Sign in to follow this  
Gökhan - OFP TURKISH UNION

Faun Franziska SLT56 v3.0

Very nice stuff notworthy.gif! This is super and amazing.

As for the scripts, will they be open source (meaning every one is free to use) because I had the same thing going on for a other mod (the drive-by) but it failed since it was for a chopper class and I couldn't perfect it.

@The bridge problem: Well maybe you could just make it so that another check, checks for the height of the trailer. Because I know that if you Setpos a vehicle with +13 on the bridge in Nogova the vehicle will be perfectly on the bridge.

So maybe you could make the trailer check for an if height is greater then 10 it executes the setPos +13.

I'm not sure how this will work ingame but it sounds workable.

But, it will only work for Nogova then.

Well please let me hear smile_o.gif.

wow....im just shocked. it's amazing how many engine limitations the community has broken. i've longed for this one a long time and finally it's been broken! when you release this is it possible to incorporate this into other addonsshifty.gifblues.gif

Pretty nice idear to modify your SLT56.

You've huge plans of modifying and I hope you are able to release this modifications as told as before.

Nice idear of a SFOR-Version.

But pretty nicer would be a BW (German Armed Forces) Version. I'll hope you've planned (or perhaps working on) that.

Thanks for upcomming version

greetings from gernany Olav

Greetings! smile_o.gif

Sorry for delay. We're really busy nowadays.

THANKS for your nice words guys!

@scousejedi

Apparently it seems like an old M60 of ours as far as I'm concerned. English translation of the text is as follows;

"This tank is both an example and symbol of Turkish bravery and courage. This tank which belongs to special forces, that was commissioned to flank the enemy, has fulfilled it's duty by passing over steep and hard terrain, in the battles of Lapta. But then it was destroyed by enemy fire and remained here since."

This scene is very important because the terrain where the tank reached is madly steep. It's almost impossible to arrive there by even today's tanks with cutting-edge technology. It's beyond steepness... But if you "believe" why not?!

@Kaitnieks

Of course, scripts will be open source. We support Ofp community at any cost. Crediting is enough. Besides we don't use closed formats such as config.bin or such stuff.

@Olav Johanson

Actually, we didn't plan to make German Armed Forces version of our truck but if someone intends to modify ours to do this, he/she is welcome. Crediting is enough as I said above.

btw: Greetings to Germany smile_o.gif

Stay Tuned!

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

I committed my military service in northern cyprus as well!

Gokhan

I wonder if I ever saw you on the buffer zone?

@tankieboy

I was always in Kyrenia during my military service. Never gone to buffer zone... So you were there?

Incidentally, we plan to exterminate some bugs of Franziska and then shoot a video. So releasing the video will take at least a week.

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

lol all about farmagusta  biggrin_o.gif (stayed at the Paradise Beach hotel on N.cyprus near the barracks)

So releasing the video will take at least a week.

Then don't bother with the video  tounge2.gif

SWIFT88 posted on Nov. 09 2005,02:09

Quote[/b] ]stayed at the Paradise Beach hotel on N.cyprus near the barracks

mmm quality... To confess, I haven't experienced such beauties of cyprus. confused_o.gif you know, military service...

Mr Reality posted on Nov. 09 2005,16:00

Quote[/b] ]Then don't bother with the video

As you wish LoLL smile_o.gif

Gökhan

@tankieboy

I was always in Kyrenia during my military service. Never gone to buffer zone... So you were there?

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

Yeah. Nicosia, early 90's on the line and late 90's Ledra Palace. Both six month tours with the UN. Beautiful country despite the politics.

Really looking forward to this addon and the possibles it will open in OFP.

Sorry for the offtopic but i've a tale to tell about Nicosia. I was there in the early 90s and while drinking in a bar in the Cypriot side i fancied a shit, but there was one small problem. i had to ask this gorgeous barmaid for the toilet paper as they kept it behind the bar. Suffice to say i didn't try to chat her up afterwards whistle.gif . And i thought the Turkish side was supposed to be the underdeveloped one crazy_o.gif

Guys, get ready for a big big big surprise! I can't talk about it right now but this will turn the place upside down.

yay.gif

Stay Tuned!

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

I KNOW I'M PUMPED! yay.gif

we'd better hang out around the topic. but as a final reply;

Mr Reality posted on Nov. 10 2005,18:41

Quote[/b] ]Sorry for the offtopic but i've a tale to tell about Nicosia. I was there in the early 90s and while drinking in a bar in the Cypriot side i fancied a shit, but there was one small problem. i had to ask this gorgeous barmaid for the toilet paper as they kept it behind the bar. Suffice to say i didn't try to chat her up afterwards   . And i thought the Turkish side was supposed to be the underdeveloped one

I'm sad to hear this man. You know, there are incidents and some may cause you feel this way even in your own country. Don't let them to make you generalize the things. I think that was an incident at all. I know you are an educated person and paying attention to our stuff. I understand you.

In our culture, there is no such thing man! It's so weird keeping toilet paper behind the bar. This is not something of our culture. Besides, believe me there are suckers in every country... Those can't make your side "the underdeveloped one" wink_o.gif

Let's get back to the topic; the surprise remains uncovered yet we're proud to announce that we reduced CPU cycles needed to run Franziska with its trailer. Now its quite optimized.

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

Sorry for the offtopic but i've a tale to tell about Nicosia. I was there in the early 90s and while drinking in a bar in the Cypriot side i fancied a shit, but there was one small problem. i had to ask this gorgeous barmaid for the toilet paper as they kept it behind the bar. Suffice to say i didn't try to chat her up afterwards  whistle.gif . And i thought the Turkish side was supposed to be the underdeveloped one  crazy_o.gif

LoL at the turkish side you have a chance that you could not find toiletpaper even behind the bar only water  rofl.gif  biggrin_o.gif j/k

Sorry to go offtopic

Ontopic looking forward guys to the big suprise wink_o.gif

Perhaps adding it in the menu of the Franziska...

"Get ToiletPaper"

Just to show the Turks have their shit together.

Now we've a script expert. Our new member who had worked for some major mods around joined us last week. Nowadays he's improving scripts of Franziska. We somehow succeed in passing over the bridge in Nogova. It isn't final though. wink_o.gif

@Extraction

I can't believe what you sayin, brother! crazy_o.gif Couple of months ago, I stayed there for a while after my military service, went to numerous cafe's, bars, restaurants and hotels. Of course its past might be different however to tell the truth, it's quite modern and comfortable now. There is no toilet paper problem or something similar there. wink_o.gif Indeed if you visit Northern Cyprus nowadays you also agree with me that it's so ridiculous to hear such words smile_o.gif

Please don't insist on keeping this thread off-topic. I request you not to reply about your precious ideas about Northern Cyprus anymore.

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

I found a new job. A real-life job I mean smile_o.gif I barely find spare time to focus on our mod nowadays. Other members working on it though. Most of the jobs done. Thanks for your interest and patience. Hope you like it...

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

(sorry for DP)

so how's it coming? I dont want to bug anyone, but I am really looking forward to this addon smile_o.gif

@dabitup

No worries man. Now passing over Nogova bridge is not problem functionally but aesthetically. We must polish this more or release the addon together with a custom bug-free bridge.

Stay tuned and be patient wink_o.gif

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod