Sign in to follow this  
offtime

Polish GROM operators

Quote[/b] ]To those that won't use the addon because of the password, well you are missing out on one HELL of an addon.

LOL, the people complaining just want to makes sure everyone gets to use this hell of an addon. :P But then again, there isn't really an argument anymore, because with any luck Offtime wont use a password system with his up coming release. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So, Teg, basically, what you are saying is that people are entitled to this addon because it sucks to wait... which is the same thing everyone else is saying.

Surprising people can type without being able to read.

Quote[/b] ]desert sheme is next on the list :-)

Cool, can't wait. thumbs-up.gif Are Polish units currently deployed anywhere requiring desert camo? Afghanistan perhaps?

He's saying that from a mission edittor's standpoint, he's not going to reach an audience if people have to wait for a password. He says it's making the process too complex, and people won't download it.

His entire argument is based on the premise that people find the pming thing too much of a hassle. It's amazing that people can type, QUOTE, and then STILL not read. Maybe you like your reality better than mine. I don't know.

OFFTIME, will future weapons pack updates include an AG36 for the G-36's included???

You mean this?

ag368cc.th.jpg

No, unless somebody wants to come over and help to make the missing textures, LODs and such. We've like 10 different variants (AG36, G36A/C/E/K/*,LMG36) made by Marcin_BM waiting back here with no prospects for future (at least I don't have time to finish them). sad_o.gif

If anybody's interested, feel free to PM me.

OFFTIME, will future weapons pack updates include an AG36 for the G-36's included???

You mean this?

Picture

No, unless somebody wants to come over and help to make the missing textures, LODs and such. We've like 10 different variants (AG36, G36A/C/E/K/*,LMG36) made by Marcin_BM waiting back here with no prospects for future (at least I don't have time to finish them). sad_o.gif

you could always ask UKF nicely to use their AG36 textures, found on the SA80 UGL... tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]

desert sheme is next on the list :-)

Cool, can't wait. thumbs-up.gif Are Polish units currently deployed anywhere requiring desert camo? Afghanistan perhaps?

and in Libya soon whistle.gif

Looking forward to those desert units, keep it up Offtime, quite astonishing at what speed you work them addons. smile_o.gif

You mean this?

Picture

you could always ask UKF nicely to use their AG36 textures, found on the SA80 UGL... tounge2.gif

Thanks for your kind offer, but like I said, I have no interest nor time to finish those weapons. If there will be any takers, I'll redirect them to you. wink_o.gif

He's saying that from a mission edittor's standpoint, he's not going to reach an audience if people have to wait for a password.  He says it's making the process too complex, and people won't download it.

His entire argument is based on the premise that people find the pming thing too much of a hassle.  It's amazing that people can type, QUOTE, and then STILL not read.  Maybe you like your reality better than mine.  I don't know.

Yes you are right. That is my premise. But perhaps you are right and maybe the majority of the OFP players have absolutely no problem PM'ing for a password, and perhaps having to register first on a forum they never use before doing so rather then just the usual "click on link to download addon" or copy and paste addon download URLs you see on most mission readme files.

So maybe you are correct that the vast majority of OFP players are not lazy.

The only way to get an idea of this would be to do a well designed poll on ofp.info (or on this forum). By well designed I mean asking similar related questions and the same questioned reworded differently. I've never tried doing a poll, but maybe I'll try doing that in the addons: discussion section of the forum.

However, as someone else stated, hopefully Offtime and others who are helping him make these addons will be wise enough not to use a password on later releases. If so, I wish Offtime would simply say so. There would be no debate at all and you wouldn't see all these arguements if he simply stated that publicly rather then sitting back and taking pleasure in all the arguing over this rather silly issue.

While Polish military missions aren't a high priority for me, I certainly would not mind making some Polish missions especially Iraq missions. In fact, I will go so far as to say that if these GROM units are eventually released without a password, I will make a nice Polish mission on my mod's Iran/Iraq map pitting them and Iraqi national guardsman against Al-Qaeda insurgents.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

That's not my argument at all. I'm saying that they are his rights to protect. I'm also saying that his rights are more important than a small amount of inconvenience for the people who may decide to utilize it.

I can see how this argument might get circular so you can PM me if you want to discuss it further smile_o.gif

I'm very open to this discussion.

Nah.. I see your point, but it's not even about protection. Encrypting models and textures is about protection and very understandable. This is on the other hand is just an odd way to gather statistics. But you are correct that he has that right to do so. I apologize to Offtime for calling him "arrogant" and other such things and will give him the benefit of the doubt. I just wish he would communicate better. I've pretty much said about as much as can be said on the matter and will not comment any further about the password on this release.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>