? Because it's a hit on performance and for some things I wanted to shoot there's nothing that DXDLL would contribute to, except for taking out the HUD...

Turn off EVERYTHING including Fps counter, postprocesing,, reflections, night shader, dont let it change your LODs etc just have it on so you can app + U and it should make a 0 - 1 fps hit.

hey can someone help i am trying to use a jpg file as a blueprint in o2 but tex view wont convert it

Did you check the filesize? You have to make sure that it's a power of 2. 128 x 128 should suit your needs fine.

Abs

Tool?

By the way, are there any "bluescreen" islands around? I mean, it'd be just a flat island with tall vertical hills at the corners, so that you could use it for bluescreening - kinda.

Herro good sir/madame,

I attempted this before but since I'm a dunce at island making (I used to be able to do it but I can't anymore because I'm stooped) I had to just modify Desert Island.

I used green rather than blue, and had problems (as expected) when editing it in Adobe Premier when there were heliochopters flyink around. The rotor blur textures really make it look awful. Also had a problem with the glass textures...

Also, there appears to be, in addition to the actual sand texture, another partially transparent texture that gets laid on top of island textures. I couldn't find it so I was stuck with a not-pure-green island surface which screwed things up substantially as well. Also, (obviously) the water which crept into the edges of my footage messed it up too, but that was operator error.

If you are seriously interested in a blue/green screen island I could make another attempt.

I have found a flat island and a green/blue box I got in the videography thread years ago sitting on my hdd.

I think the box had to be setposed a bit higher to have a green/blue floor, too. Something like <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1),2]; in the init box.

Here are the addons, credits go to the authors (SpecOp9 for the map, drill seargent for the boxes):

Flat Island

Green Box

Blue Box