Sign in to follow this  
offtime

BRDM-2

This BRDM was created to fit to the rest of BIS east-side vehicles.

uaz_big.jpg

Ural_1.jpg

It's very sad that it can't be used with your remarkable, 100% accurate addons, but I hope that red star won't be such a big problem for average OFP player.

I, for one, think the metaphor of flying BRDM was funny. There's really no point to argue, ladies. wink_o.gif

As I pointed out before, BRDM comes in MLOD and everybody can adjust it to his/her own needs, by removing the stars for example. This was just a little "15-minute" side project and as such, I doubt it will be developed any further.

criticism - OK

Irony and sarcasm - NO

you should start from explayning your point in the first place, that would be constructive criticism, rare and very apreciate thing around here.

instead of that your seling me some bullshit about flying brdm's

your nuts ?

dude, think twice before you write anything.

fooling with ppl will get you nowere.

I dont believe i have to argue about this, do you even read what you wrote?

You maybe take things bit serious?

Yes im nuts, sorry will meet with a counselor tomorrow...

One last note in that thread, if i would react that way every time someone criticises a RHS addon ( especially on russian forums ) then i wouldnt even have time to do anything else, people wont always praise your work and why should they only criticism and they way you work with it helps you improve things.

Maybe YOU better think twice before answering.

The most simple aswer would have been the one by Agent Smith, theyre meant to fit the rest of the BIS vehicles, ok thats a point.

Shadow NX, thanks for important notice, but next time please comment in more simple way, not so ambiguous. Any other proposals for model polishing (I am not saying that OFPL would develop it more, but new ideas could be helpful for ppl who would like to change this addon - with all credits for makers, of course wink_o.gif).

Come on guys, download it now xmas_o.gif

Very nice addon, great work on the detailed textures and model. It is a great replacement for the aging BIS BRDM-2, which I haven't bothered using in at least a few years now.

I hope to see more variants in the future wink_o.gif

criticism - OK

Irony and sarcasm - NO

you should start from explayning your point in the first place, that would be constructive criticism, rare and very apreciate thing around here.

instead of that your seling me some bullshit about flying brdm's

your nuts ?

dude, think twice before you write anything.

fooling with ppl will get you nowere.

I dont believe i have to argue about this, do you even read what you wrote?

You maybe take things bit serious?

Yes im nuts, sorry will meet with a counselor tomorrow...

One last note in that thread, if i would react that way every time someone criticises a RHS addon ( especially on russian forums ) then i wouldnt even have time to do anything else, people wont always praise your work and why should they only criticism and they way you work with it helps you improve things.

so i should thank you for being arrogant and sarcastic becouse this will help me improve this addon ?

you know... go see this counselor asap

Maybe YOU better think twice before answering.

The most simple aswer would have been the one by Agent Smith, theyre meant to fit the rest of the BIS vehicles, ok thats a point.

what was the point of puting red star on it is not important

the point of our conversation is why are you disgusted with my answer after your arrogant post about flying brdms ?

you wanted this, you got it.

have fun playng with this flying brdm, or not.

Hehe, you crack me up tounge2.gif

I sum it up one last time:

I told you maybe its better to get rid of the red star if you want the addon the be realistic and when i said otherwise make it able to fly i only wanted to say that its normally only used on air vehicles.

Forgive me if i wanted to say that in a funnier version.

So far your reactions were more than arrogant against me not the other way around.

Wonder what i ever did to you that you can judge me by this one post where i didnt said one bad word about your BRDM and only made a suggestion.

So sorry, read that first post again and youll notice i had no intention to dissrespect your work.

So sorry if it seemed as disrespect to you.

i understand your point.

hope you understand myne

i took your first post as arrogant and filld with sarcasm joke about my work, and that coused my agresive reaction.

adding to that very old post of yours about my SVD textures from OFPCDE didnt leave me no doubt, sorry if i was wrong.

Now when we established our statemenst, we can close this case.

Sorry that i dont thrust your intentions, but its not such a big deal,

anyway, thanks for pointing out this red star bug in our addon

lets just skip talking about the way you did that and the way i recieved it, this wont get us nowhere.

Actually I'm responsible for adding that red star. I didn't know how it should look like and didn't plan to create something really accurate. I simply wanted to give community small addon which wouldn't have looked odd while used with BIS units.

Quote[/b] ]Actually I'm responsible for adding that red star. I didn't know how it should look like and didn't plan to create something really accurate. I simply wanted to give community small addon which wouldn't have looked odd while used with BIS units.

Don't worry, that star looks perfectly on BRDM.

Outstanding addon btw!  We need more of those 'fit-in' addons.

Glad to see that the "community" has developed and matured over the last 2 years...

Excellent Addon Offtime and Co, now I can finally put my BAS-hack "field mod brdm" to rest in favour of something a little more realistic.

And for the record, I like the star, fits nicely with the rest of the BIS stuff, and IMHO looks rather cool tounge2.gif

Really awesome vehicle! Offtime, I've been expecting such BRDM for long. The texture and model are very realistic! Now i could use it for my Soviet men in patrolling mission!   rofl.gif

P.S. Also thanks for your nice face pack I used in my Soviet Winter man pack.

Hehe, you crack me up  tounge2.gif

I sum it up one last time:

I told you maybe its better to get rid of the red star if you want the addon the be realistic

I really saw redstar in such vehicle in the real pictures from former Soviet. It seems some troops really did such thing in Soviet army. So it cant say the addon is not realistic on that, I think.

Indeed, pretty addon and it should perfectly be represented instead of BIS OT for FFUR 85 packs.

Btw, is the red star a hiddenselection or?

If yeah then it would be very easy to take it out of the brdm, if not, just a small texture editing would be enough to bring it authentic, except some 'realism-fanatics-maniacs', who really cares about it,though?

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Mate, the ruckus has been caused because modern Russian vehicles (ground) don't have the stars on them, instead, the red white blue flag (if anything at all). Thus, realism sticklers who want to use the BRDM2 in modern scenarios (like me) find a Soviet star on a modern Russian vehicle a tad unrealistic. That parade hails from 1974, when the Soviets were still in full swing. Modern ground vehicles don't have the star.

I don't mind, myself, but others do.

Mate, the ruckus has been caused because modern Russian vehicles (ground) don't have the stars on them, instead, the red white blue flag (if anything at all). Thus, realism sticklers who want to use the BRDM2 in modern scenarios (like me) find a Soviet star on a modern Russian vehicle a tad unrealistic. That parade hails from 1974, when the Soviets were still in full swing. Modern ground vehicles don't have the star.

I don't mind, myself, but others do.

so after all, we didnt made mistake

look at readme

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

OFPL BRDM-2

Soviet Version

SOVIET, not Russian.

Ok, for a long time I have been turned off by east VS west. But with these last few months full of top quality addons ,I can't resist it anymore smile_o.gif

This is a great addon! A big step up from the polish version.

We now have something that OFP should have been shipped with from the start. This BRDM-2 works great for everthing from recon to direct assault/support. Only wish west had an equivalent.

If you get 2 in a group they can become more troublesome than a pack of wild rhinos smile_o.gif 2 of em ran into my camp and took out 4 of my men. We killed one with heavy mg's and captured the other. The drivers can be taken out without taking out the tires. This helps in getting to a repair alot easier now....thank you!!

If people are going to make more versions of this type, it can only get better from here on in. Whoo!! can't wait!!! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]SOVIET, not Russian.

...then here's the Russian variant', ' spent a couple minutes to decrease all textures 'saturation' level in order to make it closer to this one and removed the red star as well.

It will be implemented instead of the previous BRDM in FFUR 2005.

brdm1em.jpg

Big thanks to Offtime for his permission to modifie it and to implement it in FFUR.

smile_o.gif

Edit:

Ps: It would be better to add the following line to the class OFF_BRDM2: BRDM:

Quote[/b] ]nameSound="apc";

in order to get 'apc' instead of 'unknown'.

;-)

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Sorry, but as you can see parade version has little bit different pattern version. Rad stars on them like a patriotic symbol for civilian peop on the red square...also a lot of white elements like wheels...in army nobody pait stars on ground vehicles...just imagine you see M60 from INQ WITH AMERICAN FLAG on board...it is the same as for me to see soviet aromored with stars...BIS hade the same mistake