Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

American Civil War Mod v.1.2 released.

You cannot compare a Alpha and a 1.2, one is actully finished and the other isn't. But I digress, i really like both mods, and it is stupid to bicker.

Connors, It's not a matter of comparing how good what is, but comparing how much stuff Gavin has stolen from CWMOD.

Though he claims "he was once part of CWMOD" and that "that gives him right to take whatever he likes for his mod", that's cheap manipulation.

He was nowhere to be found in the first year, when CWMOD beta was released. He was nowhere around in the second year when CWMOD v.1.0 was released. Then he forced himself into the team saying if we don't let him he'll go an make his own mod using our stuff (which he eventually did anyway, and also did a very similar thing before to a WW2 mod, so it seems it's a pattern of behaviour for him to force himself upon mods, cause trouble, then rob them blind), but as he got kicked out of CWMOD, he once again didn't contribute one single thing in the third year to the release of CWMOD 1.2.

Now if you open the files of House Divided you'll see 90% of them are taken directly from CWMOD, some just slightly altered or retextured. That's theft. And theft is what all this "bickering" is about! It's NOT about "omg they made a better mod than we, we're so jelous and pissed", but about "omg they stole 90% of CWMOD, put on new textures and released it as their own"!

Yes it is stupid to "bicker". But respectable modders don't work that way. See how ProfT works. Not only did he contribute a huge pile of things, scripts, solutions, etc to CWMOD, which would automatically grant him right to use any CWMOD part for his mod, but still he ASKED permission, and of course, received it in full. Do you ever se us "bickering" with Napoleonic mod? No. Guess why...

Triglav you complained to me about continuing Gavin flaming/flamebaiting comments, so I try to do something about it, then you continue your anti-Gavin comments, you can't have both, whoever is the most wrong is irrelevant now, you both must stop making inflamatory comments about each other, else you will both have to face the same "ignoring a moderator's instruction" forum rule.

If you make one more comment about Gavin that is in any way negative, flamebaiting or whatever you will be post restricted for a week and receive a warning level, next time will be a month and 2 more warning levels, exact same warning I will send to Gavin as well, just stop the bitching at each other, move on with your lives.

Right on Triglav!

maybe we wont see "he who shall not be named" again for another year. Hopefully more. rofl.gif

plus he was NEVER the "leader" of the Mod, like you said ,he came in and just said he was taking over. He never delivered anything  or contributed anything to this Mod.

I dont mind intellegent people like Jdb posting here.

It makes me wonder what is safe and what is'nt in the modding community when someone can steal or use whatever they want. Hard work does pay off though and I think a majority of the players know who has put the effort and dedication into certain projects.

I can't believe Placebo gave "YOU" shit though....makes you wonder.........

now back to some other stuff...........

The "Hampton roads" mission is coming up. It's been on hold while I try to check on some config problems for the "virginia".

There will be a single player mission and a MP version of this mission.

stonewall

An accusation of addon theft is being investigated, in the meantime this thread will be opened with the strict condition that House Divided mod members do not post in the Civil War Mod thread, nor mention the Civil War Mod in their own thread, and alternatively the Civil War Mod team do not post in the House Divided Mod thread nor mention the House Divided Mod in their own thread.

O.K we're back.

I'm still working on this MP version of the "Virginia".

the "Monitor" somehow doe'snt show dammage when hit

but does in fact take damage! Host/client probs? were not sure so I might release the whole thing the way it is.

the Hampton roads mission is done, both single and MP versions.

I will release a pack of stuff in a day or 2. It will include all

updated missions,  ships, and  Mp missions.

stonewall

Here is the pack!

The full meal deal

It has all my single player missions.(missions folder) I threw the test mission for the Virginia in too, "Carriertst"

All my MP missions (Multi player missions folder). be sure to check out bullrun2 which is my Second Mannasas scenerio.

and the boats ("CW Mod addons folder") It has the updated Transport and Virginia.

The Mp Virginia should only be used in MP missions or single player missions playing as the Confederates.

Stonewall

First off let me say that I really enjoy this mod! smile_o.gif

I am unfortunatly having a little problem with the MP missions I make. All the units I spawn for MP do not spawn with ammo. I looked around at several places and could not find an answer to this issue, but I do apologize if the answer was right infront of my face.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Can I use some of your stuff for a addon pack I am making? please, all credit would go to you smile_o.gif

thanks.

Can I use some of your stuff for a addon pack I am making? please, all credit would go to you smile_o.gif

thanks.

You need old CWMOD stuff or new Stonewall_Jackson's stuff?

Either way, send me a PM...

A lot of people have had problems With Multi Player Respawn and MP and Single Player Ammo.

Here are some scripts that might help in making missions. I think they are easy to follow but that might not be the case for everone. Try experimenting with them in a mission first.

Some Scripts

The Petersburg map is coming up...........

stonewall

Here's a Beta of the Petersburg map.

The map was originally made by Lukemax.

and CW fortifications were added by me.

You need CWMod for this map as well as

"Migs" farmland objects.

Notes.... This Map was made for CWmod  by "Lukemax"

an excellent map...........

And Of course "Migs" Farmland addons were used.

CWPetersburg.zip

Migs Farmland objects

stonewall

Tried it out. Really cool!

Even trying out a little mission.

help.gif Help Please !!

I own the OFP GOTY Edition, and have installed the 1.96 patch. Alas I cannot get the Civil War mod to work. I have followed the steps in the readme file exactly to no avail.  I guess the one main question I have is on step 3 where it says " All the files come in a single folder named CWMOD, it contains three game subdirectories, \Addons, Bin and \DTA Put that folder into your OFP directory.

Ok, I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, but does it mean put it here.... C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint   huh.gif?  I wonder this because it is already there, that is where I installed it with the first step.  Or am I wrong ?  If I am wrong, then where or what is considered the directory ?

I would appreciate any help I can get with this , I actually went out and bought OFP just to play this mod. I just wished it came with some brains I could use. Thanks !

yup, you are right. You have to install the Civil war MOD into an OFP directory, so it will look like this

C:\Program Files\OperationFlashpoint\CWMOD

then, in the CWMOD folder, you should have there these subfolders: Addons, Bin, and DTA.

then, make a shortcut on your destop and put there:

C:\program files\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -mod=CWMOD

Double click and the MOD should start fine now.

It´s simple as a facer, as we say here biggrin_o.gif

Thanks,

But what do you mean by -nosplash- ??

It's still not working though. It lets me change the target in properties to "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" - mod=CWMod. I also have the CW Icon on my desktop. But when I double click it I only get the OFP missions. I've even unistalled everything from my computer and reinstalled everything and went through the steps again. With the same results.

Just not sure what it is I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's this metal plate in my head, lol.

Anymore suggestions would be much appreciated 'cause I'm lost.  Thanks !   pistols.gif

You do only get regular missions, unless you downloaded the various missions scattered around this thread and placed them in the Missions Folder.

All the elements of the mod are then available in the mission editor...

Do you see a different GUI? With some Civil War soldiers sitting around a campfire, when OFP starts up? If not, then you didn't install it right.

"Do you see a different GUI? With some Civil War soldiers sitting around a campfire, when OFP starts up? If not, then you didn't install it right."

Here's exactly what I did, after first completely uninstalling Operation Flashpoint GOTY Edition and all associated files as well as all Civil War mod files.

1) Installed OFP GOTY Edition

2) Installed OFP GOTY Edition 1.96 Patch into  C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint

3) Downloaded the Civil War mod

4) Using WinRar, I extracted the files to  C:Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint  

Now the civil war mod is located here  C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\cwmod-ver1.2  

5)I then changed the icon as the installation instructions said to read: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=CWMod  (not a problem there, I have the new icon)

6)I then double-click the Civil War icon and the original Operation Flashpoint GOTY opens and starts in the original GUI with the Tank and crosshair theme, no civil war soldiers sitting around a campfire.

What did I miss ?

What am I doing wrong ?

According to the installation instructions I've followed each step I believe correctly.

Sorry for being a pest, but I just can't find my error. Are my steps not like the steps taken in the instructional ?

Everything is where it is supposed to be yet no Civil War mod.

Thanks guys for being patient.

4) Using WinRar, I extracted the files to C:Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint

Now the civil war mod is located here C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\cwmod-ver1.2

5)I then changed the icon as the installation instructions said to read: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=CWMod (not a problem there, I have the new icon)

There's yer problem, the -mod= has to be the same as the folder name.

So it's -mod=cwmod-ver1.2.

Well I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year.

I've been checking out the Demo of ARMA and waiting for the North American release. I'm Gunna have a go at the config and see if we can port the Mod over too ARMA. It might be a

couple of months though. ..............stay tuned.

stonewall

You'll need to wait for Oxygen 2 to port over any infantry, that should come out around Feburary.

Well I checked in and low and behold the topic is open again now we can keep up with things again.

Thank you for restarting the topic. yay.gif

And I still don't know why my avatar is forbidden.

Happy to be back

Hey guys, Just wanted to say, its been about a year or two and two new computers since I checked out what you guys are working on. I must say I'm very impressed. Good job to (the REAL) Civil War mod. I was wondering, anybody ever read Henry Turtledove's Guns of the South. I was thinking how cool it would be to equip some Confederate soldiers with one of those new fangled High Quality AK-47 addons released these days. Oh poor Billy Yank wouldn't see it comming.

I was wondering, anybody ever read Henry Turtledove's Guns of the South.  I was thinking how cool it would be to equip some Confederate soldiers with one of those new fangled High Quality AK-47 addons released these days.   Oh poor Billy Yank wouldn't see it comming.

That happened when Stonewall and I was playing online by accident. I did not know where he was at then I heard a fullauto AK47 fire and one of my men killed him when he was trying to sneak upon my flank. It was funny. smile_o.gif

hello i love this mod! but i have a a little problem, i can't get this mod started. i can't figure out how to put the the -mod=cwmod in the target, can you show me exactly how its supposed to be in the shortcut for resistance?