Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi - 8 pack v 1.0 relased

These are great. I love the PKM nose turret, perfect for keeping enemy infantry at bay whilst you pick up a surounded squad using the winch biggrin_o.gif

One thing I noticed though was when the winch is being used, if the pilot is killed the chopper stayed in the air at the same height , but turned clockwise slightly. Shouldn't it loose control and crash if the pilot is shot?

Other than that the choppers are great. Took me a bit of time to get all the features to work, but it was worth it smile_o.gif

Finally home and time to try these out...

At first i tried the cokpit view and looked all around and it was bit like a kid in the toy shop... ohhh... ahhh... wow smile_o.gif then on the outside view the ahhs and ohhhs continued... absolutely impressive piece of work.

Also as usual the huge amount of little details, really stunning.

But now i got no time to waste... gotta play with these beautys some more xmas_o.gif

just winched up an enemy squad into the choppers - pure comedy what happens next rofl.gif

This seems to apply to civilian squads as well. Let's just say that my UN helo rescue mission failed tounge2.gif

ohh i discovered a little special in this chopper biggrin_o.gif

When you are pilot press V or numpad 0 and you get a sight thumbs-up.gif really adds immersion to fly around and hunt rebels or americans with the cross hair sight and throwing away pk bullets and stuff yay.gif Very nice feature!

Also came up with another idea for update, what if you could have the script that is with the bas chinooks for attaching yourself with the chopper and then you are in the cargo and when a a.i or your buddy has put the chopper into a hoover and then you release hook and you can move around inside the chopper and open back doors or side doors and fire out wtih your rifle, handgun whatever wink_o.gif then reattach when you need to move the chopper again?

Dunno but i hope in armed assault or game 2 that we will be able to move around inside moving vehicles cargo areas smile_o.gif

WOW notworthy.gif

Thank you very much!

p.s: small bug, the (BIS)Mi17, has exaust covers in distance lod, it doesnt bother me really, but as you created such a work of art im sure you will tounge2.gif

just winched up an enemy squad into the choppers - pure comedy what happens next rofl.gif

This seems to apply to civilian squads as well. Let's just say that my UN helo rescue mission failed tounge2.gif

Haha,what happens? I'm too lazy to check.

Simply outstanding! I was genuinely surprised when I had my first engine failure, and more so when I had my tail rotor put out of action. Also, I love how the co-pilot hops into the hold and waves your passengers towards the door when you're making a paradrop thumbs-up.gif

My god these helos are gorgeous and I'm using the low quality ones smile_o.gif    Awesome weapons, sounds and options!!! All the instruments seem to work like they should.

I could be wrong but these helos seem to border flight sim quality....maybe even surpass it smile_o.gif  

Hehe who knows ya might read about russian pilots being trained with a retail game called ofp ,and these addons.....stranger things have happened tounge2.gif

I think the East finally got themselves a real official retirement of the old BIS Mi-17. smile_o.gif

Way to go, Our Weapons! yay.gif

Very very very nice choppers OWP!! Unbelievably detailed, outstanding scripts and animations!!! I thank you guys sooo much for your work! This brings the balance between West and East in OFP back!!

Ps... easy protection, but effective smile_o.gif Took me a couple of minutes!

Thank you all for a such sweet words and support! You, community, is the reason why we are still working:)

Guest major gandhi

you've done a damn good job. I tried to play a mission with the UN-Mi8 and when I came near to the helicopter I, instead of following the mission, just walked around that bird for more than 15 minutes, watching all the little details and wondered which god can make such a nice modell and textures biggrin_o.gif thank you OWP for this great addon.

Quote[/b] ]

Franze wrote:

I think the East finally got themselves a real official retirement of the old BIS Mi-17.

Way to go, Our Weapons!

Actually since the addon has some kind of lock on it, we cannot use it for unit replacement. So I guess we have to wait for another mi17 addon to use for unit replacement. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Franze wrote:

I think the East finally got themselves a real official retirement of the old BIS Mi-17.

Way to go, Our Weapons!

Actually since the addon has some kind of lock on it, we cannot use it for unit replacement. So I guess we have to wait for another mi17 addon to use for unit replacement. confused_o.gif

It's not a lock and nothing fancy, just a simple implementation to block 'normal' unpackers to be able to unpack them. Do some research and you will find the solution, or even better: Get in Contact with the makers!

Quote[/b] ]It's not a lock and nothing fancy, just a simple implementation to block 'normal' unpackers to be able to unpack them. Do some research and you will find the solution, or even better: Get in Contact with the makers!

I have already rearched and found nothing.  If its a special program I need could you tell me what it is here, so others wont have to send more PMs to the author asking how to unpack this?

I have already tried the pbox tool and that does not work. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] If its a special program I need could you tell me what it is here, so others wont have to send more PMs to the author asking how to unpack this?

I have already tried the pbox tool and that does not work. confused_o.gif

If they've protected their .pbo, there's a reason behind and you have to be sure they won't publicly say you 'how to unpbo it'. I contacted OWP mod's leader and he kindly accepted to send us the (M) MTV, I'd send you its config by pm when I'll get it.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Indeed, if you find out yourself how to do it; it's your responsebility. I am not going to share how to "crack" this, i'm sorry. The author decided to "protect" it, so if you want to unpack it, you either find out yourself or you contact the author.

Btw Thunderbird, you talk so nicely about that the author protected it for his own good reasons... But on the other hand you say you will send a config as soon as you have personally gotten it from the author... huh.gif? You got that authorization or you decided to share that on your own?

Quote[/b] ]But on the other hand you say you will send a config as soon as you have personally gotten it from the author... You got that authorization or you decided to share that on your own?

...for his own use (just the config [model/hiddenselection lines...]), though. 'forgot to mention it in my previous post', I don't see anything of bad to help someone in such a way.

I think OWP mod guys protected their models especially in order to avoid that people would modifie their 'p3d'/'textures' without permission...who really cares about the config (...except total conversion mods : p)

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]But on the other hand you say you will send a config as soon as you have personally gotten it from the author... You got that authorization or you decided to share that on your own?

...for his own use (just the config [model/hiddenselection lines...]), though. 'forgot to mention it in my previous post', I don't see anything of bad to help someone in such a way.

I think OWP mod guys protected their models especially in order to avoid that people would modifie their 'p3d'/'textures' without permission...who really cares about the config (...except total conversion mods : p)

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Weird that not only the models where protected but aswell the configs (and a few more things) smile_o.gif Anyways... not my discussion to make anyways.

@ Dec. 08 2005,13:42)]
who really cares about the config

we cares

Don't take me wrong but I meant 'extra people'.

If someone would like to modifie your HIPs then he'd be for sure focused on your 'Textures & the p3d".

Not the config because he might even use BIS 'class Mi17' by just changing some values in model/hiddenselection lines, it would work, not that efficiently, though, but it would work.

smile_o.gif

In any way, keep up the nice work, Hope you don't expect to even lock the incoming 'general' pack.

: p

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Thank you for this excellent pack, the details of the models and textures are extremly nice, and your focus on details is most welcomed. thumbs-up.gif

OWPMI801b.jpg

OWPMI803b.jpg

I just resized the screens while keeping the aspect ratio, do you think that the shots are out of propotion?

Edit: I play OFP in 1280x800 screen resolution, the size is reduced to 800x500, its the same ratio. So this is basicly how OFP looks on my screen. Interesting thought though, maybe I should switch to a more "normal" screen resolution, so that the screens turn out 800x600, to see if it makes a difference.