Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Operation Urup campaign final release

thanks for your hard work Mandoble thumbs-up.gif

Reporting a bug in first mission, Mandoble; the BMP was in the sea, floating some 50-100 meters from the shore.

Yes, it is, and will start aproaching as soon as any of your group members is detected by East.

EDIT:

I understand that may be situations where you kill all SW island defenders without being detected by East, so I changed the BMP advance criteria to West present instead of detected by east.

BMP will also run out of fuel to prevent it to run away into the water after reaching the island (v1.32). Thanks for the advice Karantan.

Operation Urup Campaign v1.32

Just a question. How am I supposed to destroy that BMP without AT? confused_o.gif I couldn't find any AT from that island.

You have three options:

1 - You are very lucky and some of the corpses of the first chopper (shot down) are over the ground (not inside the chopper). In this case you can get stachel charges from them.

2 - You have a lot of patience and want to destroy it with hand grenades.

3 - You speak with the civilians near the yellow house. The man will drive the truck near the BMP and then will ignite its depot and try to run away before the explosions. Sadly, the man sometimes get stuck between the truck and the bmp, in these cases he will die, but the BMP will explode.

BTW, I found some situations where the BMP, after deploying the spetznatz and firing some rounds run away again into the water. So, once deployed, the BMP will run out of fuel to stay as an static target.

This change is available in Operation Urup Campaign 1.32

EDIT: if you want to try with handgrenades, you will need 8-10 hits to destroy the BMP, but with 6-7 hits the crew will be dead (that is what counts for the objetive).

Forest

In the house (dead girl) :

'2 |#|_fadeMusic 0': Error Operator unknown _fadeMusic

Brothers

Sometimes triggers don't work very well or bads Wpts

For information i play with TerrainGrid very low.

Hi EricFr,

fademusic problem solved, thanks. This and much more will be available in the next beta of "The Forest" mission.

EDITED:

My mistake, I posted a wrong version of "The Brothers" beta mission. Now it is fixed: OUC 2.0 beta missions

Hi Mandoble,

First, nice work! Thank you for an enjoyable, different campaign!

Had some of the errors (1.2 here) and would really like to try out

However, Filefront is down (only some user containers; M-S)

and I cant get the new version. Any other mirror yet?

Could not find the new version anywhere else since yesterday.

Thank you again. smile_o.gif

Hi Troop.

Sadly you are right, FileFront servers are messed up again. And OUC 1.32 is not hosted anywhere else. If you want, send me a PM with your email and I'll send you the Zip file (it is 2.8MB).

You could upload it to www.yousendit.com ? smile_o.gif

I signed up there, but the activation link sent to my email does not activate anything crazy_o.gif

Now I'm trying to get a web space without upload limit per file, hopefuly it will be ready in a week or so, just in time for next OUC 2.0 update biggrin_o.gif

I could'nt download from Filefront. I dont know why sad_o.gif

I want make a news about OUC V1.32, but wthout File....

News of "The Forest" is out wink_o.gif

I try agin and you have a new Mirror on OFP.4players.de

Imutep

FileFront servers are finally working, so Operation Urup Campaign v1.32 is again available to download smile_o.gif

Hi Mandoble,

great work, i really like this campaign! There seems to be a bug in mission "Yazov" ?

When OGRE and Yazov take off with the (now repaired) UH60, they are always too low and crash in the next house.

I repeated it several times but they always crash. For fun, i blew the house up with some satchels, but

doesn't help, it's still too high. Am i the only one who stucks at that point ? Please help ! smile_o.gif

regards,

gambla

-OFP GOTY Edition v1.96

-Veteran-mode

-no other addons

Well, this is the first time I hear of a problem like that. I assume you are playing OUC v1.32. The pilot raises the helicopter to 100m and moves well N from the houses and the castle.

May be it is an issue related to CPU available to resolve correctly the best path from taking off point to next waypoint (while it is very close, just NW of the castle tower). Being that the case, try to reduce detail level and view distance to minimum and check whether the pilot is able to resolve the path better, if not, try to opposite, increase even more the detail and view distance. If all the above fails and you are playing v1.32, I'll post a new version of the campaign with the first WP just N of the small island.

EDIT: To be sure, I just finished the mission again (love it wink_o.gif ). The helicopter took off and went directly NW of the small island, flying with the castle well to the left and far away from any house.

Yes,

i play v1.32. But in my case, Yazov enters the UH-60 and OGRE takes off, but he immediately heads West (and too low), the castle to his right side. I will try it with your suggestions again! Thanks