Sign in to follow this  
x al

iFEEL support & 3D ironsights

I agree...

They need, as much as i regret saying, ironsights like BF2... Iron sights that move when you move, not 2d static ones, and optics that move, the scopes have scratches, dirt etc, which makes it more realisitic.. wink_o.gif

i agree with no 2d sights...but i seem to like the COD2 ironsights better compared to the BF2 sights...

Funny no one mentioned it yet:

with 2d sites you can't use 3d glasses. Well, you can, but you will really have trouble hitting anything which is not right in front of you. And anyone who has played ofp with 3d glasses knows just how stunning it looks. Having a modern game not complete 3d would really be a big disappointment...

we're getting away from the original purpose of this topic.

namely iFeel.

i wish too that this would be implemented,as i do have an iFeel mouseman,and i just LOVE the recoil what it does in ofp.

so i hope it will be in ARMA.

welcome.gif

Nothing beats iFeel, a technology with a high "added value" factor for gameplay, especially FPS.

The "few" whistle.gif , who haven't tried it, well...what a pity for you.

There is absolutely no reason against iFeel technology, except for not being available anymore crazy_o.gif

Question: If an iFeel mouse would be available again, would you buy one (assuming that it won't be a price leader product)?

Ah I remember those old iFEEL mice. Quirky idea but would be really cool for recoil now that you mention it.

Yes, there are full loads of effects used in games such as:

OFP

UT2003/4

Jedi Outcast/Academy

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Probably the best effects were implemented in UT2003.

Different recoil effects where as the railgun had the best effect. Effect for reloading, for hits etc...etc

Either iFeel was marketed wrong or there were some negativ health effects feared, but hey...last assumption seems to be very far fetched. biggrin_o.gif

welcome.gif

Nothing beats iFeel, a technology with a high "added value" factor for gameplay, especially FPS.

The "few" whistle.gif , who haven't tried it, well...what a pity for you.

There is absolutely no reason against iFeel technology, except for not being available anymore crazy_o.gif

Question: If an iFeel mouse would be available again, would you buy one (assuming that it won't be a price leader product)?

I would buy only if company would provide constant support (driver updates, etc). Don't want to dish out money for something that won't work with new windows update.

Yes, driver support is actually a must....

but mainly for graphics card or sound cards.

I still own some iFeel mice from Logitech and after a few updates years ago, they still function without ANY problems. Trouble maker was never Windows, but the lack of support from games companies. The programmers had to implement the effects, but there is also I nice piece of software, called "touchware gaming", where you could either set effects for mouse buttons, or use a "sound" analyser, to use effects within any game.

Just remembered something about the sights.

If the sights are 3d...this wont be a problem, but if they are texture+shader it would be great if the "post" and "peep" are on different layers and distance so people that have any sort of 3d glasses wont have to stare at a "billboard" sight.

The sights in OPF are the only things destroying a really nice 3d experience....and i want AA to work in 3d so i can buy 3dVisor.

Just remembered something about the sights.

If the sights are 3d...this wont be a problem, but if they are texture+shader it would be great if the "post" and "peep" are on different layers and distance so people that have any sort of 3d glasses wont have to stare at a "billboard" sight.

The sights in OPF are the only things destroying a really nice 3d experience....and i want AA to work in 3d so i can buy 3dVisor.

No offense but...who cares? Maybe 1% of ArmA players will have 3D Glasses and I bet that BIS won't care enough to do this for you.

No offense but...who cares? Maybe 1% of ArmA players will have 3D Glasses and I bet that BIS won't care enough to do this for you.

Well Mr.Sunshine, dont care? DONT POST!! Like TIR it is part of evolution and immersion.

It is just a suggestion since alot of time has been put towards TIR, this change would not mean total overhaul and would probably mean more players trying them out.

You might like your 2d, but i prefer 3d if it is available.

Well Mr.Sunshine, dont care? DONT POST!! Like TIR it is part of evolution and immersion.

It is just a suggestion since alot of time has been put towards TIR, this change would not mean total overhaul and would probably mean more players trying them out.

You might like your 2d, but i prefer 3d if it is available.

I never said that I didn't care Mr Sunshine, I was merely pointing out the reality, and that is BIS probably won't accomodate 3D Sights.

If the sights were 3D, wouldn't they be aligned only on the image for the right eye? And you'd also only see scopes with the right eye.

I wonder how weird that would look, seeing trough the sights with the right eye and the side of the gun with the left but everything perfectly in focus.

HEY BI,

help.gif  welcome.gif

I recently played the demo of Call of Juarez. Except, that it is missing ironsight views, it is somehow very well done.

What seems to be REALLY new (at least for me):

They implemented a focusing "depth of view" mode around a small defined area around the cross hair. Zooming in would just be normal, you say, BUT...now it comes...the center of the cross hair is focusing and all around is getting blurred! Looks almost like real 3D on a 2D screen!

Example: If you stand in front of a wooden fence and you aim your crosshair on the planks, they get focussed and sharp whereas everything else gets blurry. If you watch between the planks, they become blurry and the focussed distance gets sharp.

Hard to describe, you need to see it. THAT FEATURE IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IN COMBINATION WITH REAL 3D IRONSIGHTS. IT SIMULATES EXACTLY THE FOCUSSING TECHNIQUES OF HUMAN EYES, PERFECT!

All other stuff, 2D paralax ironsights (a la R6 lockdown)  or static 3D (a la red orchestra) ironsights will be OBSOLETE and look outdated to that sort of "virtual" 3D due to depth of view techniques!!!

That is the answer to all our ironsight question and wishes!

Use real 3D models with a depth of view technique a la Call of Juarez!

Mode 1: fire rifle from the hips...with crosshair...very unprecise, due to swaying and inaccurate aiming. Standard position

Mode 1: hold rifle in front of your face a la red orchestra. A good and fast alternative...walking and even running possible

Mode 2: hold rifle in front of your face and press depth of view focus for VERY accurate aiming...only slow walking possible

PLEASE BI...try it...see it...and start considering...ArmA or perhaps "Game 2" biggrin_o.gif

If the sights were 3D, wouldn't they be aligned only on the image for the right eye? And you'd also only see scopes with the right eye.

I wonder how weird that would look, seeing trough the sights with the right eye and the side of the gun with the left but everything perfectly in focus.

Well, I`ll answer it...

When you switch to the 3d iron sights view the sights are zoomed in a bit and on the left/right side of the screen, and the rest of the screen gets blurred a bit.

Now, the 3d sights would allow you to move your head with the alt key or with IR tracker, and while moving the blurr effect would disappear, and appear later when you focus back on the sights.

Imagine using the z-axis of the IR tracker for moving your head forward and zooming the 3d sights, the blurr effect with the zooming of sights moving your (real) head closer to the screen.

I would like to see iron sights similar to those in Red Orchestra. It would be possible for BIS to implement this, but I'm 99% sure it won't be there. sad_o.gif

Yes, the RO sights are awesome, and theres no zoom on ironsights either. We need this in flash!

Yeah but the zooming actually makes aiming a bit more realistic when shooting at targets that are far a way. On your avarage monitor, let's say a 17" or 19" viewed from a comfortable distance, you have a very large in-game field of view in relation to the small area of the display so everything appears way too small compared to real life.

when using an iron site ur not focused on the iron site itself but the target

Ehhh... what? huh.gif

I was trained to focus on the front sight and I'm quite sure that it is the common practice when firing aimed shots with iron sights. It might depend on the type (open sights or cicular hole) though.

Ehhh... what? huh.gif

I was trained to focus on the front sight and I'm quite sure that it is the common practice when firing aimed shots with iron sights. It might depend on the type (open sights or cicular hole) though.

I think most people find their own method, I was never specifically trained to focus on the foresight, but I guess it was implied. I think most people will get a rough lineup on the target, then focus on the foresight to get it where you want in relation to the hindsight, then refocus back onto the target.

The zoom seen while in ironsight is necessary because there is a psychological effect where what you are concentrating on is effectively zoomed in your mind, so that fighter pilots see planes in a lot of detail but are confused when in simulators they're only represented by a few pixels. Sometimes simulator planes are enlarged for this reason.

Ehhh... what? huh.gif

In open sights I always focus on the target, not the ironsight itself.

Well, its more important to line up the front and rear sight then it is to line up the front sight and the target. It could mean the bullet is off by just a few inches or a couple of feet. My rifle coach, who is also a physics teacher, showed me how sight alignment is critical in shooting by using math. He used a pistol for an example at 50 feet. 6 inches long and if the sights were off 1/4 an inch the bullet would go 4 or so inches from the center rather than a couple centimeters if the front sights and the target were off.

Anyway focusing on the front sight is the great medium of the three focus points. You want to have the front sight be sharp and clear with the rear sight and target blurred. And the front sight doesn't matter if its a post or aperature(circular hole). I was shooting with small bore and high power and both were told to focus on the front sight.

Ehhh... what? huh.gif

I didn't focus on frontsights too, well in riflerange sometimes, i was guite windy shooter, sometimes good and sometimes not so good. But we were instructed to do so, focusing on frontsight. But not to saw our focus back and forth between target and frontsigh. Eyes can't focus in anything soon as they get tired, or atleast i noticed that.

And from this on i write my own thoughts of subject, correct me if you think there is need to.

focusing on target has it's own bonuses. You can spot the target better. Main idea in shooting of moving camocolor target is to keep track of target. Targets in riflerange are white, and they are in one place...

Rear Sights has also effect. And more importantly type of front sight (pointy or pole). Pointy don't blur so much as pole, i did spot hardly any differences between focusing on frontsights or target, as i was testing this thing. I shoot much better with pointy, as i tend to focus automaticaly on target.

I prefer open sights AK way so that opensight are quite forward. They blur much less than close to eye.

ps. there is one strenght in opensights too. They are much better in dark conditions, hole sights darken whole sight picture. If you spot target, it might as well be that you can't find it through sights.

3D Iron Sights Confirmed.

as we can see it will be like this or even better..

http://www.gamesfire.at/uploads/gallery/78/pic-524.jpg

Now.. will we be able to move our head (eyes) while we are in that view?

I mean, will we be able to look right/left/bottom/top without moving all body while we have the V option on?

As if we "lock" a target in front of us and we could rotate our head in diferent directions while in that position view?

would be fun nice and real.