Sign in to follow this  
majoris

ACU Uniforms

uuum guuuys, my comment was just a joke. Please stay on topic. Some of you really take things too close to heart, or really want to show off your knowledges, esp STGN. You win. M16 is THE best weapon of all time. In fact all coutries should stop developing weapons all together and buy M16. Can we please get back to the ACU? Or this thread will be locked i tellz u.

Guest RKSL-Rock
uuum guuuys, my comment was just a joke. ...Can we please get back to the ACU? Or this thread will be locked i tellz u.

LOL ok going back on topic with the orginal question i was going to ask...

...Why do the US need so many camo schemes?  It must be costing them a fortune when most countries make do with 2 or 3 max for all the services?  It seems like they let a fashion designer loose in the Pentagon.  Is there any actual official reasons for all the different schemes?

Well the ACU is replacing the Woodland AND the desert tri-color uniforms of the U.S. Army....must be cheaper to manufacture one uniform instead of two.... huh.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Well the ACU is replacing the Woodland AND the desert tri-color uniforms of the U.S. Army....must be cheaper to manufacture one uniform instead of two.... huh.gif

Yeah but it seems like there is a different pattern for each service...USAF, USN, Marines & Army or have i missed something?

I ddin't want to show of knowlege In fact i tried to make my statements as simple as I could but when people acuse me of reading up a Colt comercial/ignoring facts I get alittle irretated.

Year I like the AR15 for the little I have handled it and for the lot I have read about it and other weapons.

But year if mony is most important factor then the Ak problery wins.

sad_o.gif

I could do with out the stupid comments though.

STGN

An M16 with a stock like the M4, so it can be shortened, would be better than an M4 in my opinion.

Im not getting back into the old pointless M16 vs. The World argument, but I thought Id just point out that the Canadian army tried to do this with their C7s for the C7A2 program, they found however that a long rifle with a short buttstock made for a rather unbalanced weapon. They ended up making putting SFW barrels on them to make a shorter overall weapon.

Getting back on topic, I tried those beta ACU soldiers on the Opflash forum. I tested the camo in desert, urban, winter and woodland areas. I found it was excelent in desert and urban areas, mediocre in winter areas, and useless in the woodlands.

the US still doesnt have as many camo schemes as the russians.... 10 russian soldiers are likely to be sporting 10 different camos at any given time...

BTW, does the US Navy have its own camo scheme now? Are the Seals going to go with that or marpat or what?

the US still doesnt have as many camo schemes as the russians.... 10 russian soldiers are likely to be sporting 10 different camos at any given time...

BTW, does the US Navy have its own camo scheme now? Are the Seals going to go with that or marpat or what?

The US Navy use a blue variant of woodland which is being substituted by a blue MARPAT. Don't know what SEALs will do.

STGN

The US Navy use a blue variant of woodland which is being substituted by a blue MARPAT. Don't know what SEALs will do.

STGN

SEALs will use whatever is suited to their current mission (as they do now).

And it goes on and on... whistle.gif

True, can anyone remember what this thread was originally about before we started talking about M16s and Russians?! rofl.gif

I like these uniforms, they're pretty dang good for a beta release. Are they based off of Safetycatch's marines??

I also love the optional scrim....it's so Canadian looking tounge2.gif

Thanks, they're based off the BIS civilian model. Some parts look the same as the Marines because they share some models and textures from Hyakushiki's soldiers.

Well this addon better be released post-beta soon because in about 5 years I have a feeling some General in the Pentagon will want to standardise all uniforms of the US armed services

Yeah, I hope someone's working on it. Btw, did anyone try and contact SSGN from that ofp.info link to see if he was still going to release his version? I can't remember if I sent him an email or not, though if I did I haven't gotten a reply.

i'm going to give some of you civies some knowledge on the ACU because i now wear it everyday. these uniforms will be used primarily in desert/urban operations, where cover and concealment is about getting behind a building or a car. will you use this uniform for recon operations? probaly not. does it matter when you are on patrol in iraq or afghanistan? hell no!

it all boils down to what mission you are conducting. when i was in iraq, we wore our BDU's on some dismounted night missions because at night (depending on the moonlight) your DCU's could stick out like a sore thumb, but BDU's provided the concealment that you needed when laying in a overwatch position looking at a bridge for a number of hours , so we wore them. would you wear ACU's in the jungle doing a recon mission? no, it's just too light to me. it is all about common sense and the ACU has no affect on operations in iraq and afghanistan because of the nature of the mission.

Same thing when I was in sector. When they did dismount missions, they put on the BDUs, then wore DCUs on regular patrol. Oh yeah, they wore woodland camoed IBAs, so it didn't matter if you wore an orange jumpsuit, they could still see you.

But I started wearing the ACUs today though, stringy but comfortable..

B 1/40 FA (BCT) Fort Sill, 13F

I'm in training to become a Drill Sergeant, but right now it's not looking good due to PT right now.

Them PT tests can be a bitch...

Yeah, I dunno, the ACU is an ugly $#!t if you ask me, but nobody has asked me, so...

-Breaker Out

@breaker44

"I quote latin stuff because it makes me sound more intellegent"

Intelligent, with an i wink_o.gif

It's a joke- meant to parody latin nerds. I'll fix it.

Howsabout them ACU's?

-Breaker Out

ah, OK I thought it might be on purpose but I wasn`t sure.. smile_o.gif

About the ACU, I don`t know... If it can save lives on the battleground I suppose it`s good.

Ill be honest, green uniforms (solid green) seem to break up and conceal outlines better than the ACU or BDU- but I guess folks will have to wear what they are told to.

-Breaker Out