Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi - 8 pack v 1.0 relased

Another small bug:

Looking from above through the spinning rotorblades while flying, some parts getting invisible:

- the numbers

- some modelparts

- some weapon pods

- the seats in cargo

MI-8_Bug.jpg

Nothing special, but maybe for an update in the future.

MfG Lee uncleow.gif

This is sort of off-topic, but does anyone else have a problem with the Mi-26 where troops wont disembark until after the player does?

the Mi-14 looks extremely interesting (amphibious helicopter) compared to the others in the series, <s>although im not sure of any military aplication of it</s>

looks like the Polish and the Czechs use them in the military

Would love to see one as well. Considering the real thing is based on Mi-8, it'd be easier to make, than starting from scratch.

Here is one quite spectacular photo. There's also a lot more pictures here. It's quite an impressive chopper. I've seen some of them up close and I was even sitting in the pilot's seat. tounge2.gif

Another small bug:

Looking from above through the spinning rotorblades while flying, some parts getting invisible:

- the numbers

- some modelparts

- some weapon pods

- the seats in cargo

[ig]http://lee.plankton.ch/MI-8_Bug.jpg[/img]

Nothing special, but maybe for an update in the future.

MfG Lee [ig]http://lee.plankton.ch/uncleow.gif[/img]

That's our friend the Alpha Z-Buffering bug if I'm not mistaken.

other alpha bugs... the missiles, when they are fired, the alpha chanel on the flame at the rear creates a rather large invisible circle through the chopper as they are fired.

plus, although maybe i'm going a little mad, there doesnt seem to be a desert version of the chopper with the dual chain guns - this would be a really welcome addition if it is indeed missing (as such)

ag smith - yeah, its one very spectacular chopper - didnt know it was based off the Mi-8 but looking closer, you can see the resemblance

Just spotted this lil nitpicker of a bug too - when the doors are open inflight, one panel disappears (and can be seen through). This only happens when viewing the chopper from a distance.

All of these bugs don't detract from the enjoyment you've brought, though - well done team.

I'd like to know, what is the poly count/face count on this beast? PBOx/UnPBO won't even allow me to decompress it.

oOoIoOo

Yes of course there be more Mil's in the future pack, with resistance and US Mi17 versions.

MrZig

Polycount in heghter LOD in most detailed chopper ((G)Mi-8MTV) is about 10000. You cannot open it because it protectd:) Someone has crack it allready:)

A big thank you from an old fan of your addons!

I upgraded my PC a couple of months ago and never got around reinstalling OFP. Well. That's until yesterday... your Mi-8 made me do it. What a fantastic model. Thanks a lot for the hard work.

Great addon but the burning scripts needs too many ressources and my framerate is going rapide down when the mi-8t is burning or smoking. And i my system config is 2500+CPU,1GB DDR RAM and Radeon9600@128MB-DDR RAM. crazy_o.gif

Indeed, this is a very, very, very nice addon!!! notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif Great work again!!!

But one question: Why don't you guys binarize your addons? It would reduce size and make up some performance...

Binarize addon, pbo it without any compressions, make a rar file out of it > finished...

Is it possible to deactivate all scripts on the chopps? For MP to save performance...

Looking forward to your next release!

LMS

But one question: Why don't you guys binarize your addons? It would reduce size and make up some performance...

Binarize addon, pbo it without any compressions, make a rar file out of it > finished...

AFAIK they are allready binarized.

Indeed, this is a very, very, very nice addon!!! notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif Great work again!!!

Is it possible to deactivate all scripts on the chopps? For MP to save performance...

Looking forward to your next release!

LMS

They binarized of course:)

This two versions of choppers without any scripts in pack, named (BIS)Mi17 and (BIS)Mi8

Has anyone tested the winch on a dedicated server?

Tried it yesterday and the soldiers are "winched" up but then fall back to earth.

Can anyone confirm this or what I am doing wrong?

MfG Lee

Hm, strange, could open them without converting them... Nevermind, could be my fault... Was looking at all addons from you, so it could also have been the ZIL...

I know that there are 2 versions without script. But just 2 camo and weapon versions... Would like to have all versions with and without scripts. wink_o.gif

As I know Zil's is not binarised, because it was relased for a long time ago...

2 Lee_H._Oswald

Yes, yesterday we tested that addon in MP and found a couple of bugs:) So you are not alone:)

Have to repeat what Ofp_chaos said, played a mission he works on and as soon as our second chopper gets shot down framerate drops rapidly to a unplayable rate.

On my system i even had a system shutdown with my first XP bluescreen sad_o.gif

Any clue why?

I just had my first run in with this helo's auto rotate.

I shot down the helo with an stinger and it's engine died, but came back to life on the way down. Thought I was going to be cheated out of the kill when it landed on a pointy rock....BOOM!!

Are people having the fps issues with the high end or low end copter? So far none of these problems with the low end for me.

No big loss of frames here too, and I use the highend version. After I shoot them and the autorotation is engaged I lose maybe 5 frames at all for a few seconds.

And let me say too, that's an outstanding piece of work. A real masterpiece so to say, thank you very, very much for them!

The only problem I have is to understand the usage of the scripts like the rapelling and the paradrop script, especially in MP environments.

Or a Mi-2 which would also be very cool!  wow_o.gif >> SF insertions!

Yes I know there are some mi-2 addons!  smile_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Or a Mi-2 which would also be very cool! wow_o.gif >> SF insertions!

Yes I know there are some mi-2 addons! smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

one of which OWP made, you do realise?

Or a Mi-2 which would also be very cool!  wow_o.gif >> SF insertions!

Yes I know there are some mi-2 addons!  smile_o.gif  wink_o.gif

one of which OWP made, you do realise?

lol biggrin_o.gif