Sign in to follow this  
deanosbeano

will you play co op or ctf etc

recently i noticed that alot of people have come back to operation flashpoint,a lot of them are from the ctf generation,although the majority of people still playing are co op vetreans, so i wondered ,why are people coming back to ofp now that arma is iminent,is it because they are looking forward to more intelligent co ops or because they are fed up with small ctf maps in bf2 or cod2 and want to get there eye back in with ofp controls.

Co-Op is foremost my first love, but at times need a balance of 'quick fix' CTF, and 'dig in and fight dirty' CTI. (60+ players AND AI in ArmA? notworthy.gif )

ctf with a littlle bit of dm for Reflexes

coops are good but i will be mostly useing this game for

clan matches so ctf biggrin_o.gif

Im looking forward to everything but CTI and small corridor DM/CTF, i like boring huge CTF's where we cant find anything or anyone and always coop wink_o.gif .

Come back to OFP? Hell, i've never left in the first place! wink_o.gif Of, course, i don't play it all the time, but when i play it (and it is often), i play coop. Unfortunately, played it in LAN only, due to tragic circumstances of not having internet connection (in this day and age, can you believe it! ) Hope that ArmA will have everything that OFP has to offer, and than some! I like Swat4 too for the same reason i like OFP: great slow-paced coop (allthough its totaly different gameplay).

Assuming it will have pretty much the same type of game play as OFP, I will be playing all types of maps.  This versatility is one of the things that helps make OFP so great.  When I started playing multiplayer, I was mainly interested in coop and I will always enjoy playing coop.  For player vs. player, A&D and C&H are my first choices.  I also like playing a death match with friendly players as it can be great fun.  I hope the Anderson death match mission in its various forms gets ported to Armed Assault.  CTF is the least interesting to me but I will still play some of that as well.

CTI should be interesting in Armed Assault as well, and it would be great if it came with the game in some form “out of the boxâ€.  I also enjoy race type of scenarios with OFP since the ability to go wherever you want to on the map is a big plus unlike games like Need For Speed that are usually quite limited with regard to where you can go.

The first and last time I played ofp was before a few years from now for couple of hours didn’t like it in MP, I Was used to rtcw sof2 kind of play type. biggrin_o.gif

As for ARMA I think ill try all the listed above. thumbs-up.gif

most top level players use dm training sessions {eg tequilla}

and the ctf are only infantry very little in the way of tanks and choppers for clan games .

so ofp old school ctf nice

{stonned as allways} goodnight.gif

Co-op and single player. The problem with CTF etc is that human players always know you are coming, you never have the element of suprise. The games never last long enough either for any realistic battlefield behaviour to develop either.

"Completed single player missions will be available in coop mode, in which you'll be able to try out the different roles over and over."

- That’s the piece in the translated article that grabs my attention the most!  tounge2.gif

I don`t know why u guys love so much co-op and single player. What`s so exciting in playing against stupid Artificial Intelligence? Isn`t it better to play against good human beings opponents, which can think, plan, act.

The best mode would be something like:

2 teams - 32 vs 32 players or even more (60vs60 smile_o.gif ) and everyone controls 1 unit, 1 action (one player is shoter in vehicle, other is driver) + cti mode (money for capturing flags/towns) but without possibility to buy AI. Only human beings vs human beings.

1 comment GBee this is a milatry combat simulation {hmmm}

the game is too

figure out how to kill the human player ur faceing

if u hear em comin shoot em

strategy with your team mates is a good idea

If the games lasted days and human behaviour in the games was realistic, yes I'd prefer humans over AI.

However humans rarely play like they actually behave in real life.

- They take stupid risks knowing that they will be alive again to play the next game.

- They are always aware that you are out there, they never let down their guard etc

- You won't play CTF and find a group of human enemies patrolling in the open, having a smoke or talking about the football. They will run everywhere instead of walking and won't ever stop for a rest!

- Human players don't show the same discipline as in a real army. They will ignore orders (even good ones).

- They are more likely to play as a group of individuals than a coordinated team.

I like OFP for the realism and the strategy. The AI aren't perfect and no they don't do some of the things I've mentioned, but in the majority of cases they are more real than humans.

i agree with all off that. But a good clan dosent stutter

and run around unorganised players no there positions

and understand how to defeat the enemy in a tactical battle

belive biggrin_o.gifhttp://northwestern.t83.net/

I don`t know why u guys love so much co-op and single player. What`s so exciting in playing against stupid Artificial Intelligence? Isn`t it better to play against good human beings opponents, which can think, plan, act.

If it was a perfect world and the other human players were really good human beings opponents I would agree! But from my experience this is generally not the case and there is always one childish idiot doing stupid things. Sure it is fun but I like to play proper missions as in a real war. CTF etc. are fun and I've enjoyed many, but this doesn't happen in RL. To me it is just a bit too arcade and I like this sort of game to be a proper sim.

Also don't play down the AI, it will be a lot better than OFP that is for sure!  tounge2.gif

Everyone has their preferences, that was the purpose of this thread.

EDIT: LOL...GBee was first!  biggrin_o.gif

5. are you looking forward to arma for everything but ctf

True, true.

I'm an old-fashioned co-oper but I don't say no to the occasional CTI.

The best mode would be something like:

2 teams - 32 vs 32 players or even more (60vs60 smile_o.gif ) and everyone controls 1 unit, 1 action (one player is shoter in vehicle, other is driver) + cti mode (money for capturing flags/towns) but without possibility to buy AI. Only human beings vs human beings.

That's called WWII Online. tounge2.gif

EDIT: Ah crap, sorry about the double-post. sad_o.gif

I will play ArmA in any way that does not involve respawning.