Sign in to follow this  
Reddy

Kill yourself!

i dont think that every bullet i shoot into the ground is hurting myself.

Yes, they do.

Quote[/b] ]i never injured only my legs by shooting into the ground.

No, you haven't.

Quote[/b] ]I always died but never got injured.

You die of your injuries from all of your rounds.

Quote[/b] ]i thought that every bullet is flying somewhere till its stuck at another place.

No, they don't.

Now that we got that sorted out, let's continue with the other discussion. smile_o.gif

Sorry to linger, but a good indicator of damage is the FFUR health bar that modders added for infantry and vehicles.

Just shoot at the floor near you character and see each bullet make a tiny, and almost insignificant, damage.

I find this engine work around very facinating, because it has the possibility to kill you, but that situation only happens at near death.  There are no wound textures, not audio cues, just suddenly the victim's aim is a little worse, as if he was running hard just before.

It sure was one very sloppy way to make suppression fire work in OFP1 but it's very interesting to know about this developer workaround. What if near miss shots through the air did a little damage? (^_^);;

And that's why they didn't give us a health bar, we would have noticed it like some did with the FFUR 2006 mod. biggrin_o.gif

i dont think that every bullet i shoot into the ground is hurting myself.

Yes, they do.

Quote[/b] ]i never injured only my legs by shooting into the ground.

No, you haven't.

Quote[/b] ]I always died but never got injured.

You die of your injuries from all of your rounds.

Quote[/b] ]i thought that every bullet is flying somewhere till its stuck at another place.

No, they don't.

Now that we got that sorted out, let's continue with the other discussion. smile_o.gif

Sorry to linger, but a good indicator of damage is the FFUR health bar that modders added for infantry and vehicles.

Just shoot at the floor near you character and see each bullet make a tiny, and almost insignificant, damage.

I find this engine work around very facinating, because it has the possibility to kill you, but that situation only happens at near death. There are no wound textures, not audio cues, just suddenly the victim's aim is a little worse, as if he was running hard just before.

It sure was one very sloppy way to make suppression fire work in OFP1 but it's very interesting to know about this developer workaround. What if near miss shots through the air did a little damage? (^_^);;

And that's why they didn't give us a health bar, we would have noticed it like some did with the FFUR 2006 mod. biggrin_o.gif

Yeh, that's what I'd said in my previous post if I wasn't so lazy. biggrin_o.gif

PartizanasLT

most of pop games have suicide. So in that case when you say " developers would have to put an +18" i think you are stupid and your opinion is BS.

Best regards

Being able to type /kill at a console is one thing and on rare occassions a necessary debugging or bug related tool.

Have suicide animations or being able to turn your gun on yourself is completely unnecessary.

The former, where you type kill etc would be acceptable, but to prevent abuse such as killing yourself to escape being killed it would be best with safeguards or some form of penalties attached. i.e. You can only kill yourself if you have been static in X area for Y minutes, which would cover being stuck.

Have suicide animations or being able to turn your gun on yourself is completely unnecessary.

If you were 1% right then they wouldn’t include such option in hundreds of games.

For a tactical sim I think such option is really important and should be implemented in the game.

Just for curiosity, which games do have a suicide option with an appropriate animation ?

Not many.

And they are not supposed to animate the suicide. Let’s say if I type kill the model falls on the ground and that’s it. Like sof2 ET and rtcw and many other games.

i think you are stupid and your opinion is BS.

Flaming/flamebaiting are not tolerated on these forums, please do not make such posts again.

I said there are many games having suicide option, i didnt said that games have suicide animations. But that could be a problem when you point your big gun at reloading enemy and he pushes button with bind: "\kill" and dies before you hit a trigger. Suicide should be commited after some seconds, and that time should be used for playing suicide anim (what else you think should it be?)

OK big guy with dangerous shaking finger, sorry.

Quote[/b] ]For a tactical sim I think such option is really important and should be implemented in the game.

I believe that trying to kill your self would get you court-martialled in real life so not really. And if some mission was considered a simulation, there would be no need for self kills because there wouldn't be respawns in the middle of mission either.

This whole subject is stupid, there's no need for an animation/function where a soldier shoots him self or perfoms some other form of suicide or just falls dead to the ground, there's plenty of ways if you really need to die (like a grenade, richochets etc).

That option could have a switch to mapmaker make a decide. Some people are agreed with me, so dont blame my thread in stupidity

It's possible to give an suicide action to players in OFP and it will also be possible in ArmA icon_rolleyes.gif

This whole subject is stupid, there's no need for an animation/function where a soldier shoots him self or perfoms some other form of suicide or just falls dead to the ground, there's plenty of ways if you really need to die (like a grenade, richochets etc).

Many armies used suicide missions as style of fighting like the Japanese army in WW2.

And many of them used to give their pilots and spies cyanide injections.

Calling the thread stupid IS STUPID!

Plus such options can be used in many mission scenarios and can make it more realistic.

Oh yeah, calling me stupid is stupid, stupid!

edit... because you could do such missions already... in case you didn't get it.

Not many.

And they are not supposed to animate the suicide. Let’s say if I type kill the model falls on the ground and that’s it. Like sof2 ET and rtcw and many other games.

So, first it's hundreds of games and I'm wrong. Then it's "not many". Even then you manage to contradict yourself and say they don't animate the suicide.

Apology maybe?

Oh yeah, calling me stupid is stupid, stupid!

edit... because you could do such missions already... in case you didn't get it.

LOL! biggrin_o.gif

I know it can be done in ofp but its better if BIS include such thing in arma.

I don’t understand why people are always angry here? SCARED of new things?

@Gbee I supported a suicide option but I didn’t request animated one so how possibly I contradicted myself?

Quote[/b] ]SCARED of new things?

Oh yeah I'm literally pissing my pants here. I also suffer from nightmares of ArmA's new cs-kiddie pleasing features.

And I'm not angry, I'm sarcastic and slightly annoyed, like when a hair falls on your face and you have to brush or blow it away because it tickles a bit.

Quote[/b] ]SCARED of new things?

Oh yeah I'm literally pissing my pants here. I also suffer from nightmares of ArmA's new cs-kiddie pleasing features.

And I'm not angry, I'm sarcastic and slightly annoyed, like when a hair falls on your face and you have to brush or blow it away because it tickles a bit.

cs-kiddie pleasing features? icon_rolleyes.gif

No clue why you think it’s a kiddies PLEASING feature (grumpy). For me it adds more realism. Important aspect in OFP.

Quote[/b] ]For me it adds more realism. Important aspect in OFP.

For me it´s just a feature that is not worth the name. It´s simply rubbish. I really can´t find a nowadays scenario that would be in the need of an animated suicide option. If you want to simulate suicide bombers, you can script them pretty easy. Suicide as a military modus operandi is so 40´s...

I´d still like to know which military games with a decent approach to reality feature a suicide option. RTCW and SOF are not really on my list here.

I am 200 percent sure BIS will never consider an animated suicide sequence as an addition to their games. It´s like the wishes for ripped off limbs and pumping blood from killed bodies or even shaking bodies of untis that just got killed. It is wishful thinking that such will be implemented in an OFP successor, a wish btw that the majority of the community does not want and would not support.

There is no need for a suicide feature. Go seek help.

Maybe you should organize some medics and a supply line if you are worried about running out of ammo in multiplayer.

If you were 1% right then they wouldn’t include such option in hundreds of games.

For a tactical sim I think such option is really important and should be implemented in the game.

Sure,completly,I have read about hundred of combat situations were suicide (not a sucidal attack ,note the difference) decided on the tactical outcome.Suicide as a tactical option.Good Riddance.

The only purpose it serves is TO PLEASE the Shooter-players,who want to play virtual soldier(that includes suicide and bollocks like smoking and the likes)

"Oh,this is ze cool,let's do it again".

Please if you use the term "tactical sim" use it if you describe something that has to do with actual combat tactics.

Guest Ti0n3r

I want Stalker in ArmA. And I will create that myself. You should create your suicide script & animation yourself too, if you really want it.

If we a suicide option wouldn't we need a take-a-piss option too? And a take-off-your-boots option? We need to support realism here! Lotsa soldiers take off their boots after a long patrol! It's realistic! Lets hope BIS use all their time inplenting these really cool and realistic options instead of boring stuff like more scripting commands!

Anyone that didn't see I was sarcastic ought to get shot.

Quote[/b] ]There is no need for a suicide feature. Go seek help.

I think YOU should! wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]For me it´s just a feature that is not worth the name. It´s simply rubbish. I really can´t find a nowadays scenario that would be in the need of an animated suicide option. If you want to simulate suicide bombers, you can script them pretty easy. Suicide as a military modus operandi is so 40´s...

I´d still like to know which military games with a decent approach to reality feature a suicide option. RTCW and SOF are not really on my list here.

I didn’t ask for animated suicide bombings I asked for kill command when the player types it DIES similes to the one you find in other games.

If we called THOSE a majority I think we no longer need such option anymore! biggrin_o.gif