Sign in to follow this  
-HUNTER-

An Najaf map beta release

One good advice to you guys, judging from the screenshots, you need to start using sharp edges on the cementary objects. They will look much better that way...

Hmmm... one more... there's one thing you can do to improve performance for cementary are. You have to merge all the tombstones in 50 by 50 meter large p3d models and place those on your map instead of thousands of single graves. This should save you a lot of fps. smile_o.gif

wink_o.gif Thats exactly what we did! thumbs-up.gif

And the sharp edges might be my editing... whistle.gif

Thanks guys...I appreciate it notworthy.gif

Ya the maps been on its way for awhile now...but its more of a hobby..than a race to the finish.. wink_o.gif

@JW....Yep should run for ya but any large missions will kill ya like me... wink_o.gif

But atleast you'll be able to check it out....

I drop the object quality ingame when near the cemetary...helps quite alot.

As for the plots of graves...right now we've got...I guess it would be 25 x 25 M triangles. SO each square is made of two opposing triangles that make the square....allows us to mix em up together.. wink_o.gif

Dont worry guys...a couple of weeks and you all will be able to test it. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]One good advice to you guys, judging from the screenshots, you need to start using sharp edges on the cementary objects. They will look much better that way...

Hmm, I never even though about the edges.  What is the default setting on the edges?

Quote[/b] ]Hmmm... one more... there's one thing you can do to improve performance for cementary are. You have to merge all the tombstones in 50 by 50 meter large p3d models and place those on your map instead of thousands of single graves.

As GOON said, the plots are made of 25mx25m triangles.  I was hoping for 50mx50m, but doing so would have exceeded OFP's geometry lod component limitation by a long shot.

Thanks for the suggestions, they are always welcome smile_o.gif

-Pilot

WOW, great work, I wonder if anyone will come up with a Blackwater Units Mod. That would be kick butt.

As a matter of fact, OFP geometry limit is around 64x64 meters so you're far from exceeding it. But as you said, those triangles will do fine.

Default setting in o2 is smooth edges, which doesn't look good at all on any rectangular-like shapes.

Quote[/b] ]As a matter of fact, OFP geometry limit is around 64x64 meters so you're far from exceeding it.

Actually, that wasn't the problem.  What I meant was, with all the blocks that would be necessary to create the geo lod of the 50m x 50m plots, it would far exceed the 100 component limitation.  Each basic gravestone has 2 geo blocks.  The basic 25m x 25m plots has 48 graves, which is just barely under that 100 mark.

Quote[/b] ]Default setting in o2 is smooth edges, which doesn't look good at all on any rectangular-like shapes.

Ok, thanks for that.  I'll get around to changing the graves (again), hopefully before the next public beta.

-Pilot

Nice screenshots.

I really hope, that this island will be tested for multiplayer.

I made a CTI with a LOT of addons on DMA Libya and Afghaneveron.

After a few minutes there is a huge framedrop and lag on each client.

Playing the same CTI on Desert Nogova 2: everything works fine. So it must be the islands or some addons(houses, trees, etc.) used on it.

MfG Lee

RGR!

Beta MP testing will start very soon.

Also when the next beta comes out other ppl can try it out aswell!

I think MP will make this map a really intresting map. Especially COOP against well placed AI... Or convoy attack, or or or or or or or or or or the amount of missions that are possible on this map are endless! thumbs-up.gif

This is a great town with many scenerios possible. I'm not having much problem with frame rate and the number of addons dosen't bother me either. Like mentioned before the disconnected roads and lack of vegitation need work. Aslo some enterable buldings would be nice, at least there are some roof tops you can get some high ground advantage and good to locate snipers too.

Goon, you Have a Great Work, but you don't talk from a long time. sad_o.gif  huh.gif .

whistle.gifwhistle.gif

Sorry guys....been workin crazy hours...map has progressed slowly...

Always love to here comments so dont stop posting...

Would anyone be sintersetd in finishing the map?

I would hate to see it go to waste...

PS ...Hunter or Pilot...

If anyone asks for the lastest you have go ahead.... wink_o.gif

It'll be a cold day in hell before you actually get around to doing something productive...

206 posts in less than one month. you are ridiculous.

anyways, as far as the actual topic goes, this map was pretty nice, however armed assault really kills the point of anymore hours in WRP tool. I personally am going to just wait and see how ARMA is, then decide whether or not things i've done for OFP are worth being put in game on that engine;)

well then you dont know what ive done already so far : s-400 triumf, BMP-4 with era, BMD-4, BE with realism , T-95/T-94 MBT and many more so shut ure mouth.

well then you dont know what ive done already so far : s-400 triumf, BMP-4 with era, BMD-4, BE with realism , T-95/T-94 MBT and many more so shut ure mouth.

So...when are you going to show us?

It'll be a cold day in hell before you actually get around to doing something productive...

206 posts in less than one month. you are ridiculous.

I've seen your posts, and you have a tendancy to be a right moody ****, let's have less of it. You clearly don't know what Universal's done, so looks like you just enjoy aggravating people.

hi goon, i will like to help you on you map, like the arabic banners and the signs.  smile_o.gif