Sign in to follow this  
thesun

Vehicle bouncing

Hi, I made a jeep. Everything is fine but the vehicle keeps bouncing all the time. Does anybody know how to fix this?

could be many things:-

1. Is the weight too light? try maxing the weight and test-100,000

2. Is the centre of gravity too high? try placing it at the bottom.

3. Is there any landcontact points?

4. Are the landcontact points too near each other?

5. Is the base of your geolod too small?

6. is your model in 02 resting at 0 axis height?

7. In the config, is your jeep inherited from car class or jeepMG or tank class? if it is only a car with no weapons, best to use car or plain jeep class.

8. Are the wheel parts selections name correct in spelling?

Thanks philcommando, it seems like the weight is too light. I'll check it later.

sorry to dig this up, but rather that than a new post of course.

Im having a few minro problems with jeepmg class vehicles, that when the 'turret' moves the vehicle 'judders' (vibrates) - its not bouncing as such, more the vehicl seems to see-saw from the front to the back axels very rapidly

now, i've read through the suggestions but im not sure of they're more bouncing specific? The vehicle weighs 3500 (the correct weight for the vehicle). There are no wheels in the geometry LOD (is that incorrect?). The land contact points sit exactly at the 0 axis with the correct names.

the model sits slightly below the 0 axis (about 1mm it appears)

I believe there is supposed to be wheels in the geo lod, though im no expert.

Quote[/b] ]There are no wheels in the geometry LOD (is that incorrect?).

the BIS JeepMg model does have wheels in the geo lod, open the p3d to see how they have built their geo lod.

Quote[/b] ]The land contact points sit exactly at the 0 axis with the correct names.

irrelevent

Quote[/b] ]the model sits slightly below the 0 axis (about 1mm it appears)

irrelevent

Maybe worth checking if you have other sections or points selected with the 'OtocHlaven' or 'OtocVez' that should not be.

Afaik none of these selections should be present in geo lod.

Just my thoughts

ok, added wheels into the geo lod, and basically took a gander at how the BIS jeep works - i couldnt see anything different in how the lod's are done, the land contact, etc etc

yet when the gunner moves it still bounces terribly - there is no moving part in the geo lod in terms of otoc vez and hlaven.

help.gif

shall try - only trouble is i was trying to simulate how unstable this vehicle can be, and had been rather succesful with having it tip over on sharp corners biggrin_o.gif but rather a non bouncy vehicle me thinks

no luck... vehicle is now extremely heavy at the bottom and still bounces...

what i did notice was that the vehicles bounce in unison - the same exact motion... which is weird?

Problem was fixed by the way by defining all the Components "Component01" in the Geo lod. Im thinking the lods from the weapon were conflicting with the vehicle and producing a bouncing effect similar to when 2 objects are pushed together.

by defining all the Components "Component01" in the Geo lod.

wow, seems a odd fix ...... must have taken some lateral thinking to find that one !

gj