Sign in to follow this  
Shins

PCFormat feature full shots

no they arent renders

vbs2 is game2 technology

and as game 2 uses streaming to calculate objects

vbs2 will use that aswell

crysis will sure look fancier than vbs2 cuz it uses some pretty pimp SFX normal maps, subsurface scattering and all the other bunch.

vbs2 is a military app. it doesnt need that

the army wants performance

To be honest, it doesn't look much better, or for that matter, different from Armed Assault.

Crysis looks better and that's comming out much earlier.

How has the feature set of the engine changed?

Who knows?

Besides, can you remember the first shots of ArmA? Looked like a direct port from OFP with a bit better lighting.

Who knows?

Besides, can you remember the first shots of ArmA? Looked like a direct port from OFP with a bit better lighting.

Exactlly... all the Game2 shots out so far are from very early development. In fact, there from E3 2005, which makes them almost 2 years old. Alot can happen in 2 years, and the game still has at least another year development left.

To be honest, it doesn't look much better, or for that matter, different from Armed Assault.

Crysis looks better and that's comming out much earlier.

How has the feature set of the engine changed?

Apparantly you didnt notice that they trew alot of stuff from that early Game2 build into ArmA? wink_o.gif

and keeping on-topic, this months PC format (UK) has a half page preview page on the uk release of ArmA. Nothing that anyone has not seen before, but worth a quick read if you're in the newsagents and fancy a browse.

and keeping on-topic, this months PC format (UK) has a half page preview page on the uk release of ArmA. Nothing that anyone has not seen before, but worth a quick read if you're in the newsagents and fancy a browse.

Mind scanning it for those of us not in the UK? Will make a nice read I guess.

Unfortunatly, not as I just read it in the shop. However, thats not to say that someone else on this forum may have an issue to hand...

(though some people have had grief from the publications for scanning current editions of some magazines)

(though some people have had grief from the publications for scanning current editions of some magazines)

They probably wouldn't notice it if it was only linked to deep within a forum. whistle.gif

So, anyone else able to scan it?

I would like see new screenshots from GAME 2 inlove.gif

Last year I seen nothing, so I hope in 2007, that it will be more productive tounge2.gif - maybe on E3 or other exposition whistle.gif

I would like see new screenshots from GAME 2 inlove.gif

Last year I seen nothing, so I hope in 2007, that it will be more productive tounge2.gif - maybe on E3 or other exposition whistle.gif

I would like see to new screenshots. On E3 it will be perfect. I hope that BIS can say us more about Game 2 when ArmA is release in USA. I thing that BIS is still working on Game 2. I would like see new physics system, I hope it be better that physics in Crysis.

Screenshots look awesome! I also had a rant on their ArmA review ... seems they got a brunt of negative ArmA players on there, so I set it even smile_o.gif