Sign in to follow this  
echo1

M468 Pack

Okay, well as I mentioned in Gordy's M4 pack thread in Completed addons, I am working on some M468s based on Gordy's model and Laser's M4s. I am getting permission to use verious models, and I have already got some back. I will make them over the next week or two and then release them, and then improve them if needs be.

m4685cv.jpg

Planned variants

M468 with front grip

(Includes versions with ACOG, EoTech and silencer)

M468 with AG-C

(same sub variants)

M468 with Masterkey

(same subvariants)

M468 Sniper (bipod & leupold scope)

(Silenced and non-silenced)

Sniper will have fixed stock, rest will have Vltor stocks like the ones in the pic

Note: Pics are of Alpha stage weapons, lots more work to be done.

Looking very nice. But do we realy need more M4 variants? Dont missunderstand me but i think that we have enough high quality M4s. Greetz Al Simmons

This is an M468, yes, it is an M4, but where it differs is that it fires a 6.8x43mm round, instead of 5.56x45mm, thus giving extra killing power nearing that of 7.62 while having recoil and weight little more than 5.56. If you google it theres loads of info on it. Its being used in Iraq by some blackops units, where it is quite popular (5.56mm is seen by many to be too weak)

5.56 is not week, its just not a round with alot of stopping power. Being struck with a 5.56 (in the chest) will kill you... evetualy. The round we use are designed to ricochet off the bones, leaving an entrance wound, and an exit wound on a compeltly differnt region of your body. This round is very fatal if shot through your rib cage, a ping pong effect almost.

The M468 is an alright weapon, although it does have extra stoping power, the only thing I would be afraid of is lack of ammunition, exspecialy in Iraq, or any war for that matter. Colt (I beleive) makes an M4A1 variant that uses 7.62 rounds, which is a genious idea for special forces units operating on long un-supplied missions.

You can find 7.62 ammo alot easier than 5.56, so it's a smart idea. Your model looks pretty good, keep it up, though the kid is right, people are tired of M4 variants, regaurdles of what ammo they use.

I know that the M468 uses diffrent ammo than an M4. But basicly it stays an M4. Maybe u should look for some other weapons to create (just my opinion, maybe some Prototypes that never came to Production, or some Calico variants)

As Arnold Schwarzenegger puts it so aptly "Stop whining".

Let ch_123 make what he wants to make, if you don't like it, don't download them, simple.

I'm glad that someones making some M4's with the 6.8mm round, espiecally after seeing such in the game Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on the Xbox 360 (multiplayer weapon only sadly.)

Speaking of which, any chance of you doing a Aimpoint varient of said weapons (as per GRAW)?

Anyway good luck mate, I know I'll definitely be downloading them as soon as they're released (need any testers? wink_o.gif)

Go for it mate. I am on the side of the people who think there's enough M4s but if you want to do it then go get 'em. Just don't be surprised if you take a little flak.

5.56 is not week, its just not a round with alot of stopping power.  Being struck with a 5.56 (in the chest) will kill you... evetualy.  The round we use are designed to ricochet off the bones, leaving an entrance wound, and an exit wound on a compeltly differnt region of your body.  This round is very fatal if shot through your rib cage, a ping pong effect almost.

The M468 is an alright weapon, although it does have extra stoping power, the only thing I would be afraid of is lack of ammunition, exspecialy in Iraq, or any war for that matter.  Colt (I beleive) makes an M4A1 variant that uses 7.62 rounds, which is a genious idea for special forces units operating on long un-supplied missions.

You can find 7.62 ammo alot easier than 5.56, so it's a smart idea.  Your model looks pretty good, keep it up, though the kid is right, people are tired of M4 variants, regaurdles of what ammo they use.

Not really. The 5.56 is light enough to start tumblin inside the body on it's own (without the need of hitting something). It will also very often break into pieces, causing a "lead-storm" wound. The normal exit wound of a 5.56 round is way larger than the entry wound (which is just a nice clean little hole).

However; the 5.56 has little power and is a light weight. Therefor it doensn't pack enough power to penetrate the body deep enough (or start tumbling hard enough) when fired at longer ranges.

The 6.8 and 7.62(NATO) are capable of killing someone at longer ranges easier. The 7.62NATO especially is a very deadly round which doens't overpenetrate too much (causing it to be the heaviest round allowed to be used against humans by RNLMC snipers).

But make no mistake; the 5.56 can kill you like any other round if you get hit at the right place.

about lack of ammo;

They should teach the US troops to actually hit something than whistle.gif No offence, but if you compare the trigger-dicipline of US and UK troops you'll see a huge diffirence. The US troops fire a lot of lead down range. Although SAWgunners and machinegunners are supposed to do this (suppresive fire) normal soldiers are not.

i want an m468

ill download it so pls makeit

ive been dying for those guns since last year

i know eversman is making some too but the mnore the merrier

Hello ch_123,

Nice work you have there, I'm just wondering if it's possible to post some more screenshots of your M468, so they can be posted on www.ofp.info ?

Thanks,

- Viper

also brohow bout the cqb versions with acog and stuff

those will be good

@ Viper: I only started this project on Saturday, and Im getting my holidays tomorrow, so I have will have a good few more by this weekend. I will also look into making CQB versions, and yes, Aimpoint variants will be also included.

At the "Not Another M4 Pack" crowd; as far as Im concerned, Im making something different that people will want, if you dont like it, dont download it tounge2.gif

Ok, reading into M468, aparently, there are two versions. The longer one which you have seen so far, which can only fire semi. Then there is the shorter one that can fire semi/full auto, so I made this in O2 (old version shown on top for comparison

m46823nu.jpg

(Sorry for lack of textures, I havent got O2 set up properly yet)

So then, most version will be based around this shortened model, and the sniper version on the longer model

@ Elite Seal: yes, I may need some testers, I'll talk to you nearer time of completion. I also have some suprises for this pack tounge2.gif (Stuff not related to M468 or any M4s that I have lying around my HD)

Looking good mate, been hoping someone would make an SPC pack.

You'll find a ton of mags for these in JAM3. Most fire modes and magazine sizes should be covered.

The readme will give you all the magazine classnames.

Cheers,

CH

Looking good mate, been hoping someone would make an SPC pack.

You'll find a ton of mags for these in JAM3. Most fire modes and magazine sizes should be covered.

The readme will give you all the magazine classnames.

Cheers,

CH

Im using JAM-3 mags smile_o.gif, thanks anyway.

I got my holidays today, so I'll be able to get work done over next few days smile_o.gif

All I can think of is why on earth you didn't took any of those 4534097234 other M4 packs and edited the configuration of it... confused_o.gif

I am, its based off Laser and Gordy's packs, I was just updating Gordy's weapons. As I said on previous page, if you dont like it, dont download it tounge2.gif

As per Codarls reply:

If you happen to have Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and a Xbox 360 you'll notice that the look of the M468 is a lot different from your average M4.

This is due to the fact it has a entirely different upper receiver which currently no OFP M4 uses.

barrettm468upperreceiver1aa.jpg

The Barrett M468: Upper receiver M468/M16 conversion kit.

OK, other than M468 which is progressing well, I have two other things I had made for myself, which with a bit of work I will release. One is some G36s:

g36kv7cv.jpg

(G36KV with EoTech)

g36krsd0as.jpg

(G36K with Zeiss Reflex and Regular Sight)

I have come up with an effective (IMO) solution to the old problem of not being able to use both optics of the G36, Im gona use the idea used in AceCube's Mini-14; I will have different optics for each firing mode. In single, which will most likely be used when youre shooting targets from a distance, there will be the 3.5x scope. For full auto when youre up close and personal you'll have the Reflex smile_o.gif

Hey that's nice. Bah spent over 30 mins to get stuff to proof something, but I was wrong so... tounge2.gif

So it's good as it is.

Well, I finished off making G36 variants, and I have about 50% of the M468 models done. Now, for the last suprise

ak1037hr.jpg

An AK103, and there will also be a AK104, and some basic variations

Quote[/b] ]I have come up with an effective (IMO) solution to the old problem of not being able to use both optics of the G36, Im gona use the idea used in AceCube's Mini-14; I will have different optics for each firing mode. In single, which will most likely be used when youre shooting targets from a distance, there will be the 3.5x scope. For full auto when youre up close and personal you'll have the Reflex

I'm not sure how he accomplished the sighting on his mini-14, just surprised no one else has done it. I really like how you can zoom in when you need to.

Quote[/b] ]I have come up with an effective (IMO) solution to the old problem of not being able to use both optics of the G36, Im gona use the idea used in AceCube's Mini-14; I will have different optics for each firing mode. In single, which will most likely be used when youre shooting targets from a distance, there will be the 3.5x scope. For full auto when youre up close and personal you'll have the Reflex

I'm not sure how he accomplished the sighting on his mini-14, just surprised no one else has done it. I really like how you can zoom in when you need to.

As far as I can remember (I will have to look at the config again, its been about 2 years since I last looked at that addon) The gun had two firing modes - full auto with aimpoint, and full auto with scope. He had put the sight configuration in the firing mode. Pretty ingenious actually. smile_o.gif

Could some help me here, my weapons dont have any shadows on them when I tested them. How do you get the shadows? banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif