Sign in to follow this  
Sgt.Storm

Lost Honor

Hi this is basically a new idea I got and I diidn't want to put this under a campaign idea.  This is about Iraqi Freedom.  I want this to be a complete mod of addons,animations,campaign,islands,etc.  

But this is what I am hoping this to be, if you have any other ideas please post below or if you are interested please post below.

Story:

A marine unit is moving into Iraq and most are seeing thier first tour of Duty. You will go through hell in the eyes of all the men of this unit. From ambushes, to patrols, from open combat, to urban combat.

Cutscenes I am hoping will represent news broadcasts and will show the progress of the war.

Thanks!!! xmas_o.gif

PS: If you need any more info please post below

Um... Who got their ass kicked again?

Sorry, I had to. Anyone starting to flame because my bait will get shot.

Sounds pretty interesting actually, as long as it's neither so that the insurgents win all the time or the US win all the time. Hope you can add some snipers who shoot from their houses... and those soda can silencers!

If you want to start renaming things please post below, but please no flaming confused_o.gif

A couple fo things

Why Lost Honor?

It is about a bunch of marines who have never seen combat, who think it is an easy trip and they will come home unscratched.  But throughout the operation they soon find out they will depend on one another and pull their resources together. And at the end all their skills will be put on the test as save each other from impending doom from the Iraqi Regime

Name Changing?

I am willing to change the name but it has to be something to rpresent honor,respect,integrity,(something that is respectful and has something to do with my objective)

Actually, I was just kidding. I was wanting to see what kind of responses would come out of "Ass Kick" since no one was posting yet. biggrin_o.gif

It's your project and you name it whatever you want. thumbs-up.gif

Thanks, sorry for getting a little angry about flaming

Just wondering, you don't have to but do you have any ideas of what I should do for this mod.

Just wondering, you don't have to but do you have any ideas of what I should do for this mod.

Well, most often the mod-creator (that's you) has at least a basic idea of what he wants... confused_o.gif

You should analyze the Iraqi Freedom campaign, troop locations of the marines, intense engagements etc, and then pick a unit which will be the mainstay of the mod/campaign.

Thanks LT.Hunter

I do have the basic idea, but I screwed up and forget to edit my post to Candaian Terror I meant what unit would be the best to use for the most interesting story and battles

Hello again to clear up some of the story this unit is ficitional but willl be part of Lima Company. But this squad is ficitional so their will not be any one from the real Lima Company.

Some of the battles

Fallaujah(Real)

Retaking Baghdad(Fiction)

A lot of the urban battles will take place on these two cities.

What I am hoping is to make two islands based on the two cities and get them close as possible to the real thing but probably not the actual size.

Like the missions above, some are real and some are fiction. I want to make this a very long but very interesting story. So if you want a very very true story you probably won't find it here. But you will find a lot but not all. smile_o.gif

It seems kile a lot of people of aren't very interested about this idea.  My question to the public would be interesting and have enough people who are interested enough to work on it with me.

Please post your ideas below and if you are interested in the idea. notworthy.gif

Also if your idea does not have to be based in Iraq if you have an idea of a war,operation,etc whatever could make a great story and that hasen't been done yet please post below.

It is an interesting idea but it may or may not be possible in the present engine. It maybe possible in ArmA or it may not be due to the size of the cities. I think that maybe it would be a better idea to focus on battles in more remote parts.

Like Jakerod, i also belive that a urban map like Bagdhad or al-Fallujah will not possible. Also if you use only low poly objects. Wait for Armed Assault.

For VBS1 is at mom a Bagdhad map in production and if it´s possibile for VBS1 a urban map must also possiblie for Armed Assault. But we have to wait.

About personal. I think you expect too much. There are a lot of mods in production and the most talented persons are already inlcluded in these. And addon maker are "the few, the proud." So i could imagine you will have trouble to find somebody.

But why don´t you get in the USMC mod whistle.gif . We doing USMC stuff (and ARMY/ NAVY/ AIR FORCE stuff too, but not so much). We have outlined a Campaign which is placed somewhere in central asia in 2010-2015. We have no exact date. We also have plans to put up an expansion later in tropical enviroment with a small campign taking place in the 80´s. Here we will get a look on the background of some persons from the first campaign.

I don´t want to tell much about the story cos the suprise would get lost.

However. PM me if you are interested.

Hello again, This mod might be dead if Fischkopp finds something for me to do on the USMC 1.4 Mod. He is right just like Jakerod and it probabaly wouldn't be possible. But if Fischkopp can't find something for me to do I will do find out what to do next.

Any more info that is needed please PM me

help.gif

This is an idea and might never happen until I get some info about soemthing but how would anyone feel about a made up conflict that uses the U.S.'s new soldier(helmet,armour,weapons,etc).

If you like this and like above if I don't get in U.S.M.C Mod I'll make up a story.

Here is a pic

Future Warrior

Batman?

Sorry, I had to. whistle.gif

As for the mod, I think you could just do it in a campaign, and use the existing stuff out there already. There are tons of addons, and if you put all the energy that you would in making a mod into making a campaign, you would have one kick ass campaign.

Take it easy,

Abs

I.m going to take another stab at this!!!

My question is,

What would you like to see in OFP for addons,anim,campaign

But please I am hoping to keep one side the U.S. against another army

Please post below, but keep within the listed bondery. yay.gif

Sorry for taking so long to post. banghead.gif

This mod will be a collection of addons,scripts,anims,etc. Basiclly like FFUR but not as a replacement. This is a Iraq based mod and will use high quality addons to represent this(irst need to get permission from respective creators). Than I will create with the help of maybe one more person a campaign and missions to go along with it.

Question?

I am able to take screenshots but the turn as tga files if anyone can help me turn them into jpg please respond.

And if you want to join the team please respond. pistols.gif

Ok need to clearify some stuff from emails I got

This mod will take place during the Desert Storm operation. So all the addons will relate at the time. But I am also focusing on Iraqi Freedom but the map that I need right now is not out yet but hopefully soon.

So basiclly Desert Storm is going to be worked on and if the 2 maps that I need come out soon enough and I get permission I will work on the Iraqi Freedom part of the operations.

And in the operations you will not fight all the time you might patrol, convoy protection, night watch. Stuff like that. help.gif

Good you focused on campaign. There is too litle of this stuff comparing to addons. Check out Nothing King's Revolt 1998. This one rulez. If you will try to get to this level, I will be more then happy.

Regards

P.S. And if you would make multipalyer versions of all missionsfrom campaign, it would be just perfect :P

Revolt 1998 thread

If you do it from the coalition point of view it will be really boring

Do it from the brave Iraqi freedom fighters viewpoint ... going head to head with the worlds biggest powers with meager outdated weapons ... now that would be interesting , suicidal but interesting.

In fact do it from a hostages point of view culminating in your execution on TV .

Thx from your replies and I will try to get my levels to Revolt 1998.

As for the story views, like all my projects I always have different views (Allies,Axis). This time I am adding a civilian to it. I don't know if he will be in Desert Storm or Iraqi Freedom(Haven't decided). You will play as a doctor helping the Iraqi wounded. Don't know yet also if he will end as a hostage but he will be in a couple battles with him in the middle of it. smile_o.gif

Ok couple of more things to add!!! xmas_o.gif

The doctor will play in Iraqi Freedom

The second thing is I am thinking of a side campaign playing out in the Iraq/Iran conflict?

Would anyone care for this campaign?huh.gif?

I am scraping the idea for Iraq/Iran campaign unless enough people want me to include it.

But I am scraping the idea because a new idea popped in my head(I get a lot of new ideas). But this is a ficitional campaign of a 3rd war in Iraq.

You play as a U.S. Army Soldier sent to this war to protect the oil fields and and take control of the entire sector.

I have gotten permission from Kman 3000(Hopefully didn't forget something in name) to use some of his units.

So expect some fresh units into a fresh battle biggrin_o.gif

Hello again!!!

I have been busy with lots of things, but I didn't forget about the mod!

Mod Progress

Desert Storm: 5%

Iraqi Freedom: 10%

Sinai War: 10%

Fictional WW3 Iraq War: 0%

The last one has no progress because of addons needed?

If anyone wants to help please pm me.

Basiclly I need to get units for the time like the pic of the two soldiers somewhere here on this topic.

If anyone wants to help with this I would be very very apreciated!!! smile_o.gif

Ok, sorry for long waiting on info!!!

But have been busy with school and trying to teach myself to make addons. I have looked into forums, manuals, etc to understand creating them but I am just way to confused even with the basic templates!!!

But I have been working hard on all the campaigns, every single one has had progress build up after the last couple of weeks.

But like I said before the last campaign on my list fictional ww3 Iraq war cannot happen and will be closed until I can get a hang on creating addons