Sign in to follow this  
Stryder

Any 2006 Game 2 E3 coverage?

Does anyone know if Game 2 was even at E3 2006? I've dug up a fair amount on AA but none on Game 2, which is unfortunate since that's the one I'm *really* looking forward to.

This game still *is* in production right? Any speculation on release date yet? 2007?

2008 at the earylest.. but you might get more info in 2007 huh.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Nein, Game2 was not shown at E3.

2008 at the earylest.. but you might get more info in 2007  huh.gif

TWO years??? *GACK* banghead.gif

Well I'm sure it'll be worth the wait...

Game2 wasn`t even on e3 06, sad...I was hoping to see something from game2 even more than from ArmA (ArmA comes out this year anyway)...I hope they`ll relase some info soon...(update flashpoint2.com maybe?)

edit:

Nice find HotShot...We won`t "see" anything new though, cause pll weren`t allowed to take photos...unless they`ll decide to show us an official update..

Quote[/b] ]

The realtime 3D editor was also an incredible thing to see in action...

For those with the Instructor Interface, just imagine that with the full use of the normal 2D editor, but with 3D realtime placement of all objects and Ai.

You can move anything you like, place stuff, remove stuff, all in game totally.

OMG OMG OMG

They need this in ArmA!!!! I just can't wait for that.

na,

but you'll have it in game2 then I guess.

video of vegetation/forrests in game2.

looks absolutely out of this world, i cant wait till 2007/2008 . this is gonna be the biggest ga,e of all time

not very good kinda like a pot cam rip from the movies.

movie

[OMG!]

I wonder If the vegetation sways when a passing by character/animal/vehicle moves it...Is it from ITEC?

It looks like the demo we saw in the CZ TV interview?

Please show us an official movie-presentation of game2 BIS.

[/OMG]

Guest Ti0n3r
I wonder If the vegetation sways when a passing by character/animal/vehicle moves it

I was thinking the same thing the other day, when I saw that exact invention in action (Crysis). I bet it'll be there in Game2.

2008 at the earylest.. but you might get more info in 2007  huh.gif

Well thats not exactlly true... there has been no "official" statement that the game will be out in 2008, or later. Personally all I have seen saying anything like that was a magazine article that said game2 still had 2 years dev time left... tho it would not be the first time a game magazine over stated such things. If a dev, or official sorce has said game2 will be out in 2008, by all means feel free to point me in that direction smile_o.gif

Personally I would think game2 would be more likely to come out later next year. That still gives it a year and a half dev time. Of course I could be wrong... but since it seems the game engine is up and running quite well, it dosn't seem to un-reasonable.

there is official news on game2 , its in my sig, look new release info.

its idea games at the game developers sessions 2006.

it says on the screen, arma Q32006 and game2 2007/2008.

more infor very boring unless your into lectures on physic and non linear geometry stuff and can speak czech, can be found below.i cut the best and its in my sig under game 2 vegetation.

put these two sentence in google and you will find

Geometricky Pohled Na Linearni Algebru

(czech and not much pics)

and

Pocitacem Generovana Vegetace

(nice pics and detail in this of how the forrests etc are generated.)

video of vegetation/forrests in game2.

looks absolutely out of this world, i cant wait till 2007/2008 . this is gonna be the biggest ga,e of all time

not very good kinda like a pot cam rip from the movies.

movie

The vid refuses to load for me... it just says 'connecting', you got a D/L link?

put these two sentence in google and you will find

Geometricky Pohled Na Linearni Algebru

(czech and not much pics)

and

Pocitacem Generovana Vegetace

(nice pics and detail in this of how the forrests etc are generated.)

Could you give us a direct link to any site that has pics or video of the Game2 vegetation stuff?

I wonder If the vegetation sways when a passing by character/animal/vehicle moves it

I was thinking the same thing the other day, when I saw that exact invention in action (Crysis). I bet it'll be there in Game2.

And people say Bis Couldn't live up to crisis. Lol Its Crisis who couldnt live up to BiS. man that looks absolutly awsome.

Oh santa clause would you give me some more info?! xmas_o.gif

Woah, Game 2's flora is a lot better than ArmA's. smile_o.gif

When you compare ArmA to Crysis, the first thing you notice is that ArmA's flora is very poor compared to Crysis, but Game2 will pwn Crysis, yay I'm so happy. biggrin_o.gif

Man, Ive been watching Game 2 info for over a year now, looking forward to it much more than AA (which will still be good) but I come late to these forums, and now all the links dont work. Anyone know where I still still look at some good pics/vids of vegitation.

By the way, why the hell have we heard nothing about game 2 for over a year now in terms of press releases etc? BIS please tell me you are not going to drag it out and out in the same way you have done with other titles....(even so I will still love you guys!wink_o.gif

yeah this games scenery is gonna be something to be rivaled with

edit: i cant spell properly

here is some footageyou need to speak czech tho lol.

its from earlier this year i can help you with three on this page.

one is idea games (nothing just dates )

2 Geometricky Pohled Na Linearni Algebru/ not much

3 Pocitacem Generovana Vegetace/the best one

also for pics look inthe other thread theres quite a few now.

hrej site for gds 2006 footage.

of course its merely technology, it cant really be associated with game 2 yet smile_o.gif