Sign in to follow this  
Sudden Death

OFP Mission-Database´ "Mission of the week"

Thank you for this nice review.

This mission has subtitles not only in German langage, but in English,French,Italian and Spanish too (according to the langage you set for your OFP)

And thanks again for this mission database in which i discovered some really good missions and campaigns i never heard about icon14.gif

Our today's "Mission of the week" is a rather old but also fine one. We're talking about "Deep Water" by The-Architect.

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226....mg]

Quote[/b] ]

I recommend this mission in any case. It is cliff-hanging and atmospheric and ties you for hours. Even if a tactic didn’t work you will start all over again trying a second one. I recommend this mission for everybody that likes some stealth action. For everybody that likes to shoot everything in a mission, I don’t recommend this mission.

You can read an extend review by following this link!

Comments and reviews are welcome!!

That czech community members make outstanding missions for OFP is an open secret, since "Hawk in Nets" from Munch Studios won the BIS Mission Contest in 2004. Now there is a further highlight for you. Gaia makes a mission of Top quality in co-operation with evenly that Munch Studios.

wtwe_poster_small.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Playing the mission was like a Hollywood motion picture film was coming to my OFP. I was always looking for my popcorn. Extensive Briefing! Great story! Great atmosphere! Great effects! Great conversion! Simply a mission of top quality! For me even a favourite for the title "mission of the year 2006"!

My Rating: <span style='color:red'>10 of 10 points</span> for this highlight at the OFP-sky!

The complete review and many screenshots you´ll find in our database! Have fun!

wow, that mission poster already deserves some praise

how did you edit the shadow effect on the faces? looks amazing

You need some new good stuff for your OFP? Mandoble did give us the newest version of his Operation Urup campaign and 23-down wrote the review to it.

urup06_small.jpg urup07_small.jpg urup08_small.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Story:

On the 19th of august 1991 members of the communist system tried to abolish Gorbachows system of the sowjet politics, of the cahnge and the open up for other countries. The goal of this was to claim full power about moscow.

On the 21th of august 1991 the plan already went wrong. The coup collapsed as fast as he has been planned. Some of the sowjet generals involved in this coup have been executed at place some others have been sentenced to be life long prison immates.

On the 6th of May 1994 this General escaped the prison with his loyal men. He made his way to a russian port where he stole a boat fully equipped with military material.

23-down wrote an extensive review to it and rated this campaign with 8 of 10 points

Read the review

Thanks for the review.

I would like to add a small clarification, Urup island (part of the Kuril islands) is Kolgujev, Nogova is Nogova at the end of the campaign and Sakhalin penninsula at the intro.

Our today's "Mission of the Week" is a Genre - Mix out of many different stiles and mission, that ahave already been tested here. We're talking about South of Heaven by Klavan.

soh17aa.th.jpgsoh23lf.th.jpgsoh33kh.th.jpg

The mission has been rated with 8 of 10 Points.

How this rating is justified you can read in the test report!

Thank you for the nice review, I'm glad you liked the mission. yay.gif

One thing: could you please change the name of the author? Alessio is my real name but i would prefer to see my nickname instead.

Thank you again.

Klavan

Our Community-Member Jarky took a closer look on "Operation Cayus" also known as "Littlebirds Demo Mission".

Quote[/b] ]Story:

In "Operation Cayus" you have to rescue a microbiologist, captured and held by russian troops. In order to release him out of his prison three Ranger squads are deployed to the scenery via littlebird. One of the squad leaders is the player itsself.

cayus01small6ix.jpg cayus02small2de.jpg cayus03small1as.jpg

This mission is a rather old one. Why you should play this mission you can read in Jarky´s Test report!

With a little delay of about one week because of my personal duties we present you a new "Mission of the week"

As apart of his campaign "Operation Urup 2.0" geplant, this mission by [royalblue]Mandoble[/royalblue] has gotten to a standalone project itself. We took a close look on the released version.

forest_01_small.jpg forest_02_small.jpg forest_03_small.jpg

Quote[/b] ]With the help of some of his own scripts and with the drop function of OFP Mandoble really knows how to create an atmosphere that is really scary. Who wants to pontentiate tis feeling should not play this mission before 10.00 p.m, switch his light off and putting the volume to a maximum. But do not blame me if you can’t sleep afterwards.

Of course this is no OFP mission wea re used to. But the story is told in an exciting way and its atmosphere is also giving it the feeling of a scary movie. I recommend it to all that like a little bit of horror, and that want a little change in their OFP world - <span style='color:darkred'>7 of 10 possible Points</span> To the test report!

Thanks! biggrin_o.gif

I have to say I played this mission, too, and I thought there was a great atmosphere back in it. The whole story thing a little bit freaky (in a positive way;)) but always worth the download and the playtime.

Regards

Vyruz

Very original and well done, congratulations Mandoble icon14.gif

One of the most atmospheric mission i ever played with OFP

Today we got something for the fans of Tonali Island. Nominesine released his nice and fine campaign called "CryHavoc", being the sequel to his BlueSkies campaign. You don't have to play it beforehand in order to understand everything.

cryhavoc01_small.jpg cryhavoc02_small.jpg cryhavoc03_small.jpg

Quote[/b] ]With only six mission this campaign is a short but good one. The peak is the last mission with a lot of fights between your team and the rebels. Unfortunately nominesine had no possibility to get all the voice samples in best quality. Because of this some voices sound a little bit strange. The size of the download because of Tonal is a little bit too much for a campaign of only six missions. Despite of all this I can recommend this missions not only for Tonal fans but for all.

The whole test report and the final rating you can read here!

After a long while without any tested mission we present you the next " Mission of the week" Landing at Lamentin by [yellow]Limmy3[/yellow].

The mission was rated with [red]7 of 10[/red] points. How this rating is justified you can read when you go on here

Our today's "Mission of the Week" is a Multiplayer mission. [yellow]23 - down[/yellow] and a friend took a closer look on the Coop mission [red]Fireside[/red] by [navy]AK - Chester[/navy].

Fireside1_small.jpg Fireside2_small.jpg Fireside3_small.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

The story of this coop mission by AK-Chester is told very quick. You are a pilot and you have to recapture the southern part of Sarugao. Therefore you will take V-80 choppers. You and your three wingman have also the possibility to call in some air support, but later more to this.

[yellow]23 - down[/yellow] rated this mission with [red]6 of 10[/red] possible points. To the Testreport.

Today we got another MP - Mission for you. 23-down tested the MP - mission "Sabotage" by AK-Chester and wrote a little testreport.

sabotage01_small.jpg sabotage02_small.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

Story:

As a three man team you jump out of a plane over Sarugao at the darkest night. Your tasks are simple. Infiltrate an American base, steal confidential documents, and blow up an important refueling station includig its nearby vehicles.

6 of 10 possible points does 23 - down give for this well made MP - mission. To the testreport.

Our todays "Mission of the Week" leads you straight in the last months of the Vietnam war. Warrior X kidnapped M-E and put him into the hell of the war in south east Asia.

TLIV_Bild2.jpgTLIV_Bild1.jpgTLIV_Bild3.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

Story:

Vietnam, somewhere in the jungle where Charlie settled. One single Huey lands in a US Special Forces camp and John Rooster sets a foot onto the sandy ground. This is alos the place where he will remain his last days in Vietnam, in order to return back home after some months or to get killed in the huge jungle by a single AK fired shot. Tired he makes his way to his CO, soon it will begin.

He returned well off and wrote for you the following Review.

Our today's "Mission of the week" leads us again into the jungle of South east Asia. this time we present you the mission "Vietnam 1965" by 23-down.

Vietnam1_small.jpgVietnam2_small.jpgVietnam3_small.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

Story:

The American military camp Bradly lost contact to one of their most important outposts. This outpost is very important for the American Forces because of the good connections to the local resistance. Your task is to find out what happened to this outpost.

You can read an extensive review by following this Link.

Our today's "Mission of the week" is Jezuros Singleplayer mission Three Kings 1.06.

ThreeKings1_small.jpgThreeKings2_small.jpgThreeKings4_small.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

Story:

As Captain Jason Harnett, member of an US - ranger unit, you are tasked to neutralize the enemy AA defense on the western coast of Malden. You work together with the leader of the local resistance, Marek Portugal and the leader of the Delta Force, Major Brad Moore.

In an extended testreport available here You will know why this mission is worth playing.

Our new "Mission-of-the-Week" is "Winterspionage" and was made by 23-down, who published this mission in 2003. Why it is worth to get your winterclothes out of the cupboard you will get to know in the testreport finden könnt.

Quote[/b] ]

Story:

Short before christmas. While the world prepares for the holidays, Jack Slater reports to his commanding officer for a sitrep. The invasion of the snowy kolgujev is planned and jack is tasked to do the first step.

Winterspionage_Bild1s.jpgWinterspionage_Bild2s.jpgWinterspionage_Bild3s.jpgWinterspionage_Bild4s.jpg