Sign in to follow this  
djura

Comparsion between Arma and VBS

I have seen VBS trailers few minutes ago and I want to know, if some improvements (building demolitions, walking in cargo space in trucks, planes and boats, animals...) will be in ArmA (or Game2 at least).

Thx. DJura.

HEAVEN firefoxlover.gif

Destroyable buildings are in game 2, so is walking around in vehicles. Read this interview:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9748

Will these be in ArmA? Who knows, with the things they keep adding, a destroyable bridge is definatly in ArmA, look at this .avi:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9681

Animals and wild life is 100% confrimed by BIS and they keep on talking about it in every interview so it would be odd if it wasn't in, so count wild life being in.

if You read well latest 3 or 4 interviews You find out that ArmAs seems to contain advanced destruction system for buildings already (sure not so great like Game2 but definitely way better than OFP/OFPR/OFPE) ...

considering VBS got one i see no issue with that

since i saw the bridge colapse (if bridge why nothing else right? smile_o.gif i wait just for hint that ODE is already used in ArmAs smile_o.gif

I have seen VBS trailers few minutes ago and I want to know, if some improvements (building demolitions, walking in cargo space in trucks, planes and boats, animals...) will be in ArmA (or Game2 at least).

We have already seen the bridge colapsing and two M134's on the blackhawks in ARMA thumbs-up.gif .

Lets just say that those movies just show wip work that never got out and problably never will whistle.gif ...

Guest Ti0n3r

I think that it would make sense to include all of these featurers. ArmA is a new game, so it should feel like that too. xmas_o.gif

I think that it would make sense to include all of these featurers. ArmA is a new game, so it should feel like that too. xmas_o.gif

Let us also keep in mind that the game will be new and the engine while much improved is not a whole new one.

Lets see what features BIS can throw in but keeping in mind that somethings might just not be possible wink_o.gif .

Lets see what features BIS can throw in but keeping in mind that somethings might just not be possible wink_o.gif .

Or those same features might just take too long to implement and debug. We all want to see Arma released this year right?

considering VBS got one i see no issue with that

I don't knpw how many times it has to be said, but the destructable building "module"/patch for VBS1 still hasnt been released, so NO, VBS1 does not have destructable buildings...

ye confused_o.gif I as a vbs owner am very dissapointed I couldnt buy that module, damn "military only" rules tounge2.gif

ye confused_o.gif I as a vbs owner am very dissapointed I couldnt buy that module, damn "military only" rules tounge2.gif

As far as I know that module hasnt even been released to the military. If I recall correctly its still in "development"...

wow wow_o.gif after all this time?, crazy_o.gif thats a very long time developing lol

I think BIS might include a limited amount of realisticaly destroyable buildings like bridges and gas stations (like OPF:E) but if you guys expect to see a entire city colapse into pieces you might be setting up for disapointment whistle.gif .

What would be real nice would be the ability to shoot some doors and windows open or perhaps some weak wall sections, places we could shoot from pistols.gif .

But i always keep a low expectation level towards these small features because we all know BIS spend their efforts and hw resources with other important and unique features of the engine.

Arma will be bigger and more detailed and many things will be improved upon flashpoint, they cant achieve all that relying on optimisation only, Arma is not game2...

ye  confused_o.gif  I as a vbs owner am very dissapointed I couldnt buy that module, damn "military only" rules  tounge2.gif

As far as I know that module hasnt even been released to the military. If I recall correctly its still in "development"...

Personally I think its very unlikely it will ever be released... VBS2 will be out in the next year or two probly, and that will have destructable buildings and such...

Thats the same reason I think its unlikely in ArmA. Game2 will also be out in a year or two and will contain all these features... so it seems kinda pointless to spend a lot of time developing such things for ArmA when they are already done for a more advanced game.

We do know that there will be some form of limited destroyable structures in ArmA, but highly unlikely anything near what they are doing for Game2. As for walking aroundi n vehicles... very unlikely as well. As the VBS tech demo video showed it IS possible with the OFP engine... but just not something I would expect in ArmA.

ArmA contains what ArmA contains, comparing it with VBS is pointless, ArmA is a game, VBS is a military training simulator.