Sign in to follow this  
wipman

wipman's M4's v0.9

AfrographX

The-Architect

tankieboy

Comments as those you posted I would deem flamebaiting. If you have nothing constructive to offer please refrain from posting.

Wohoo!! Wipman bem-vindo de volta!

Looking forward to see/use these new weapons thumbs-up.gif

For me they are the best M4 pack nener.gif

Cya

PS: I also don't think JAM compability is needed confused_o.gif

Why do people flame, I mean, just DO NOT download them and ignore this topic if you aren't interestet mad_o.gif

I think we addonmakers can learn from each other, even if we are making the 666th version of an M4 wink_o.gif

looking forward to yours wipman smile_o.gif

I must say im impressed with tankies noob speak. thumbs-up.gif

Maybe you can translate some of the crap posted in the FFUR thread? biggrin_o.gif

Maybe you can translate some of the crap posted in the FFUR thread? biggrin_o.gif

HERE biggrin_o.gif

Soz Wips, just joke'in mate.

HERE biggrin_o.gif

Soz Wips, just joke'in mate.

Let's cu

Hi, thanks for the moral support, SGT Eversman; i may be able of release the v0.9 this saturday, but i fear that it finnally gonna be without those 2 coop missions that i remade to play 'em with the Suchey's RNI and weapons, BLB/UKF units and weapons, and the OFrP Mod too. Both made and tested over the ECP 1.085.

This where the coops:

BLB/UKF/RNI Find The Chopper:

[ig]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/blb_ecp_find_the_chopper.jpg[/img]>100kb

BLB/RNI/OFrP Hard Times:

[ig]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/BLB_OFrP_ECP_Hard_Times.jpg[/img]>100kb

Let's C ya

Quote[/b] ]they're not JAM3 compatible; if some one wants to help me with the config...i'll be glad.

If you send me just the config.cpp I'll sort it for you. Check your PM mate wink_o.gif

Cheers,

CH

wipman please don't hotlink images greater than 100kb.

Hi Wipman,

Adding JAM compatibility is dead simple, and will only take 20 minutes. It would be a shame not to add compatibility, as JAM was designed so that popular addons like the M4 could use each other's mags.

All you need to do is copy and paste the following lines into your config...

Quote[/b] ]

Add to "requiredAddons[]=" section:

,"JAM_Magazines"

Add to "magazines[]=" sections for the following weapons:

All variants of the basic M4:

,"JAM_W556_30mag","JAM_W556_30HDmag"

All variants of the M4 with M203:

,"JAM_W556_30mag" , "JAM_W556_30HDmag"

+ for their M203 muzzles:

,"JAM_M433Vest" , "JAM_M433Belt" , "JAM_M433grenade" , "JAM_M576buck" , "JAM_MarkerGrenades" , "JAM_MarkerRound" , "JAM_flareWhite" , "JAM_flareRed" , "JAM_flareGreen" , "JAM_flareYellow"

All variants of the M4 with Masterkey:

,"JAM_W556_30mag" , "JAM_W556_30HDmag"

+ for their Masterkey muzzles:

,"JAM_12Gauge_Shotgun_Mag"

All variants of the basic Suppressed M4:

,"JAM_W556_30SDmag" , "JAM_W556_30SDHDmag" , "JAM_W556_30SUBmag" , "JAM_W556_30SUBHDmag"

All variants of the Suppressed M4 with M203:

,"JAM_W556_30SDmag" , "JAM_W556_30SDHDmag" , "JAM_W556_30SUBmag" , "JAM_W556_30SUBHDmag"

+ for their M203 muzzles:

,"JAM_M433Vest" , "JAM_M433Belt" , "JAM_M433grenade" , "JAM_M576buck" , "JAM_MarkerGrenades" , "JAM_MarkerRound" , "JAM_flareWhite" , "JAM_flareRed" , "JAM_flareGreen" , "JAM_flareYellow"

All variants of the Suppressed M4 with Masterkey:

+ for their Masterkey muzzles:

,"JAM_12Gauge_Shotgun_Mag"

Boom! Your great M4s are now compatible with all the other M4s out there.  thumbs-up.gif

Cheers mate,

CH

Hi, i think that make a so big weapons pack JAM compatible is a bad idea, in this way you make the users of it, need to have another addon to use this one (the wip_m4a1.pbo) and i dislike that; many thanks for the help offers with the config. But i don't want our weapons deppending on anything else than themselves.

Sorry for the size of those pics Placebo, i don't checked out the size before link 'em; it will not happen again. Let's C ya

P.D:Maybe with luck, this weekend i could release the wip_m4's pack v0.9, but i'm not sure. Let's C ya

But i don't want our weapons deppending on anything else than themselves.

Understandable, but making the weapons compatible doesn't mean that the addon will require JAM 3, as they have their own mags, right? It just cuts down options for missions and therefore popularity if you don't. It works for Laser's weapons

Hi, i know that everybody has the JAM, even i; but i don't want that our weapons depend on other addon. And over all see a message of: missing addon xxx.pbo and having they'r own ammo... isn't a real need the use of JAM, i don't know the JAM3; but i don't liked the JAM Mag2 sounds. I preffer our sounds. So no wip_m4's JAM Mag compatible. Let's C ya

Hehehe. Wippy mate:

Quote[/b] ]isn't a real need the use of JAM

1. Say you are playing MP with another player who is using Laser's or Jackal's M4s, or PUKF SA80s. These can all use the same JAM magazine, just like real-life, so you could take magazines from them when you run out of ammo  wink_o.gif

2. Also, if you all use JAM mags for an MP session, you know that all M4s are shooting with the same accuracy, power etc - so no player has an unfair advantage.

Quote[/b] ]but i don't liked the JAM Mag2 sounds

JAM3 has 100% new sounds. And 3 alternative soundpacks. The default soundpack uses edited Inquisitor sound for the basic M4, and edited JockoFlocko (MARPAT) sound for the suppressed M4s.  thumbs-up.gif

More info here.

Cheers,

CH

Plus, you can mix and match to make your own sound-pack. Trust me, I was hesitant about making my weapons pack JAM compatible (mainly because of all the config editing involved), but once I did it, everyone stopped bitching, so in the end it was worth it.

Hi, yes Jackal, but you know me... bitching it's not a problem; it's just that i think that why use 3000 different weapons models when you only gonna fight 1 side vs another?; 3 as much, the resistance or the SFP 4.1.2 or the OFrP Mod. How many weapon models we've now?, Suchey USMC or some one better, FK USMC (Thanks God) MH53's, LAV's & HMMV's; RNI Earl weapons, PSC BTR-T's, LAVOS MT-LB's... some chopper... and then script all that.

How many models at once can the memory stand?. That's what worryes me more than if i need ammo i gonna have it or not. Bah, let's C ya

Fair enough mate,  

Just one final thought from me:

Quote[/b] ]those 2 coop missions that i remade to play 'em with the Suchey's RNI and weapons, BLB/UKF units and weapons, and the OFrP Mod too

Hehehe, JAM is a required addon for Blackbloods & UKF units, so your 2 missions only load because you have JAM installed. wink_o.gif

Other very popular addons that require JAM include:

Laser's Delta/Rangers

All BAS units including Tonal OpFor

Combat! Addons

SafetyCatch's Marines

DMA Toyota Wars

Hyk's US infantry

King Homer/Inq/T_D's M1A2 SEP

Polish GROM by Offtime

Battle Over Hokkaido mod

JJR's Middle East Resistance

DMA European Resistance

Bushfires Lybian Infantry

FIA and Desert FIA by SerialKiller

Many more...

So, many of the units that will carry your weapons in missions will require JAM anyway: whether you add compatibility or not, the memory usage will be the same.

Of course, they're your weapons after all and your decision should be respected. Looking forward to seeing them thumbs-up.gif

Cheers mate,

CH

He doesn't want it so he doesn't want it.

It wouldn't be the first time someone else took and existing addon to change it a bit.

So if anyone feels like a config pro then he can take and add JAM compatibility to it after release.

Big deal. thumbs-up.gif

Hi, one thing that i don't know if it's possible but that for me it's much more pointless than make our weapons JAM Mag compatible, will be make a separate as .pbo config; that makes 'em JAM Mag compatible and that makes that those new wip_m4m68 become into wip_m4m68jam. Into the config classes.

And then make 'em a new separate weapons ammount that should be used by the mission makers by: "removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "wip_m4jammag", this addweapon "wip_m4a1djam";" but as i've said... i don't think that it'll have any point, sounds worst than make 'em JAM Mag compatible. Let's C ya

Hi wipman,

Quote[/b] ]make a separate as .pbo config; that makes 'em JAM Mag compatible and that makes that those new wip_m4m68 become into wip_m4m68jam.

No problem. This is what Earl & Suchey did for their weapons. All you would do is do a separate pbo, containing only the JAMed config.

This config would look like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches

{

class wip_JAM_m4a1

{

weapons[] = {"wip_JAM_m4m68",...etc all the weapons you want to convert};

units[]={};

requiredAddons[] = {wip_m4a1, JAM_Magazines, BIS_Resistance};

requiredVersion = 1.96;

};

};

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgWeapons

{

class default

{

};

class Riffle:default

{

};

class M4:Riffle

{

};

class wip_m4m68:M4 //repeat from here for all your M4 variants

{

};

class wip_JAM_m4m68:wip_m4m68

{

magazines[]={"JAM_W68_30SAmag","JAM_W68_30SAHDmag"};

};

// etc.

};

...to be honest, it's easier to just add the relevant JAM mags to your existing pbo, as I set out earlier. Unless, for some reason, you want each weapon to fire WIP or JAM mags, but not WIP and JAM mags.

Cheers,

CH

Hi, some day of this ones we'll add a separated config as .pbo with our weapons that will contain a JAM Mag3 version of our M4's, so the addon makers and mission makers can choose wich ones use, if they use multiple addon units. Let's C ya

Wippy, did you test that config I sent you yet? Seemed to work OK to me.

Just to make clear: The .cpp I sent you is an edited v0.9 config - not v0.8.

I only mentioned 0.8 because that was the wip_m4a1.pbo I used to test with the new wip_JAM_m4a1.pbo

...and in answer to your request: No, I'm not gonna redo the whole thing just to move "_JAM_" from the start tag to the end of each classname   icon_rolleyes.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Cheers mate,

CH