Sign in to follow this  
spad

WH40K BETA TEST

well just translate the campaign title, you can open the campaign pbo or contact MDD eric. smile_o.gif

A new issue:

The ammunition link between marine's heavy bolter and his backpack doesn't have a texture.

if you have the eldar pack you won t have this problem

I know the mod is to be balanced with it's own WH40K units and what-not but I just wanted to mention this. When I was testing my mission, I accidentally left two U.S. soldiers on the map... when they engaged me, I was killed (as a Space Marine) after only a few bursts from their rifle. This got me thinking... Should the Marines and Dreadnought have an Armor counter on top of hit points? I know that XPETITE who made the T800 Terminator Mod had something similar to it, and that worked out pretty good considering how power the Space Marines armor is supposed to be. Just a suggestion...

On a side note, the units are hard-pressed to navigate around walls and through the Tau streets, it makes it difficult to create a mission based in a large city, if anyone has any suggestions other than "don't use it" that'd be great.

The textured heavy bolter is great by the way, just used the Eldar mod today... As was already mentioned, the WraithLord has a bit of a modeling issue with it's hip joint... it looks like a big testicle crazy_o.gif

Thanks again for the awesome mod, if I find anything else, I'll letcha know!

P.S. Is there a way to split up the sides? I understand that sometimes Imperial Guard and Marines are at odds with one another... there's just so many sides that should be able to be enemies at any given time, is there a way to add more sides than just resistance, east, west, and civilian? Also, I think it'd be better if the Space Marines were on East or West and Imperial Guard set as Resistance, that way they can be determined as who they're friendly to and the Xenos on a the side opposing the Marines, since Xenos do not necessarily hate one another and could work together as opposed to the Imperium's xenophobic doctrine.... just a thought.

Hello.

Quote[/b] ]If you need it translated into english i can do it. jus send me a pm of what you need done

I need indeed assistance to translate mini-campaign. Therefore, it is with pleasure that I accept the assistance of Wolfbite.

Quote[/b] ]the first mission in the campaign seems really tricky...
For the difficulty of the mini campaign, I think that the problem must more come from the language that level of difficulty. But for that, one needs THE LAST VERSION of the campaign. It makes it possible to choose the level of difficulty (Easy - means - difficult).

Only the DIFFICULT version is really a little too difficult. pistols.gif

ERIC @ May 24 2006,00:31)]
Quote[/b] ]the first mission in the campaign seems really tricky...
For the difficulty of the mini campaign, I think that the problem must more come from the language that level of difficulty. But for that, one needs THE LAST VERSION of the campaign. It makes it possible to choose the level of difficulty (Easy - means - difficult).

Only the DIFFICULT version is really a little too difficult. pistols.gif

well then the case is as follows: I suck whistle.gif

wow awesome mod! forgot I was playing ofp smile_o.gif but im stuck on the first level, Ive destroyed all 3 radars and all enemy (exept for a few infantry running about) and now I dont know what to do banghead.gif can anyone help?

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been waiting for this mod since november i love it

and you put the thunderhawk in thank you.

i have noticed that you mad her fly better now googd job

another thing i was hoping that the multiguns would make an apperence but the mod is still great with out it (will you do multiguns?) its a fantasic mod just a few texture problems thats all

oh off topic i installed vietnam skys but it annoyin as i cant use pilots with it on so how to i get rid of it with out unistalling

Hey, I'm back with more stuff...

We were testing something with the droppods on Desert Island and when the pod fired it's first airbrake, I died?   It happened only on the two occasions, but thought I'd mention it.

Also, me and my coworkers are stumped on something.   Is there a way to create a vehicle at a set height?   I'll tell you the elaborate plan...

The mission begins with several marines and dreads dropping in on a Tau City (Multiplayer co-op).   Once we land, we begin the assault, and of course, we incur heavy losses.   I wanted for every Marine that dies, he is transported to a Limbo (Respawn Point 1), and for every 4 Marines that ends up at Limbo, a drop pod is created and they spawn into the pod and back to an insertion point (Teleport 1), simulating reinforcements.   Now we have problems...   The Pod1 doesn't seem to want to initiate at any height it is teleported to, but pod 2 does...

Anyway, we assume, since the pod is created on the ground and THEN teleported, it won't initiate regardless... so we want to create the pod a few hundred meters above ground so that the squad will spawn into it and teleport over before it hits the ground... if we can get the pod to teleport before it touches ground, it'll still be initiated but it will start at another height elsewhere (Pod 2 yields best results so far).  

But my MAIN question is... how do we spawn a vehicle in at a certain height?  

Mind you we can teleport it to an area at a height, but we can't figure out how to make it create at a set height....  

We've searched for hours for an answer... can anyone?   Spad?  SPQR?   Fans?   Anyone help us in this endeavor?  Thanks and kindest regards!   Cheers! yay.gif

P.S.

We're really anxious to know this, so if there is a reply today, please also copy and paste it into a PM so I can access it from my Work E-mail tonight... unforunately, they blocked this site on the work computer so there is no other way for me to see the response, should we have time to work on the map at all.

the creators of the drop pod script is spqr and sanctuary but i don't know where they are now, so ...

Aww poop... Well, if anyone still happens to know how to createvehicle at a certain height on the Z-Axis, I'd appreciate the help, but thanks anyway Spad smile_o.gif

Is it even possible to get past the first level in this beta? sad_o.gif

@Tolderian I have a vehicle height script that works but the vehicles fall to the ground

For the campaign: you have probably more of addon that of memory what provokes bugs. Either you have to look in the parameter setting of ofp for the management of addons. Having destroyed 3 radars your land speeder is hit and crashes crazy_o.gif (Eject you when we ask to you for it and not before). There you have to save your life... pistols.gif

For pods:

You cannot create a pod in flight. But when it is created kept it at the height X by making a STEPOS. Once the air you has to launch the script of Pods. The campaign unwinds and look in the SURPRISED mission. At the end of the script ATTAQUE or POD he has to have the name of the script there. I am on holidays yay.gif thus, I have no info for it... SORRY

@brataccas anything would be helpful, I don't mind it falling to the ground, we just wish to create a vehicle in mid-air (i.e. a drop pod).

@[MDD]ERIC Well, I've looked at the Setpos, but could you give me a snippet? From what we could tell, we could put in an X and Y axis, but where's the Z? And I'll look into that campaign file you mentioned.

Thanks guys...

In any case it's ok, since we found a work around for it, so no worries...   I wanted to report a bug for the ThunderHawk though.   When more than one unit loads into it, there's a weird glitch where, like, 4 of the soldiers are sitting on the upper half of the ship, from the inside you can only see their boot sticking down, and one soldier is actually standing up but he's actually sticking out of the wall from his head... it's odd, plus, if you try to open the ramp from inside, it looks like the front of the ship warps but you can't actually see outside, although it does lower outside.

The Orca Dropship, when you load into it, soldiers don't actually seem to show up inside...

And lastly... is there a way to make the Frigate like a building with corridors and perhaps a drop-pod staging point?   Just a question, I know I shouldn't be requesting more when so much has to be done and has already been done... just asking, that's all... thought'd it'd be cool.

Anyway, still an awesome mod, and still VERY stable... I havn't tried playing past the first mission, but everything else so far is still magnificant!!!

Hello mod team!

I haven't posted much on these forums, but this mod has brought me out. All I can say is...

Wonderful! You all have done excellent! I'm really, really impressed with this mod, and the potential it shows. It's incredibly stable, I've come across only a few bugs, and for the most part, it runs smoothly!

Is there any way I can lend y'all a hand? Anything? I'm a huge Warhammer fan, and this mod is really something great!

Couple of thoughts:

~Space marines seem to be able to killed but just one hit from a Tau normal trooper. Is this reasonable? From all I've read of the Black Library and Warhammer fiction, it would seem to point to the fact that Space Marines can take alot of small arms hits. Even the tabletop game itself seems to point to this, with basic space marines getting a +3 armor save. Perhaps a little balance work is needed here?

~I'm not going to way in much about bugs, it seems like everyone else has really covered it. However, on the Tanith troopers, when one is viewing them from a farther distance, they simply appear as a white-clothed man. It's not until you get quite close that suddenly their capes and camo appear.Not sure if this is a bug, or just a rendering issue-I'mr running a pretty powerful comp, with a video card capable of playing Elder Scrolls: Oblivion easily, so I don't think it's a hardware problem..

Overall, nice work! If there is anything you all need help with, let me know!

A bit of a fluff bug, the rhino is a little too tall and not wide enough. Or possibly just not wide enough. Same thing for the Leman Russes (although to a lesser extent). And could we get some Predator Destructors in here? I'm starting to think that I'm the only person in the world who actually likes them more than the Annihilators...

A bit of a fluff bug, the rhino is a little too tall and not wide enough. Or possibly just not wide enough. Same thing for the Leman Russes (although to a lesser extent). And could we get some Predator Destructors in here? I'm starting to think that I'm the only person in the world who actually likes them more than the Annihilators...

Is the Rhino larger thant a Space Marine in this Mod? You have to realise that 40K vehicles especially the Marine ones are huge.

A marine in between 7-8 foot tall, the rhino is bigger than that and a Landraider stands at 13 feet, thats the size of a double decker bus.

Quote[/b] ]@[MDD]ERIC Well, I've looked at the Setpos, but could you give me a snippet? From what we could tell, we could put in an X and Y axis, but where's the Z? And I'll look into that campaign file you mentioned.

If you have

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname setpos [(getpos unitname select 0), (getpos unitname select 1), (getpos unitname select 2)]

(getpos unitname select 2) is the Z coordinate

if you replace (getpos unitname select 2) by

(getpos unitname select 2)+500

the unitname object will be teleported at its default altitude + 500 meters high.

Note : you can use number or mix numbers and (.....)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname setpos [(getpos unitname select 0), (getpos unitname select 1), 500]

But in the case of the drop pod (i don't know what difference there is between the 2 drop pods in this mod, having no time to test i will not be able to see, as i remember i made only 1 optimised script, the other script i made (the drop pod was rotating during the fall) was more experimental and less optimised, it was not supposed to be used)

To make things easy for the user so he does not have to use any init line or trigger, i made the script so that in the case you set the drop pod property to "Flying" in the mission editor, the drop pod effect and script will be launched and it will fall from high in the sky.

That may be a problem if you try to setpos it , as i think it could trigger the built-in script and ignore the altitude you want , to use the altitude from the script.

The solution in that case would be the mod makers making another version of the drop pod using the same model , but without the drop script.

Would it be possible for the drop pods to use flare effects in the next installment? Think it would look really cool lighting up the sky as they fall......or is it a stealth thing?

well i think they won't be any news or new release before a while so, people could make their own change.

I do not know if I understood well huh.gif  , but Pod makes some smoke and some light for a certain height smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif  , before arriving at the ground. It's fun smile_o.gif . The line of command to be used is the following one:

P1 setpos [(getpos P1 select  0), (getPos P1 select 1 ), 1000 ]

[ P1]  exec { \drop\falll.sqs }

notworthy.gif

ERIC @ May 26 2006,11:36)]Having destroyed 3 radars your land speeder is hit and crashes crazy_o.gif (Eject you when we ask to you for it and not before). There you have to save your life... pistols.gif

I just tried to do this about 100 times sad_o.gif still at the part where ive destroyed 3 radars and I ejected but each time I get killed cos I think its the vehicles explosion that kills me, despite trying to eject from high up etc, how did you manage this? help.gif