Sign in to follow this  
martinovic

How realistic do you expect ArmA to be?

Don't forget,if the game gets too violent it may not be released in certain countries or something of that nature because of all the bullshit going on..oh yes we can have people screw hookers and kill them with a bat or something,we can have games that people can walk down the street and just shoot people for no apparent reason but then people cry out when a war game has violence..lesigh...people are really dumarses at times...oh well. Problem is too much violence may or may not be good,don't forget about those 'poor misguided' children that can't distinguish reality from games,and of course if the game comes out the kid is going to say "oh mommy a war game!" and like a fool the parent buys it without checking and then becomes infuriated the COMPANY when they find out the game they BOUGHT THEIR CHILD has violence. On another note some people just may not want it,its a difficult thing to be sure,having it as an option may be good,but I think in the end run,it probably won't be included in the game and would be more up to a person to mod it. I mean hell,the blood cloud and blood marks are usually more than what you see in most todays games. Even Resident Evil 4 had no blood when you shot people,sure there was a part where there was a woman with a pitchfork through her skull with trails of blood and whatnot but theres no actual blood when you shoot the 'zombies',and most war games don't have blood either. The most I'v seen so far would be perhaps a wound decal in a persons body,OFP had something similar but it kind of appeared more realistic,and OFP:E was more violent than OFP in the way of those textures,in OFP if you shoot somebody in the face you see the front of their face covered in a bit of an odd ketchupy looking blood. In OFP:E if somebody is shot in the head half of their entire head is covered in blood and if I am correct there is also a bullet hole in the forehead. And yes the blood is like a spatter and not so 'well kept' like OFP.

You have a point there, this subject is not ignored by the society at these days, thats true.. but..

We also know that this game is not for kids.

In ofp theres an option to remove the blood and some other effects.

Make sense if BIS keep the blood option for the more sensitives or what ever.. and improve it for the core fans like they did for ofp:elite.

Also when it comes to war games realism is something you need to take care with. A real war is ugly, bloody and terrifying.

I think it would do a lot of good to include that side of war in wargames. Not just in the effects, but also in the storyline.

Perhaps it would educate people to show that war is terrible but faced with those realities many people would just stop playing (myself included).

I'm not a sadist who derives any pleasure real or simulated from inflicting pain on others. I know that in reality I wouldn't go into a real war unless left with no choice (e.g. In direct defence of my country). What OFP gives me the chance to do is exercise my interest in the technology and tactics of war, to pit my wits against an opponent and to have fun in doing so.

I think theres a simple solution about realistic injuries

which is not including too much gore in the game while making it rather easy to mod so a person can mod it buy his own and the developing company

cant be sued

Hello...I have seen the demo videos and our protagonist has picked a PK machinegun WITHOUT crouch...very similar to Counter Strike...this is a bad idea guys...is too irreal that I can get a weapon without move my body.

Cheers.

Nobody else is really happy about it either. Perhaps the ones that like to have alot of arcade but not many OFP'rs,personally I hope they change it back to how it was.

Hello...I have seen the demo videos and our protagonist has picked a PK machinegun WITHOUT crouch...very similar to Counter Strike...this is a bad idea guys...is too irreal that I can get a weapon without move my body.

Cheers.

The animation, i.e. the crouch over, is not finished yet. It will most likely be in the finished game. We've said this twenty times already.

Uh, UkraineBoy, this is his first post...  Probably not been around a great amount of time  icon_rolleyes.gif

(even if it does say 2005)

Welcome Razor 7.  Just about 100% of the forum members here agree with you, and also hope this changes before the finished product hits the stores.

I would kindly recommend you check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) stickied on the first level of the Armed Assault forum.  It will save you from some of the... 'unpleasant' responses from a few less patient members  wink_o.gif

That´s a roger pal.

Also, in that video, a M1A1 was shooting some rusians with the machinegun and tourret movement was absolutely not real, and from 3rd view, the machinegun was aiming to nowhere

razor7 the video was from an unfinished demo and contains many obvious missing or incomplete animations and textures like the static muzzle flash from the mounted tank gun etc. The game has moved on a lot since then and is still in development.

Yes...you right, and still that is very promising...I really hope they lounch it soon, and I hope to be solved the weapon pickup thing.

Regards.