Sign in to follow this  
JPSelter

German GameStar slaps Armed Assault

What also shows the bad quality of her writing: She says that BIS was sleeping for 5 years... hmmmm Resistance shipped in June 2002... calculate wink_o.gif

Sigh goodnight.gif

Ok, she wrote a worthless preview. So what? Get over it.

I agree

As a fan of OFP, she must have been disapointed for some reason. Now its BIS job to show us that she is wrong smile_o.gif

Bring on the information BIS biggrin_o.gif

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

yea im kind of hoping the bad press will make BIS show us more information to prove it wrong smile_o.gif

yea im kind of hoping the bad press will make BIS show us more information to prove it wrong smile_o.gif

Yeah, and I'm looking forward to ArmA report from WWIIEC site. Not from some game reporter but from truly OFP fan.  biggrin_o.gif And it could be posted today  thumbs-up.gif

She doesn't like OFP, ok - opinions are like assholes.

Let it go people. Show the other chin, just calm down, etc.

For all we know she might have given a totally credible report on the state of ArmA, or not. That's not enough to get all angry at her.

So I think there is a basic responsibility in journalism, you can't be too biased nor spread lies. If something doesn't please constructive criticism should be given. Or at least tell why something sucks.

Biased? Aren't these people supposed to review games and not copypaste press reports?

Quote[/b] ]

A press release is probably the most biased info publisher/developers can give, so copypasting that and saying that is the way it goes is really biased in my mind.

Well, it's not biased reporting. It's just lazy. I am sure politician X has bias towards something but it still does'nt mean that airing his/her speeches/comments/interviews would be biased, it would just be stating the facts.

Quote[/b] ]

Developers/Publishers give their biased view of thing. For example a publisher claims that a game is the greatest action title ever made.

Of course.

Quote[/b] ]

It is journalists' job to see if the publisher/developers have delivered what they've promised on the game's cover. But on the other hand a journalist can be biased so that he or she pans the game even though he or she can't state reasons. For example a fanboy of some game could review another game and be too biased in his/her views. I love reviews/articles that try to see things from as many angles as possible.

A BIS fanboy might be biased but I hardly see why some random german game reviewer who is just expressing her opinion would be biased. Bias would be expressing facts in a way that they portray something in a positive or negative light but you simply can't be biased when expressing straightforward opinions.. because they are bias in itself.

Quote[/b] ]

But in my eyes everything seems to be shaping up pretty nicely but no doubt the writer has seen more than I have. confused_o.gif Criticism is a great thing but I think constructive criticism is what everyone wants.

Constructive criticism in a game review? Holy shit.

The average teen gamer isn't so hard to manipulate. BIS should go ahead and make some action-game CG-style commercials. And then, when the gamers have been lulled into what they think is the average FPS title... *WHAM!* Armed Assault turns 'em all into die hard simulation fans.

The world is saved. Give your old man a bud.

The average teen gamer isn't so hard to manipulate.  BIS should go ahead and make some action-game CG-style commercials.  And then, when the gamers have been lulled into what they think is the average FPS title... *WHAM!* Armed Assault turns 'em all into die hard simulation fans.

The world is saved.  Give your old man a bud.

I think we would need a very good tutorial in order to teach kids like me (circa 2002).

It took a LOT of effort to become proficient enough in OFP to be able to consistently win.

It is much easier to draw a new friend into the game with side-by side coaching, as long as the "tutor" isn't too pushy or the "student" willing to experiment a bit.

There is a way to get a better press attention....

New Units....

BIS got them... so give it to me.  yay.gif

(not sure why they hide them for us)

1b.jpg

2b.jpg

3b.jpg

I think someones expectations werent met with the early Arma build, the article is a true horror story and very insulting towards the developer (BIS).

Maybe the press should try a little harder before calling independant game developers "lazy". Like the press works that hard for a living... they live on the shoulders of other peoples work, they should understand it better than the ones they write articles for how demanding and complex game development is (even more in this case) icon_rolleyes.gif .

I will admit this though.. After the initial wows with the lighting, the nice models, anims and promissed features i do see room for improvement.

Its a good thing BIS has so many german fans smile_o.gif .

New Units....

BIS got them... so give it to me. yay.gif

These older units are very nice but the new content seen in the newer engine version seems much better, visual and feature wise wink_o.gif .

New Units....

BIS got them... so give it to me.  yay.gif

tounge2.gif

Hormones!  wink_o.gif  .... I've been married for just over seven years now, and I can tell all you young bachelors that it happens once every 28 days!  tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ive no idea why you are posting VBS1 pics in this topic? tounge2.gif

because armed assault is based on vbs ?? and he wants them to become available and fly them ??

I guess when people make the "lack of innovation over OFP" comment, I think they forget that currently there is no perfect land battle simulator in the market yet.  Until we get the perfect supplemental training tool, I don't think the BIS is being unoriginal in their work.

Maybe reviewers are getting bored of the BIS-style missions. They might need to play the harder and more diverse user-made missions to understand why most of us don't bother playing other games. inlove.gif

For those who want to make fancy banners trashing Petra. Take a look over here.

And here is Miss Sunshine herself...

Amazing girl!

Klavan

only one look reveal to me - "small coddle cow which saw military only from plane 10 000km in skies..."

what a little bi.tch crazy_o.gif

damn my nerves - i am so narky on her banghead.gif

devote for gamestar pistols.gif

because armed assault is based on vbs ?? and he wants them to become available and fly them ??

You are spreading false information smile_o.gif .

Guest Ti0n3r

Indeed. Armed Assault is actually based on pong fy-fon.gif

You are spreading false information smile_o.gif .

Yup, and it needs to stop. crazy_o.gif

For those who want to make fancy banners trashing Petra. Take a look over here.

And here is Miss Sunshine herself...

Amazing girl!

Klavan

only one look reveal to me - "small coddle cow which saw military only from plane 10 000km in skies..."

what a little bi.tch crazy_o.gif

damn my nerves - i am so narky on her banghead.gif  

devote for gamestar  pistols.gif

Uh, we have the freedom to remain offended? banghead.gif

If by comparing AA to UT07 or Crytek's engine means we'll be having glazed soldiers, view distance of 200m and 3 opponents per battle area, then I say no thank you.

thumbs-up.gif gj man

Uh, we have the freedom to remain offended? banghead.gif

Yes i have pistols.gif

Heh, I hope AA goes Platinum when it comes out. That would teach 'em. Someone should hack their website and plant a nice bit advert "AA GOES PLATINUM!" With some kind of small insult down the bottom. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Heh, I hope AA goes Platinum when it comes out. That would teach 'em. Someone should hack their website and plant a nice bit advert "AA GOES PLATINUM!" With some kind of small insult down the bottom.  

Reaching the top is one thing.

To stay on top is another thing.

Think about it.

Obviously the booth did not follow the recipe for success..

1. Big Breasted Booth Babes. (Shows Class)

2. Give away free stuff... (Stress Balls, Coffee Mugs)

3. Have a product that is all show and no go. (40hrs of game play is the number publishers like before the user is supposed to get bored and move on to a New game....that the publisher also has to sell you... 5 years is way too long...TIC)