Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]You can't include 2 different parachutes to various units, unless if they aren't from the same side.

I hope you choose the hemispherical one which is the real for plane eject. We can use other addon for commandos use.

A good thing ll be remplacing the chopper eject by a surviving crash... (sorry for my very bad english confused_o.gif )

I'm pretty sure that's already in it... if you are not flying that too high and aren't blown up by the AA hit, sometimes you survive. I was playing a map that I had been messing around with in the editor when it happened, a Mi-24 was flying not too high above the ground and was hit by a AA. The engine died but the helichopter itself was not destroyed. I trashed into the ground but did not explode and the two pilots jumped out.

I'm not sure how survivable a helichopter crash is, but I remember watching a video of a Mi-24 getting hit by a Igla in Chechnya. From what I saw the engine was taken out, but it didn't fall out of the sky like a rock, instead, it autorotated down to the ground.

I don't think that the autorotating thing exists if that's what you mean.

Can anyone explain why "this inflame=true" no longer works in FFUR?

wrong smile_o.gif it does work smile_o.gif

ecp has that script:)

i have ecp and ffur and it is possible to rotate crash smile_o.gif

called "tale rotor failure" or something.

but in ecp it doesnt happen alot... a rotate crash

but with the chinook it will come the fastest smile_o.gif i was shot by a shilka and i rotated tounge2.gif very annoying

ps. it this inflame true

no = needed smile_o.gif

Yeah, I can autorotate too. When you take enough damage so that the rotors stop in midair, I press Z (as in decrease height) and my rotors keep turning (though if you let go, or try to go up, the rotors stop again). Once you touch the ground, the engine stops and never starts up again. Works beautifully, I might add - saved my skin in many situations.

wrong smile_o.gif it does work smile_o.gif

ecp has that script:)

i have ecp and ffur and it is possible to rotate crash smile_o.gif

called "tale rotor failure" or something.

but in ecp it doesnt happen alot... a rotate crash

but with the chinook it will come the fastest smile_o.gif i was shot by a shilka and i rotated tounge2.gif very annoying

ps. it this inflame true

no = needed smile_o.gif

it doesn't exist in FFUR2006 though, right?

Autorrotation exists in all helos in OFP, and nicely modelled I have to say.

It was a surprise to find this on such a sim, while even the Flight Simulator 2004 fails on this.

I think Ive mentioned this before, but I think I should raise it again since it was still unchanged in 06. All A-10s now have a grey camo since the mid 1990s. The Green one is out of date, would you be able to replace? Hate to be like a pin, but for realisms sake confused_o.gif

This should not be a trouble since on the same add on used to replace BIS A-10, the excellent A-10 by Diesel, you have a grey version of the same model.

Anyway I do not think this is a major factor on the gameplay here, you can see as good a green one than a grey one on OFP.

You can always dowload the excellent A-10 by Diesel that incorporates several version grey and green and with different weapons configurations. It works flawessly in FFUR

If the modern A-10 is grey the default A-10 should be grey in FFUR. Rather simple. The best thing about FFUR is not the effects, animations, etc (although they're great), it's that the vehicles and units are ultra-realistic, accurate, and modern.

while we waiting for the patch,

could you release some photos ? {futuring the tanguska and the new west AA ,T-90 & 80's and Res rmor etc.}

icon_rolleyes.gif

@Benus, I was just looking the Steyr AUG optic. As far as I know, theres no crosshairs in the optic, just the small circle in the centre (which is meant to be the size of a head at 300m I think) Also, Im not sure if there are the large dials at the side of scope (I held one once and I didnt notice them)

f62d0353.jpg

Tnx for the pictures benus smile_o.gif

I like the skull on the T-90 but it is to close to the green X. maybe if somebody have some spare time he could move it a bit {but that's just me} icon_rolleyes.gif

Could you show us more photos please ? rofl.gif

Really nice tank there smile_o.gif

But would a resistance movement be equipped with such advanced gear? huh.gif

Thats a stolen/recovered T-90.

Just like the stolen T-72 and T-80 from the campaign.

Thats what the green stripe means. This would be the 2006 version.

I know what the green stripe (and 'FIA'wink_o.gif means... Still... Would a resistance movement have the competence to operate such an advanced weapon system?

Kinda like seeing Mehdi Militia rolling through Saddam City in a stolen US M1A2 crazy_o.gifhuh.gif

Who's to say the tank operators aren't former Russian military?

Its not 100% infallible, but who cares? Its still just a game...

Who would believe a solider could drive a truck, get out, hop in a helicopter, fly to another airbase, jump in an A10, drop mulitple bombs on an armoured convoy, land back at base, then hold off a counter-attack using advanced AT weaponry - yet most do that in OFP a lot...get over it.

I know what the green stripe (and 'FIA'wink_o.gif means... Still... Would a resistance movement have the competence to operate such an advanced weapon system?

Kinda like seeing Mehdi Militia rolling through Saddam City in a stolen US M1A2  crazy_o.gif   huh.gif

I lost a good tanker buddy to the insurgents man. They exploded one IED, then they moved out of the way, then he took another IED at ground zero (three to five 155mm rounds).What the Iraqis lack technologically, they don't skimp on ingenuity sometimes. But that's besides the point, even though mujadeen rebels were firing "advanced" Stingers at Russians back in the 80s. It doesn't take much to train them.

Quote[/b] ]Would a resistance movement have the competence to operate such an advanced weapon system?

My wife is training me to use this thing called a "vacuum"

I dunno...its beyond me though. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Would a resistance movement have the competence to operate such an advanced weapon system?

My wife is training me to use this thing called a "vacuum"

I dunno...its beyond me though.  crazy_o.gif

ROFL... rofl.gif

"know what the green stripe (and 'FIA'wink_o.gif means... Still... Would a resistance movement have the competence to operate such an advanced weapon system?

Kinda like seeing Mehdi Militia rolling through Saddam City in a stolen US M1A2 crazy_o.gifhuh.gif"

Poorly armed rebel groups are more likely to steal their enemies' superior weapons and vehicles than not. For example, the Bosniaks and Croats wouldn't have even been able to fight the Serbs if they hadn't captured so many friggin Serb tanks and APC's.

Though you are right on one point, it is very difficult (and thus uncommon) for rebels to pull this sort of thing off on superpowers like Russia, America, India, or China.

So how do you explain the FIA's possession of such advanced systems. Perhaps they were sold to them by Russia. This scenario fits well if you pit the resistance against the US. Or maybe the resistance is fully or partly made up of disaffected Russian military, now fighting for the seccession of their autonomous republic from the Russian federation. They would have T-80's for the same reason California would have M1A2's in the event of its secession (do it California, do it!wink_o.gif.

So it is not so far fetched or impossible to imagine. Probable even.

Back on topic, I want screenies.