Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Los Alias island

Not much yet, but I'll post more screenshots within the week.  Here is a small little preview image with Keg's DXDLL reflective water, a bright streetlamp and the reflexion of my buildings....  I still need to make some more skyscrapers to take full screnshots.

LosAlias1.jpg

What is Los Alias island?  An island made of nothing but city.  No hills, no trees, nothing but high rise buildings.  I'm not really have any troube at all with the Geo LOD.  I just make a bunch of smaller ones for the big big buildings with multiple components.  And it works fine.  The island should come with a custom mission, set in the future.

I'm still making Coruscant as well... The NSC troops are not finalized yet, but they will be fun.

Release date should be december.

Wow, looks georgeous man. Loving that unit, please tell me he's OFP. Doesnt look it huh.gif , but would be great if it was

Hows it handle lag wise?

No that's not an ingame unit..but I just finished that guys helmet  (I'm not sure how  did it, but I managed to pull it off)

This will actually be my first UNIT addon... which is scary.

This is the unit you see in the screenshot.  He looks so badass.  I just had to try and make him.  Placebo would tear me a new one if I did it with IMG tags

http://www.natick.army.mil/soldier/media/photo/ffw/fwc1_lg.jpg

But that's the guy.

If anybody could help me with him, that would be great. (you can see here that I need it) :P

helm2.jpg

So far I have tested it with tons of buildings with no lag, but that's because the building models have only 5 faces, but the textures are high quality.

He's ingame now, just gotta make the armor and he'll be ready to ship smile_o.gif

AAT.jpg

I think the helmet needs stretching vertically a bit. Right now it looks a bit abnormal to me tounge2.gif , no offense to your modelling skills i know its difficult as hell to get these curves and ratios right.

Progress

AAT3.jpg

AAT4.jpg

I know some parts look wierd, I know, I'll fix it smile_o.gif

dualwield.jpg

Dual wielding action!

Well, in a way it'll be more of an effect. I'm going to use OFP Anim so that he can run and shoot at the same time, but two hands will be sticking outward, but close together.

For the gun model there will be two in one p3d, and they are close together. Then add 2 muzzle flashes instead of one, put the properties dot in the center of both, then I'll configure the CPP to be twice as many bullets in the clip, a faster firing rate and a more unaccurate disperse of bullets to give the addon a dual-wield effect smile_o.gif

Looks great! i love the dark futeristic atmosphere you got in thous pics! Sort of wants me to make a '1984' (the book) mission. Also love the idea of dual wield weapons biggrin_o.gif . Is there any plans for enterble buildings? and maybe muildings connected by walk ways, hey might as well throw a tram system in too tounge2.gif

I reworked the entire lower portion and some upper portions of the Natick Soldier, and the results were well beyond what I had hoped for.

This is the updated Natick Soldier helmet. Next screenshots should be the soldier in his full body suit, which is what I'm really looking forward to seeing myself wink_o.gif

NatickSoldier.jpg

Looks really cool , but me it reminds on G-Police wink_o.gifwink_o.gifwink_o.gif Do you guys still know that game?? Cool Trooper SpecOp9 !!

Updates...

This mod is instead being made on ArmA's engine.  Sorry OFP folks sad_o.gif

LowRes.jpg

LowRes2.jpg

LowRes3.jpg

LowRes4.jpg

You can find more info on www.arma.dk

Arma engine,but..huh? i dont understand...

btw.Whats with your sig and avatar?they look...interesting...

wow_o.gif

But, two questions... well, probobaly more tounge2.gif

1, http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/SpecOp9/LowRes3.jpg : Is that a working model in OFP??! If so, thats one of the best textured models I've seen for OFP..

2, when you say your making this for ArmA's engine, do you mean your making it usign OFP just now, but making it, erm.. better optimized for ArmA? (I.e higher poly count/higher res textures), or did you manage to aquire ArmA? tounge2.gif

Anyway, good luck with the mod

- Ben

As of right now, no, they are static models. I still have ways to go to get them moving around in OFP. Knowing that the mod has it's own animations, every unit will need to be based on those particular animations, and not the original BIS animations.