FDF 1.4 Operation Disinformation

Hello and Happy New York, I mean Year... rofl.gif

Here is my little winter project for the OFP community:

OPERATION DISINFORMATION 1943 V1.4 07012005

Required addons:

[*]FDF 1.4 Full MOD

Thanks to:

FDF Team for their great immersive WW2 Mod

Zeus team mates for providing an area to test the mission, and people to test with, especially Loozy boozy who spent numerous hours on testing with me

inlove.gif . (www.ILOVELOOZ.com)

Joni, who is just great.

And thanks to everyone else who was a total plonker. biggrin_o.gif

This mission, has to be experienced. I can't tell you much more. It is cooperative and contains a week of my time after being inspired by FDF 1.4 and winter in general. xmas_o.gif

Enjoy. I mean, ENJOY IT NOW!

--------------------------------------------------------

*PMsTheLinkToLlauma* smile_o.gif

Thanks! We've gotta check this, there aren't too many Coop FDF1.4 missions so far.

Yes by all means check this out, you will however be surprised, everyone that tried it so far was. :P

Very nice mission bn880, very nice indeed. It would have been quite nice introduction mission of some features in 1.4. I presume you spend quite few hours to make this. Joni sounds a bit excited time to time  biggrin_o.gif

Thank you, that's very kind. Yes quite a lot of hours in that mission. Joni gets very excited IRL, that's why we got him to star in the mission. tounge2.gif

I have a 1.31 sitting around, it saves the player names too on servers... (no spoilers) However I might wait to release it once I get more stuff in as 1.4.

Version 1.4 is UP.

Changes since 1.3:

[*] No addons required anymore, just full FDF 1.4.

[*] Saving of player names for MP record keeping.

[*] Cross Country replaced with Biathlon.

[*] A few more small things.

Thanks to Terox[Zeus] for the Biathlon idea, and to Looz/Scfan for testing again.

A few notes to help some folks along:

The more the merrier

One of the objectives is to have no one die (hard!wink_o.gif, but they'll respawn so you can "finish" the mission even though you failed. The mission doesn't end until after you "return to base."

And some of the areas are harder than they look.

We had the mission on CiA yesterday. Time: 1h 49min, and I can say it was a lot of fun!

The only very bad part IMO is the journey to the target area. It takes so long that we nearly aborted the mission. I think, if you somehow shorten the long travel this mission is absolutely top! thumbs-up.gif

I like the idea and creativity spent on this one. Sup. Slal. is near to impossible though wow_o.gif

rofl.gif

Yep, it's a long journey in game terms. However it was meant to show some of the nice looking FDF 1.4 WW2 stuff, and there is the "skip intro" option that you can enable, to start at the ski resort.

Slalom hard, you should try the bloody red track... you just need to take a taxi after that. tounge2.gifwhistle.gif

and there is the "skip intro" option that you can enable, to start at the ski resort.

Oh, thanks for the hint, I missed that one.

Quote[/b] ]Slalom hard, you should try the bloody red track... you just need to take a taxi after that. tounge2.gifwhistle.gif

I meant the red track in my above post. Damn I don't know how many trees I hit .... is there a reason there is no lift? I had to walk all the way back to the resort. confused_o.gif

yay.gif

Yes there is no lift because there is no good place to put a lift there, as far as I can tell. You'd be going through the forest face first. What I do is I ride down to the next town, and hitch the taxi ride, it's faster by about 2x.

haha I really like it rofl.gif

but be sure to put the mission in Multiplayer directory, otherwise the intro subtitles blend into the resort

What I do is I ride down to the next town, and hitch the taxi ride, it's faster by about 2x.

Ah cool! Will remember next time smile_o.gif