Sign in to follow this  
majoris

ACU Uniforms

Ill be honest, green uniforms (solid green) seem to break up and conceal outlines better than the ACU or BDU- but I guess folks will have to wear what they are told to.

-Breaker Out

oh really?? I guess that's why 99.9% of the world is using camouflage uniforms instead icon_rolleyes.gif

I can't say much about the ACU, but BDU and CADPAT/MARPAT sure work a lot better that just plain OD-green.

Ill be honest, green uniforms (solid green) seem to break up and conceal outlines better than the ACU or BDU- but I guess folks will have to wear what they are told to.

-Breaker Out

oh really?? I guess that's why 99.9% of the world is using camouflage uniforms instead icon_rolleyes.gif

Many countries are still using OD among them one of the biggest military's in the world:

jericho_CP_june3_2002.jpg

So there goes your 99.9% icon_rolleyes.gif My guess would be that about 20% of the soldiers in the world is still using OD but I could be wrong wink_o.gif

Well, I still have a harder time picking out a solid color than a repetitive pattern from behind concealment.

Once you look at BDU pattern long enough, it becomes recognizeable.

-Breaker Out

My experience of going from OG to DPM is that the Camouflage pattern works better at fooling the eye when moving, and while the Green uniforms used to blend into tree trunks wonderfully they reflected light very easily and generally had to be filthy and or stationary to be effective.

Back on topic, can OFP really recreate the Optical trickery of Digital patterns?

Especially ARPATs colour changing

-Breaker Out

Many countries are still using OD among them one of the biggest military's in the world:

img]http://www.palestinemonitor.org/Prevention%20to%20treatment/jericho_CP_june3_2002.jpg[/img]

So there goes your  99.9% icon_rolleyes.gif My guess would be that about 20% of the soldiers in the world is still using OD but I could be wrong  wink_o.gif

Isreal's main reason to use the green uniforms is because the enemy is using all sorts of camouflage uniforms. The green makes it easy to recognize one of their own. And since the main conflicts are urban, they don't really need camouflage.

But Isreal does have a wide range of camouflage uniforms and stuff for it's recon and sniper teams.

no it cant

but its hard to make out the acu in ofp specially in arid areas

but only if the sunlight isnt too bright

eg at 6 mourning or 6 pm

then it purfectly blends in

anyother daytime its just a lime green blotch

marpat is better then acu i think

but acu seem to adapt its colors to teh surrounding area ive

been told

ive been talkin about ofp breaker44

it cant really simulate the effect that acu uses smile_o.gif

as i said ive been todl it works good in rl

though the colors seem bit arkward to me

HELLO goodnight.gif I really need this addon confused_o.gifsad_o.gif

Assuming you are talking about Kman's troops. This is why you won't get any mirrors:

Quote[/b] ]Its a BETA exclusive for the org, leave it there.

KMan doesn't want it mirrored so respect his wishes.

Maybe next time read the whole topic first...

You have a small blood texture bug with the legs.

The pocket sticks out with no blood on it...and it doesnt look like the blood colour on the upper body matches the legs.

Just a nitpick.

Good addon though...nice job. smile_o.gif

@ Canadian Terror - the owner isn't reading this thread I don't think - better to post on the OpFlash.org forum.

Btw, are real life APC crew and pilots getting this camo as well? I imagine they are, but I'll check JIC.

Quote[/b] ]better to post on the OpFlash.org forum.

Post there?  crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

There's nothing wrong with teh .org, d00d! biggrin_o.gif

I am a proud member of that forum! Haha! tounge2.gif

Yeh, KMan is updating his and i saw another guy making his own - a retexture of Laser's or HYK's infantry i think.

Offtopic: Canadian terror doesn't like the org because he said silly things on it and jim didn't like it.

Ranger Bob

- you didn't see those other ones in the Photography centre did you? If so - they were my own hopeless retextures  smile_o.gif  - but mine are fairly dodge, and I'm currently waiting until an update of the infantry comes out so I can borrow some textures from there.

Quote[/b] ]Offtopic: Canadian terror doesn't like the org because he said silly things on it and jim didn't like it.

Actually what happened was that your guy (Jim?) was trashing IMUC's work (it was an alpha newspost pic even) in a pretty unfair way and i told him he was "incorrect" in his way of doing it. Listing off a soldier addons pieces one by one and putting "ok" or "shit" beside it is a bit dumb and disrespectful.

"the org" is full of people who post such things as "that rox doOd" and other helpful things like "that's f'ckn shite man"

No thanks...

EDIT: That fact that you think "I" was the silly one says a lot about your lack of non-biased judgement though. icon_rolleyes.gif

Looking very nice DLEM. And Kmans are good too.

CanadianTerror, Jim or Force Recon is a good dude, I read that thread and I believe he was just giving constructive critisism (ever heard of it? you seemed to have just given some earlier in this thread) on IMUC's work, and he did know what he was talking about. He gives me constructive critisisim on my stuff all the time. It makes better and more realistic addons.

And all the "Leet" type talk like "that rox doOd" on the org is just for fun, and its making fun of all the people who actually think its cool. No one on the org is actually serious when they say that kinda stuff.

And I cant comment on the "that's f'ckn shite man" because I dont think Ive ever seen a member on the org post something like that.

So to wrap it up, Yes you are a silly one for not being able to realise these things.