Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod Dingo, Unimog and Marder

Just tried the BWMod_Commander mission and got no Marder just to let you know. Is it the mission?

GD Mast

Just tried the BWMod_Commander mission and got no Marder just to let you know.  Is it the mission?

GD Mast

If you tried the converted version of that mission, which was made by me, the reason is that the old SP version of the Marder has been removed in the new MarderPack.

If you want to play these "old" mission, just do the following:

- un-pbo the mission

- open the mission.sqm with the editor or Notepad

- search for "Marder"

- if you find a line "BWMOD_Marder_Milan_SP" delete the "_SP" manually.

- so in the whole mission.sqm there shouldn't be a line containing "BWMOD_Marder_Milan_SP". All the lines should be now "BWMOD_Marder_Milan" or "BWMOD_Marder" if you prefer the version w/o Milan ATGM.

I am not quite sure how many Marders I added to the mission, but if you search correctly for these words the mission should be playable as well.

I will make an update of this because all the BWMod Addons used in this mission are updated now.

The problem is that OFP does not remove all the "needed addons" items from the mission.sqm if you modify it.

Maybe I can do this update today, but I won't promise it.

smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif

Well, I decided not to update this old mission. To create a new one would be much easier and more interesting to play.

I will do that in the future, after finishing the current project.

Will the units also be dressed in winter camo sometimes?

Btw great work as always !

Will the units also be dressed in winter camo sometimes?

Unlikely, as that would require model changes, and that's not gonna take place with our current "placeholder" infantry.

smile_o.gif

Well, I decided not to update this old mission. To create a new one would be much easier and more interesting to play.

I will do that in the future, after finishing the current project.

Beautiful models indeed - but do any missions exist for these as yet?

Much appreciated if someone could post a few links for new (and old) BWMod missions.

I am working on a mission, there's one out since yesterday by Dying, but in german only. Check BWMod HP.

My mission will be situated in english and german, but needs a few days to be completed.

The problem to update old converted missions ist that a lot of addons were updated since that and some config settings are changed. So you would have to re-design the whole work.

It's more than just changing units to keep playability.

Btw, HJL sent us a few converted missions to OFPC.de, but they have a fews bugs concerning missed addons.

You will need parts of old BWMod Demo 1.3 which is out of service a long time.

If you want to try HJL's converted missions download them here.

smile_o.gif

@Clausewitz - many thanks fella. I'll keep an eye open for your mission as well. You'll be posting it on this thread I imagine?

Cheers

When it's finished I will hand over the mission to the BWMod team and it will be announced here as well, yes.

But the mission is not specific to Marder, Dingo and Unimog, not to say too much in advance. You won't miss it when ready.

wink_o.gif

That doesn't matter. If it uses anything from this excellent mod I'll be happy! thumbs-up.gif

well basic pack is unique,because i get killed for friendly killing the gamelogic?!

rofl.gif

any fix to this problem? sad_o.gif

anyways these are so cool,my next mission will be with those packs. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

problem was that:

i destroyed ORCS t80UM and then i got shot by my own men.

and in debriefing the stats showed that i had friendly killed gamelogic!

Hi. Does anyone know where to find an addon called 'SA13s'?

I've just tried to play a few old BWmod games and they all ask for this (unfortunately it's not in my mod folder).

Thanks!

Well, this is part of the old BWMod Demo 1.3.

If you don't find this single addon, just d/l the whole stuff and extract the needed addons from.

BWMod Demo 1.3 (78 MB)

But the Demo ist not compatible to the current addons of BWMod, so only use the needed files like SA13 or whatever ist needed, otherwise nothing will run.

I asked HJL to fix this, but until yet I didn't get an update to host.

problem was that:

i destroyed ORCS t80UM and then i got shot by my own men.

and in debriefing the stats showed that i had friendly killed gamelogic!

Are you sure you didn't had any ORCS BMP1(UP) versions in your mission?I'm always shot by my own troops when I destroy that Bmp.

Anyway great news that more detailed troops are in work. smile_o.gif

Is it just me, or doesnt the optics for the weapons work on the Dingo??

Had the same problem with the fennek..

dingo and fennek are car classes : optics are not possible.

and we dont want the gunner rotating inside the vehicle.

well, actually they're possible, just not placeable - i.e they'll always be located at the same position as the gunner's eyes - obviously with the weapon the dingo uses, this is a bit pointless.

had the same problem with our stuff - bloody annoying to try and make it look good, or usuable by Human players sad_o.gif

it has become a tradition to just say : in ArmA it will be possoble wink_o.gif .Of course Messiah is right.

There are two possibilities:

a) the one we choosed

b) the gunner would rotate with the mounted weapon, which looks stupid.

So place a AI Gunner, thats our recommendation.

Sorry the german army has a lot of vehicles that are in the same way difficult to realize in OFP. (i.e. Luchs, Fuchs , Boxer)