Sign in to follow this  
Voron357

MODUL SKY v0.9

I uploaded the Data3d.pbo, and you can download it from my website : www.23rd-div.com/data3d.rar

This way you don't have to use Total Commander.

Just install Modulsky using the Setup.bat, and then download this file and put it in '!modulsky/dta/hwtl' replacing Data3d.pbo.

The file is around 20MB in size.

Good luck.

- Viper

Download that if you don't want to use the Total Commander.

Hey, I've just installed the sky but it neither works out for me.

What am I supposed to replace and what folder to create ? And what for do I need TotalCommander ?

Ive the folder !modulsky with the resource folder (moon etc.) inside and the parameter -mod="!modulsky" but the sky I see is still the standard BIS one.

Can anyone give me a short toturial on this please ? huh.gif

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ June 11 2006,15:51)]Hey, I've just installed the sky but it neither works out for me.

What am I supposed to replace and what folder to create ? And what for do I need TotalCommander ?

Ive the folder !modulsky with the resource folder (moon etc.) inside and the parameter -mod="!modulsky" but the sky I see is still the standard BIS one.

Can anyone give me a short toturial on this please ? huh.gif

1. Download this - http://www.23rd-div.com/data3d.rar

2. Put this to your !modulsky/dta/hwtl/ folder

Quote[/b] ]parameter -mod="!modulsky" but the sky I see is still the standard BIS one.

Correct parameter is -mod=!modulsky

smile_o.gif

If your like me who edits his ofp to the max and has about 100 extra edited files then modul sky, then cpt.Viper's data.p3d may not work.

But in this case do what i did is put all resource files into your Newdata folder, then run the installer. Seems to work fine for me.

Or you can unpbo the data.p3d file and copy+paste the files from the resource folder then repbo the file and replace the previous.

Anyway im off to try the update.

But in this case do what i did is put all resource files into your Newdata folder, then run the installer.

I did that but i still get the <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No entry "Cfg.Addons"

error. So I will be sticking with llaumas sky pack for now

Then maybe try llaumas installer, thats what i did becuase it only ceates 2 files rather then the 4 which you get with this installer.

Just add the files into New Data and run the setup, how hard can it get? huh.gif

Or for that matter, manually copy Data.pbo from Res/DTA or OFP/DTA into your Modulsky modfolder, DePBO it and manually add the files yourself. God damn rocket science.

I like your modulsky pack very much! I'm playing with the version 0.9 for the next time to see how it feels.

One thing I don't like, or let's say could be done better:

when stormy sky arrives, sometime it looks ugly since the coulds are very detailed as far as the horizon, but the terrain is "in fog". I play on viewdistance 1100m. so it makes a extreme contrast the sky to the ground. I would prefer that the stormy sky on the horizon would be more faded in into the terrain, so it wouldn't stand out so much.

Just downloaded this skypack and I did exactly what ofpforum said, but it still crash. sad_o.gif

I might have added the pboplugin file on the first try by mistake, I had an error saying "External exception EEDFADE."

On the second run it worked without an error, but OFP doesn't seem to start.

EDIT: Made it on the 3rd attempt. It was the pboplugin as suspected smile_o.gif

for those having problems instaling this excellent sky, download the modul v0.9 and the small patch somewhere in this thread, place the modfolder as directed, place the p3d files from the resourses folder in the newdata folder, substitute the original setup.bat with this one, run it...thats it, done.

setup.rar

@voron:

Plese release a simple to install version, since I tried to install it to and it took me about an hour to get it to work!

At lot of people will get disheartened by the complicated installation procedure and will give up on your skypack before they would see it!

@voron:

Plese release a simple to install version, since I tried to install it to and it took me about an hour to get it to work!

At lot of people will get disheartened by the complicated installation procedure and will give up on your skypack before they would see it!

All has corrected and has corrected, now there is no need to use Total Commander.

The request to news-makers re-download a file on the resources.

Thanks for patience.  confused_o.gif

MODUL SKY v0.9 [4.9 mb]

hi,

nice addon, good work !

but the raining in night missions isnt so good, its looking like a graphic bug or something like this. furthermore you can hardly see, the white driblet blocks your sight.

now there is no need to use Total Commander.

w00t!!

Great work voron, love the stormy sky, maybe a little to contrasted against the horizon, but who cares?

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

maybe a little to contrasted against the horizon, but who cares?

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

Yes the contrast of the stormy sky is definitely to much.

That's why I changed back to llaumax. Still I do like the clear and cloudy sky in modulsky. also the rain textures in daytime look superb.

When I try to start the game, it crashes with "Picture ofplogo1.paa not found" as an error message.

I placed the !module in my ofp directyory and used setup. When i use the mod the game crashes at startup. Also i dont know where to put the 4 resource files in.

Anyone?