Sign in to follow this  

Does God exsist?

....not in my mind, but if he/they exist in other peoples minds, then they do exist (in their minds).

GOD......Im tired!"

I wish god would rectify my post count to refelct its true number since I joined the ofp community... which is somewhere in the area of 4500

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 21 2002,02:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wish god would rectify my post count to refelct its true number since I joined the ofp community... which is somewhere in the area of 4500<span id='postcolor'>

Well, God knows.....about your posts. You are likely to be accepted in Heaven!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 20 2002,12:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does God exsist? Yes and if you disagree he'll remove your post count wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If I do believe in Dog, will I get more post counts?

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Jan. 21 2002,02:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does God exsist? Yes and if you disagree he'll remove your post count wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If I do believe in Dog, will I get more post counts?

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

You most certainly will. But it's not the ticket to heaven though. To recieve a free pass you must.......hm.....stop watching those stupid Nascar races.

tounge.gif

Putting on the spectacles of science in expectation of finding the answer to all things signifies inner blindness.

Most mathematicians believe in God and most of the worlds greatest minds believe in God. It is easy to say that science can prove all and we no longer need to believe. I know that the bible is a little far fetched at times and I wouldnt be suprised to find that it was made up.

However, no one can answer the question to creation, who knows what God is but there are things we just cant answer and the only way around them is to understand the mind of God himself.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Putting on the spectacles of science in expectation of finding the answer to all things signifies inner blindness.<span id='postcolor'>

True, but it makes a difference if you call the unexplained God or not.

It is possible to aknowledge that there are things we do not know, and cannot explain, without being religious.

That is to say, without believing in heaven and hell, destiny, miracles etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ Jan. 21 2002,03:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Putting on the spectacles of science in expectation of finding the answer to all things signifies inner blindness.

<span id='postcolor'>

You are right about that!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Most mathematicians believe in God and most of the worlds greatest minds believe in God.

<span id='postcolor'>

How would you possibly know - I certainly dont? I have studied at university for 8 years, and I still havent met a single person who told me they believe in God. Actually, I think you are wrong. I would rather say that it's a lot more common NOT to believe in God if you are studying (math or whatever). Furthermore, being bright is not a necessary criteria to believe in God. He's rather democratic that way (if he exists of course).

.........who knows what God is but there are things we just cant answer and the only way around them is to understand the mind of God himself.

<span id='postcolor'>

I believe you are right in this matter.

smile.gif

I think science is more than half way in explaining how we came to be. Evolution is the alternative to creation, evolution can be proved and has been proved.

The planet has been evolving for billions of years which means any sort of evolutionary process has had countless millenia to change, adabt and grow to its surroundings.

Life of about 25 genes has already been created in a lab now if they can do that in the matter of years what could be accomplished with the same processes over billions of years.

and indeed i think anyone who has studied maths, science etc would be more likely to swing towards evolution and not creation.

Asking does god exist is not a complete question but no doubt you mean Christ.....all I will say is if you believe that...I feel sorry for you....people who believe that are lower minded people....after all that's why they do believe it....it's a concept they can comprehend...their primitive minds can't even understand what an atom is.....lol poor bastards....you do your thing like a good little monkey but when it starts to affect my life I got an AK that can do the talkin........

i certainly cant say that people who beleive in God are lesser minded people, but perhaps have never studied science in any great depth, maybe because it doesnt appeal to them so therefore lack half the knowledge for such a debate. but in my opinion i go with what facts there is and which ever way provides more proof or plausable reasoning is the way i go.

I have yet to see any proof that God or Jesus Christ existed, one thing that maybe made me think a bit was the remains of what they think is the ARK on the side of a mountain,which raises a thoughts or two.

Yeah, but that just means that the bible had some root in history, but it doesnt proove that any god exist's. They also know the location of the arc of the covenant, its in africa, being gaurded by guys with ak47's. I think, since we all know what happens to people with ak47's, we should go steal the covenant, and see whats inside.

Sometimes religion is used as a substitute for knowledge.

I heard about a historical study about Jesus. It said he was not the son of God but he was a powerful guerilla chief who wanted to get rid of the Romans and then he was caught and crucified as an example for his followers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Jan. 21 2002,01:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I do believe in Dog, will I get more post counts?

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Only if you're David Berkowitz wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Jan. 21 2002,21:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sometimes religion is used as a substitute for knowledge.

I heard about a historical study about Jesus. It said he was not the son of God but he was a powerful guerilla chief who wanted to get rid of the Romans and then he was caught and crucified as an example for his followers.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep the romans will do that, they probably just caught the wrong guy and put him in the cave, and then they said "uh oh, we got the wrong guy, lets just crucify him this time"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think science is more than half way in explaining how we came to be. Evolution is the alternative to creation, evolution can be proved and has been proved.<span id='postcolor'>

Not true.

Evolution and creation are not mutually exclusive.

There are some who believe that evolution is just God's 'code' smile.gif ...he created the environment, and ran the .exe, and now his programming does the rest.

As a matter of fact, evolution cannot take place, is there's nothing to evolve.  So evolution depends on the initial spark of creation.

What does not compute is ?(evolution = true) && (God created [man, animals, plants] 10.000 years ago)

This is one thing evolution can teach us.

P.S:About the initial spark of creation, I personally don't believe it was the work of a god.

Yep it was aliens, we all know that. or a rock falling to earth creating a massive tidal wave that started a chain reaction to create an early form of the dna chemical which eventually became sofisticated that it could go onto be life, one or the other.

Most mathematicians believe in God and most of the worlds greatest minds believe in God.

Albet Einstien believed in God. Stephan Hawkings believes in God and about 65% of the worlds mathematiciens believe in God.

As for genetics, and evolution, there is no doubt in my mind that we can alter the genetic code and play at being God.

But as far as making matter in the first place, that is something that cannot be asnwered with todays technology and I doubt man will ever be able to create something out of nothing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ Jan. 21 2002,15:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Most mathematicians believe in God and most of the worlds greatest minds believe in God.

Albet Einstien believed in God. Stephan Hawkings believes in God and about 65% of the worlds mathematiciens believe in God.

As for genetics, and evolution, there is no doubt in my mind that we can alter the genetic code and play at being God.

But as far as making matter in the first place, that is something that cannot be asnwered with todays technology and I doubt man will ever be able to create something out of nothing.<span id='postcolor'>

If there was nothing how could have there been a god before the Universe happened. Surely the god would have to come from something?

Yeha but where the hell did god come from if nothing existed before god told it too. God could not exist if there was nothing there for god to exist from.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Thehamster @ Jan. 21 2002,11:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeha but where the hell did god come from if nothing existed before god told it too. God could not exist if there was nothing there for god to exist from.<span id='postcolor'>

It all comes down to the fact that "something" has to be the original "thing" that has always existed and is the supreme cause for everything, probably the cause of time itself, so the question "what was before it" or "what caused it" don't make sense. Two good candidates for this are God, and the Universe itself. Now our best sience tells us that the universe had a beginning (big bang etc.) so it seems to not be an eteral cause of everything. Something must have caused it. Sientific study of this universe cannot tell us about causes before the universe, so there could be causes totaly unknown and unknowable to us. Or you could say that the universe just popped into existance with no cause, which is illogical, or you have God. God seems to me to be the best choice, as it is not illogical, and it is something we can know something about. Clearly this is on proof, but it seems to be to take the smallest leap of faith, especially because our modern picture of the universe appearing out of nother in a big bang is just what you might expect from God creating the universe. (In fact many sientists were unconfortable with the big bang, or regected it for this very reason when it was first suggested)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 21 2002,12:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe that the Big Bang created God.<span id='postcolor'>

Then your "God" probably isn't worthy of the title "God" smile.gif