Sign in to follow this  
Ukraineboy

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA modding?

So far we only have a handful of mods announcing their conversion to Armed Assault. Other than the current mods I have seen (Bundeswehr mod, the twenty five thousand Iraq war mods) there is still lots to be shown.

Personally, I foresee and hope for a big Russian Federation forces replacement mod for Armed Assault (would replace DRS units with RFF ones). The reason that there wasn't really a big one in OFP is because there was already Russian (albeit Soviet) forces in the game so the community of people interested in Russian forces were spread out between different types of Russian stuff. Now I think that there will be a major change, and that not only the Russian community, but even just other people who like Russian equipment will be able to muster up an RFF mod.

Another mod I hope to see the return of is ofcourse FDF (hoping to see what new techniques and advances they can bring to ArmA). DMA will be amazing in Sahrani.

As for addons in general, I REALLY hope to see is APCs with gun ports modded in. ArmA probably wont have this, but seeing as with have multiple gunners, you could add in an M16 (or AK for Russian APCs) to the side of the APC (with hole). Now thats the most basic way I see it. Maybe we'll be able to literally shoot out of the vehicle, but that I don't see how.

Other features I would love to see is riding on top of APCs like BMPs, M113s and BTRs. This is done a lot because of the poor ability of M113s and BTRs in withstanding RPG rounds (M113s were known to be highly flammable). Reason for this is for one thing, you have better chance to survive from Land mine, you have more eyes and ears outside the vehicle to kill any single attacker, you can dismount quickly if ambushed. Also, I'd like to see the ability on SOME tanks, like the T-55, T-62, and T-64. Reason being because up until 1970, Russian tanks were fitted with hand rails so they could be ridden on (after WWII not commonly used, but say in a mod where its 3rd world armies). Yes I know some mods have this already, however you dont have the ability to shoot so its kinda pointless since the whole point of being on the outside is to be able to quickly engage an enemy.

Modelled ERA. I want to see actual coded and modelled into a tank, ERA. It would have stronger resistance (and on tanks fitted with Kontakt-5, virtual invincibility) to HEAT rounds, and for tanks fitted with Kontakt-5, a little more resistance to KE rounds (kontakt-5 first ERA able to withstand KE rounds).

As on ERA, actual Armor and penetration values. I am appaled and extremely dissapointed that so far the only mod I have seen to have this in OFP was Lib 41-45. Albeit it was for a WW2 mod were it's much simpler, but basic information on modern tanks isnt too hard to find if you use a system of measuring it by RHA measurements.

World War I mod. I believe there are 1-2 of them for OFP that havent been released. For those naysayers who say its boring to sit in a trench till you die, then do a Russian front WWI mod where there was no static trench warfare. Or do a Russian Revolution mod.

Morale System, or Advanced Morale system. I cannot remember if this was already in OFP, but I would love to see a mod that brought in a way to have Morale into the fray. I.E. If you had lots of squads, the soldiers would fight better than if it was on squad because of the morale. As well, if you're men are infantry and then they see tanks coming, while they dont have tank or air support, then they will be less effective (while they may have ATGMs, they still would be scared of the tanks). Same with air support, and artillery. If this is already being modelled in ArmA then great.

Anyways if any of the above is/has or will be modelled in OFP/Armed Assault then Im sorry. Well post away with what you hope to see

The Tiberium Sun Mod is something I am definately looking forward to.

The morale system you referred to would be cool, and is one of the things I hope to see along with suppresive fire. Ie, making soldiers fall back, take cover, lose accuracy, hesitate, retreat, et cetera as opposed to "Oh no, I'm under fire, I better get into the prone position". tounge2.gif

dunno if BIS will implement fat, tall, short, etc.. men/women.

Would be nice to have these diferences in ArmA, would be more realistic instead of having clones everywhere.

Would be nice to have these diferences in ArmA, would be more realistic instead of having clones everywhere.

ArmA's animation system is "reworked", meaning you can probably easely scale the models yourself. wink_o.gif

ArmA's animation system is "reworked", meaning you can probably easely scale the models yourself. wink_o.gif

pure speculation, right? wink_o.gif

pure speculation, right? wink_o.gif

hence the quotes and "probably" wink_o.gif

I hope there arent any class limitations this time, and it would be awesome if we could turn of hardcoded parts off the engine and replace them with a modded part...  wink_o.gif

1. Customisable turret rotation speed.

2. Tank turrets on wheeled vehicles.

3. View animations in buldozer via O2.

4. A more accurate way of placing proxies than trial and error.

I'm hoping for a bmpt.

BTW that morale system you want is pretty useless. Mission makers can already make those scenarios with scripting. It would be another AI feature that would have to constantly be turned off like "this allowfleeing 0".

Quote[/b] ]I am appaled and extremely dissapointed that so far the only mod I have seen to have this in OFP was Lib 41-45. Albeit it was for a WW2 mod were it's much simpler, but basic information on modern tanks isnt too hard to find if you use a system of measuring it by RHA measurements.

If you are so "appauled and disappointed" about how little has been modded into ofp you mightaswell try it yourself. Guess why these things haven't been put in. Try libmod with more then 5 tanks and poof, framerate in the gutter.

Quote[/b] ]BTW that morale system you want is pretty useless.

Where did you get that from? Yes scripters can add something along those lines at the moment but obviously it would be better hard coded. Soldiers that don't react accordingly to loss and gun fire arn't a good representation of a real battlefield.

Daniel @ May 27 2006,08:07)]

Where did you get that from? Yes scripters can add something along those lines at the moment but obviously it would be better hard coded. Soldiers that don't react accordingly to loss and gun fire arn't a good representation of a real battlefield.

But they do... so no problems there.

In terms of what mods I'd like to see.

Well I'd personally like to see some really different and adventurous full mods set in older time periods. I'd love to see whether it would be possible to recreate an English Medieval mod, War of the Roses, English Civil war through to the Napoleonic wars.

Imagine catapults, trebuchet, ballistas, long bows, swords through to early cannon, pikes, muskets, sabres and the very first rifles.

I know close combat has never been easy with the OFP engine and certainly the weapons/vehicles(horses) are more difficult to model/animate. However it would make a nice change from the hundreds of modern/future combat games I've played for the last twenty years. I think the large OFP/Arma landscapes would make these sort of mods interesting and the FPS perspective sets it apart from the historical top-down strategy games.

Well I'd personally like to see some really different and adventurous full mods set in older time periods. I'd love to see whether it would be possible to recreate an English Medieval mod, War of the Roses, English Civil war through to the Napoleonic wars.

... Re-create ancient history in ArmA! Hey that would be cool, only it would need to be done authentically which would require lots of research. If history lessons are to be told in ArmA lets make it as accurate as possible!  wink_o.gif

A Robin Hood mod would be fun!  archer.gif

... Re-create ancient history in ArmA! Hey that would be cool, only it would need to be done authentically which would require lots of research. If history lessons are to be told in ArmA lets make it as accurate as possible! wink_o.gif

A Robin Hood mod would be fun! archer.gif

Hehe, I was going to suggest the idea of a Robin Hood mod as a possibly popular spin on the historical theme. Although the Robin Hood story itself is largely fictional there is no reason why it can't be used, including the right weaponary for the time and the English country setting. Personally speaking it would be of added interest as I live quite close to the area. biggrin_o.gif

Daniel @ May 27 2006,08:07)]

But they do... so no problems there.

What do you mean by that?

Daniel @ May 27 2006,19:53)]What do you mean by that?

He means that in OFP soldiers do react to loss and gun fire. Maybe not in the way that you imagine they should, but soldiers in OFP will flee the battlefield if their team mates are dying, they certainly react to gunfire by diving to the ground etc

I hope for this:

If you zoom with the sniper riffle scope, that you can give him a "zoom sound" , like a bsssssssssd... zoomed, and ssssssssssb zommed back.

And i hope for that if you do big buildings or like ships for planes, that you have unlimited roadways and geometrys. Because in OFP was a bug, if you had to big buildings or units, like in the Tiberian Genesis Mod with the Heavy Factory of GDI, it is big, and you can walk in it tought. And sometimes the roadways fall out, dont know why, but it really sucks and can make me angry band.gif

I think i hope for more things too, but i dont tell them :P

ltrs

Sen†ry ˛°°ł

I hope for this:

If you zoom with the sniper riffle scope, that you can give him a "zoom sound" , like a bsssssssssd... zoomed, and ssssssssssb zommed back.

I have never shot a rifle with a scope before, but I dont think that actually happens. Also it would get annoying, fast.

I hope for this:

I have never shot a rifle with a scope before, but I dont think that actually happens. Also it would get annoying, fast.

Agreed, I think that you just adjust a scope like a binocular. Zoom and focus. No automatic parts needed. Then again, the only scope I looked through was a 3x mag with no adjustment.

But I really do think that the "bssssd" sound is mainly hollywood.

Or that when you zoom in/out, it migh be a sudden *click* and shift in view. Uh, someone who knows about this should comment for me. whistle.gif

I hope to still see the frequency of small "plugin" addons for ArmA as there was in OFP, simply because mods tend to restrict your overall choice as to what you want and what you don't.

More than anything I like having control over my gameplay experience.

Remove geometry lod and roadway lod limits. Those things are a pain in the butt when you want a massive object and then have to slice it up into sections.

hell no a sight doesnt make noise when you move change the magnification. plus, sights us infantry us generally dont zoom in and out, the CCO has no magnification, and the ACOG is at 4X...

-a script for fire forest, maybe possible using invisible soldier ai for complexe fire propagation.

-about damage system is it possible to trace missile/shell xyz coordinates at impact on a certain collision object face(yellow mesh in oxygen?) and damage the vehicule part accordingly?

i can give further explanations if someone interested.

I like the idee to fight with swords in acient battles to. Would be fun that you can create animations for your models so they can figt close combat like in euh.. Street fighter 3D or so smile_o.gif It would be usefull all around. Guns are empty. So start kicking and boxing. Also for the special ops.. so the can stengle or break necks smile_o.gif..

swimming would be cool to..