Sign in to follow this  
guyguy1

What will be new?

Does anyone know what will be new in ArmA besides the visuals (graphics, motion capture, limited dynamic destruction) and background (Large island, modern setting)? I know that the graphics and collision detection system are improved, as well as the unit animations, but will there be more vehicles&guns? Better physics and ballistics? Improved AI, SOUNDS, and more detailed unit damage models? None of these were explained before, as far as I can remember. I read that ArmA was an improved OFP, which means that most things are still the same (feel free to correct me)?What do you guys know about it?

Quote[/b] ]Large selection of vehicles

I really hope that includes an ARMA tractor, cars and a bus and bikes!

I really hope that the new vehicles (combat vehicles) will come with adequate systems and equipment which would fit much better to their(BIS) quest for simulation* as well as tactical battlefield...

*Implementation of Driver/Gunner/Commander trio was purely AWESOME and absolutely imbecileproof (I hate games in which tanks get used by single crew as if its a bicycle)

**Further, implementation of cockpits where you can see other crew is BRILLIANT and IMMERSIVE !!!

***However there is still much room to be filled with some advanced optics/countermeasures/weaponry

I hope the radio sounds are improved. The soldiers in OFP talked like the windows narrator and it just sounded weird. If you've ever seen the OFP2 site (Link Here) you can hear the radioman showing the psychological effects of an engagement through his speech (although it needs a little imrovement on tone of voice). I hope BI made strides to improve the radio sounds in ArmA..as well as everything else (Duh).

Well they are atleast adding a Littlebird, M240/M249's, M136's, umbrella's and some new vegitation from what I can find so far(in screenshots). Anything else is pure speculation. Anyone spotted any more things?

If you listen carefully to the trailer the radio sounds do seem to have been improved. My first thought was that wasn't in game radio, but right at the end you can make out "Five return to formation, Two engage that BMP".

Well they are atleast adding a Littlebird, M240/M249's, M136's, umbrella's and some new vegitation from what I can find so far(in screenshots).

Soobody know something about some new Russian weapons?(may be ak-108, AN-94, KA-52, Ka-60, t90 ...)

Or

What the different?

M249 and almost all new weapons, vehicles, etc. was maded by MODers (BAS, BW, FDF ...) And developers says that AA compartabled(?) huh.gif whith ofp MODs.

And what the different? confused_o.gif

So the Cities will be populated by civilians, that's great innovation i think. notworthy.gif

And over 40 vehicles and 50 weapons, that's not too bad biggrin_o.gif

Anyway I don't need to know what all will be new... i want be surprised when I will play ArmA for the first time. xmas_o.gif

So the Cities will be populated by civilians, that's great innovation i think. notworthy.gif

That's Game2, not ArmA.

So the Cities will be populated by civilians, that's great innovation i think.  notworthy.gif

That's Game2, not ArmA.

Nope, originally it was probably Game 2 feature but now it's feature for ArmA. Score in his preview of ArmA wrote about it.

Well, a lot of people are saying that what was in VBS1 will probably be in Arma too (Dynamic Destructable buildings come to mind).

Dunno why, maybe BI confirmed it.

Well, a lot of people are saying that what was in VBS1 will probably be in Arma too (Dynamic Destructable buildings come to mind).

Dunno why, maybe BI confirmed it.

Dynamic Destructable Buildings are not in VBS1, though it was stated some time ago that this feature will be available, it has yet to be implemented. wink_o.gif  So I doubt it will be a part of Armed Assault.(Unless we are going to wait another year or so for release) banghead.gif

VBS1, aside from a few new scripting commands and slightly better AI, is the same as OFP, with a whole bunch of new models and terrain. It has all the same features(and bugs) that OFP had, and no campaign.

Taken from the  Progress report these are the things that will be new to Armed Assault, and weren't in OFP:

Features/Advancements/Enhancements

Engine/Graphics

DX9 Engine incorporating many of the latest features, including High Dynamic Range rendering

Reworked lifelike animations.

Fully streaming game engine allowing extremely large environments loaded with various special effects.

Environments

Environments are richly detailed and varied.

New huge sized battlefield (landmass exceeds that of all islands from Flashpoint & Resistance combined)

New densely populated battlefield (approximately twice the number of objects on all previous islands combined).

Dynamic weather and daytime simulation (including tides and star constellations)

Ambient wildlife.

Gameplay

Large selection of weapons and vehicles.

Unique and proven combatant's AI.

New island containing large cities with many different, fully accessible buildings.

ArmA's campaign features a brand new story-line, with a modern day setting.

Campaign's setting and events inspired by real world events, military strategies and political doctrines.

Updated controls and command interface.

Multiplayer

Large, persistent battles.

60+ player multiplayer (plus additional AI), players can join at any time.

Unique game modes introducing modes of play not seen in any other game.

Hope that helps clear things up a little.