Sign in to follow this  
DeltaJ

I keep getting banned or kicked

I just got GOTY and when I try to play MP I can only get on like one server all the rest I either get a you've been kicked or banned when I try to connected. No missing addons or messed up files messages. what the hell. banghead.gif

I haven't got GOTY and can't remember what version it comes with, but have you patched it up to 1.96? [on the main menu at the top, it tells you what version you've got]

I think I know why you are banned on most servers. Could you please tell us your player ID? Its the number you see when you click on your player name in the main menu and then "Edit".

Do you have custom audio files in your user profile? many server don't allow it or more than 25kb etc..

I dont think its prohibited to post your own player ID.

The problem he has is that he is using an illegal cd key from google. These keys are banned on almost every server, thats why he gets the banned-message on every server.

The problem he has is that he is using an illegal cd key from google. These keys are banned on almost every server, thats why he gets the banned-message on every server.

That sounds like the problem.

6969? Ho ho ho.

Ouch. band.gif

Ouch. band.gif

Well My clan has a server and im just telling you.. We server admins like to share our Banned Id's with each other so you might have to get a new one ..... or get unbanned from each server (not possible if ya got a fishy id .Too short.too long)

Everyone probs gets "Legitimate copies do not FADE" message.

that only comes up if there are 2 people with the same ID on the same server.........

Quote[/b] ]The problem he has is that he is using an illegal cd key from google.

Buy the game, its really the easiest solution to your problem

:-)

I was banned once on several servers because I had an ID similiar to a known TKC-er mad_o.gif . Luckely I was unbanned later on because I kept complaining on their forums tounge2.gif (no not really I just asked them to unban me tounge2.gif )

I was banned once on several servers because I had an ID similiar to a known TKC-er mad_o.gif . Luckely I was unbanned later on because I kept complaining on their forums tounge2.gif (no not really I just asked them to unban me tounge2.gif )

You can't get banned because you had a similar ID. It has to be the identical ID so why does someone else have the same ID as you?

Buy the game and you'll get a unique ID.

You can't get banned because you had a similar ID. It has to be the identical ID so why does someone else have the same ID as you?

Because there are tools to change your ID to what ever you want... Most times they copy the whole identity including your nick, clan tag and even your squad xml for not getting caught or to be caught and therefore not the real faker will be  band.gif  but you!

But this tool doesn't work on every server!