Sign in to follow this  
Drew77

Any Good Zombie Mods out

Hay I was wondering if there are any good zombie mods out that are ez to use and all that good stuff.Let me know thanks.

Sadly, right now the only released zombies are Scott_ts and Zombie1s, however, there are more in the pipeline wink_o.gif

you got a link to there website or downloads??

the very best zombis are Alex Cannabis' Horror Deadmen Pack , they are awesome , you can find them here

OFP.info

inlove.gif

Yea I have this one but what are some scripts to make them attackt people.Let me know I really want tthem to work, Thanks

We are planning to release a small "patch" (it won't overwrite the origanal) to give them the zombie scripts wink_o.gif

We are planning to release a small "patch" (it won't overwrite the origanal) to give them the zombie scripts wink_o.gif

Oh, is that so? Thanks for asking me if you can use them Dave!!!

Just because I don't work on the zombie mod any more doesn't mean I agree to having scripts I spent hours on used in other people's projects mad_o.gif

Those animations look very familiar, too.... whistle.gif

what about that mod with the volcano with zombies, it was some TMC top 10 2004 BIS mission competition or something smile_o.gif

Yes thank you Zombie_Mod member I still use your mod and it is still the best one ever made. Thanks again i use your mod all the time all credit to you and I hope you will work on a zombie mod for AA cant wait thanks again. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Yes thank you Zombie_Mod member I still use your mod and it is still the best one ever made. Thanks again i use your mod all the time all credit to you and I hope you will work on a zombie mod for AA cant wait thanks again. biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I am actually considering returning to the zombie mod and creating some new zombies; I have a whole batch of textures I want to use, but I think I'll need to do it when on holiday as I'm really busy with work right now.

Unless of course Mig wants to do the models and I'll do some textures - I'm not changing any model specific stuff like hit points, that took AGES last time smile_o.gif

I have some textures and ideas that I think would knock your socks off...

what about that mod with the volcano with zombies, it was some TMC top 10 2004 BIS mission competition or something smile_o.gif

where could i get that mission? smile_o.gif

If anyone releases new zombies, would it be possible to make it so that the zombies didn't automatically know where the player was at all times? Much like General Barron's vampire addon. They don't attack the player until they become aware of him. I'm assuming that it used knowsabout in the scripting. This is the one thing that kept me from investing a lot of time in making a freeform zombie mission.

Also, a strong point of General Barron's pack is the use of swipe and hit sounds to let the player know that they are being attacked. Another idea, how about variable zombie attack effects. For example, using a random number, the effect on the target could be:

- Killed: The zombe sinks it's teeth into the throat of the target resulting in instant death

- Mauled: The target is hurt, but not killed by the attack, random damage

- Mauled and infected: The target is hurt and health drops steadily until death and resurrection.

- Pinned: No damage, but the undead fiend immobilises the victim for precious seconds, allowing another attack and possibly the attacks of other zombies in the area.

If anyone releases new zombies, would it be possible to make it so that the zombies didn't automatically know where the player was at all times? Much like General Barron's vampire addon. They don't attack the player until they become aware of him. I'm assuming that it used knowsabout in the scripting. This is the one thing that kept me from investing a lot of time in making a freeform zombie mission.

Also, a strong point of General Barron's pack is the use of swipe and hit sounds to let the player know that they are being attacked. Another idea, how about variable zombie attack effects. For example, using a random number, the effect on the target could be:

- Killed: The zombe sinks it's teeth into the throat of the target resulting in instant death

- Mauled: The target is hurt, but not killed by the attack, random damage

- Mauled and infected: The target is hurt and health drops steadily until death and resurrection.

- Pinned: No damage, but the undead fiend immobilises the victim for precious seconds, allowing another attack and possibly the attacks of other zombies in the area.

Yeah I thought about doing it so the zombies didn't know where you are, but rather "smelled" the scent of the targets (ie: every 5 seconds or so, a new "smell" would be created at the targets position, and the zombies would move to the position of the most recent smell until knowsabout target > a certain threshold) but back in the day, CPU power wasn't up to it.

Now though, I think a 3Ghz CPU could easily handle the job. I just can't be arsed doing it. I've forgotten most of the scripting and I hate o2, for the record  biggrin_o.gif

As for the other things you mention - they already exist.

The people who have been bitten are in the gblBitList array (I think - check my readme.txt). Once they die they resurrect.

If you want to make it so that the bit people lose health, then create a script that loops through gblBitList every X amount of seconds, and subtract from their health until they die. Piece of cake.

There is also an event handler (again see docs) that is called whenever someone is bit. You could make it so the target freezes.

Just because I don't work on the zombie mod any more doesn't mean I agree to having scripts I spent hours on used in other people's projects mad_o.gif

Those animations look very familiar, too.... whistle.gif

Eeep!

I assumed MiG asked your permission to modify the scripts when he started farmland crazy_o.gif

Just because I don't work on the zombie mod any more doesn't mean I agree to having scripts I spent hours on used in other people's projects  mad_o.gif

Those animations look very familiar, too....  whistle.gif

Eeep!

I assumed MiG asked your permission to modify the scripts when he started farmland  crazy_o.gif

Dave,

are these new zombies going to be part of farmland?

If they are - then you may use my scripts as Mig and I are mates. I wouldn't do him a bad turn smile_o.gif

If these zombies are not for Farmland, it's still OK - you can use the scripts in the zombies but I request that my name (Scott Tunstall) is mentioned in the readme.txt of the zombies .

Cheers,

Scott

These zombie mods are great, but we need more. Is there a way to make slower zombies? I know you young uns' like your fast, running zombies, but some of us dinosaurs grew up on Romero's slow, lumbering type zeds.

These zombie mods are great, but we need more.  Is there a way to make slower zombies?  I know you young uns' like your fast, running zombies, but some of us dinosaurs grew up on Romero's slow, lumbering type zeds.

You'd be surprised of how old some of these guys are...

CS...yep...that's a different community...

is there any walking animations for the zombies, like the ones that were released in a video a couple of months ago? whistle.gif

Yeah, although I can't remeber where they're available (I think they're part of unified zombie mod 3), Cervantes added them to the zombies using the switchmove command in the scripts

Hey i tried to download the zombie pack from the website but someones taken it over and put a chessy search engine on the download link. Just to let the site owners know. also haveing trouble downloading the zombie bus add on