Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

Safetys Marine's V2.0

Good morning all, hahaha... the release of safetycatch marines v2.0 are here,

Click Here - Fixed

Thats the download link, no pictures availible, read the readme, and have fun.

Please Mirrow this link, the link is only public for 5 days from the USMC database.

hey i do not see any links

hope you fix bugs have been looking forward to this update for a while.

also can you post some screens

keep up the good work

tred them out. Nice work on them, but it feels like there are just a few soldier classes to choose from in the pack. but hey im no marines expert but aren't there any engineers? Other than that the soldiers are exellent , only thing is that the m16's sound makes those small fire crackers that you can blow up holes in coca cola cans with seem like more powerful  tounge2.gif

Anyone know what stuff the marines ride in? Or attack with?

biggrin_o.gif

okay checked the readme and saw that the pack had snipers and recon guys already biggrin_o.gif

Marine Humves, SEF Humve pack would be a good choise if FISHDUDE would fix them, witch is weird because im doubting the release of AA until around september and he still seems to make stuff for a game that is not near the release...

Umm, they attack with guns... i think? crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

Cobra attack choppers, hueys, you know... marine stuff

If to say honesty, I don't see any visual or other changes comparing with the v. 1.1.

I like the new features, but the woodland body armour was replaced by the coyote brown right?

Anyway, i like the addition of the D.I. and recruits, should make for some very different missions.

Hehe downloaded the last release just yesterday biggrin_o.gif

downloading new release immediately

If to say honesty, I don't see any visual or other changes comparing with the v. 1.1.

Dude, not everything is in the visuals, it seems that you're the eye-candy guy/girl/kid. Also it could be that you need glasses. I think there is even change log in the readme, but I assume you don't read that either.

Also, if you haven't noticed the DI and Recruit then I don't know what to say. Not everything is in visuals, Safety decided that it would be good to fix the bugs on 1.1 instead of just leaving them there. Also, there are backpacks if you haven't noticed. Some models have changed in appearance and most of them have new legstraps. Anyways, if you're so lazy to look at the readme here is the Version History part of it.

Quote[/b] ]

Version History

BETA v1.0 - Private release to USMC Squad.

Several clipping bugs found. Weapon problems found.

BETA v1.1 - Editorial release.

Clipping bugs fixed. Changes made to configuration file.

BETA v1.2 - Editorial release.

Added 4 additional models, MFR with Boonies. Configuration file optimized.

FULL v1.0 - Private release.

A few texture changes made, model improvements and shadow LODs improved.

FULL v1.1 - Public release.

All weapon/config problems fixed. 3 POW models added.

FULL v1.2 - Patch update.

Fixed a few problems found with the POW models.

FULL v1.5 – Editorial release.

Several textures and model parts improved on all models.

FULL v1.6 – Editorial release.

Goggles added to some models for variation. New leg strap model and texture. Thanks to SJB.

FULL v1.8 – Editorial release.

Recruit and Drill Instructor models added. Fully functional backpacks added. Thanks to MI Fred.

FULL v1.9 – Editorial release.

Lighting bugs and other bugs fixed. New boonie model added. Special thanks to SJB.

FULL v2.0 – Current release.

I play with these units on daily basis, and every change is noticable to me, especially the lighting issue that was present, two of my MP missions that we play at USMC occaisonally (sp?) will feel even better now.

Sorry if I offended you in any way, but thats my opinion.

Can ofp.info host this pack please. If this download disappears, it doesn't do much good for mission makers if these excellent addons can't be downloaded and used by players who want to play the missions. So I hope that ofp.info or one of the other older well established OFP websites will host it.

Also...if I could make a suggestion. I REAAAAALLY wish that someone would get permission to retexture either the Malvinas mod or I believe it was the Spanish Mod team's LAV-7 into a USMC AAV-7huh.gif The only change it would need would be a slight modification to the gun turret to add both the M2 .50 cal and the Mk-19 automatic grenade launcher.

Right now the only USMC AAV-7 around is the old one by the ToW mod team. Unfortunately, that model is not quite correct. But its better then nothing for those of you who are making USMC missions.

Also I think it was the Spanish or Swedish mod who made a CH-46. That is another badly needed USMC vehicle that someone could retexture if they got permission to use the model.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I like this new marines, they´re very well done and balanced. But now like many others have said, there´s a lack of USMC vehicles for OFP, and the few released got some annoying bugs, making them almost unplayables; with Armed Assault this could change...

Anyway,

Perhaps a swedish Ch-46, but not from spanish mod because Spain doesn´t have any CH-46.

About the AAV7, USMC Mod for Armed Assault, lead by Fischkopp was making a great looking one.

Also Pedagne Mod, released not long time ago, a great LVPT7, but the old LVPTs are no longer in service by USMC.

nice marines! I like them a lot...my only complaint is that I would like a variation without kneepads (maybe there is but didn't see one)

I know fishkopp released some USMC vehicles, but they were kinda buggy...I remember running into a lot of AI problems when creating a mission with his LAVs.

nice job wid teh update...but one thing i dun see the backpacks as mentioned in the readme

"To have the backpacks function correctly, all units that are to use the backpacks must have the following in their init:

[this] exec "\SFTY_bkpk\init.sqs"

All units in this pack however, do not require the above in their init."

i tried using the exec in the init field too..but i did manage to put em on using the standard addweapon command

anyways...gud job...some quick screenies i took biggrin_o.gif

sfty.jpg

sfty1.jpg

sfty3.jpg

nice update to the units esp adding goggles.

one question though, how do i get a whole group to use nvgoggles

can anyone help me ......nice work again

I was just wondering about one thing: Why are the (E) Force Recon soldiers wearing black FSBE vests? I thought WL FSBE's were used together with flightsuits.... huh.gif

A good job. I hate to get off topic, but

1. Do the marines use the same body armour and webbing as US Army infantry? For example, the Interceptor system?

Do the marines use the same body armour and webbing as US Army infantry? For example, the Interceptor system?

Yeah, Marines are issued Coyote Brown Interceptor body armor....

Also Pedagne Mod, released not long time ago, a great LVPT7, but the old LVPTs are no longer in service by USMC.

I don't believe there is a difference in the LVTP7 and the AAV7.

Quote[/b] ]In 1985 the Marine Corps changed the designation of the LVTP7Al to AAV7Al--amphibious assault vehicle-representing a shift in emphasis away from the long-time LVT designation, meaning "landing vehicle, tracked." Without a change of a bolt or plate, the AAV7Al was to be more of an armored personnel carrier and less of a landing vehicle.

Link

Regardless, OFP needs a quality AAV7. I'm currently working on reskinning the ToW AAV7, as I thought it was the only AAV7 released. Miles Teg, if you like to inform me of the model changes needed to improve the AAV7, please give me a PM, as I'd like to make this as accurate as possible. Also maybe a link or two to the other ones you mentioned...

And not to veer off-topic, I love the new Marines, top notch, well done. Although I didn't get the backpacks to work using the code you provided... probably just because i was in a hurry and overlooked something.

Ah, although this has already been mentioned in another topic, if someone could replace the MARPAT with ACUPAT (with Safety's permission), one would have a good regular infantry addon on their hands.

But it's just a thought.

I don't believe there is a difference in the LVTP7 and the AAV7.

Just one thing: old LVPTs

I´m fully aware about that name change.