Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

FN SCAR and SHRIKE 5.56

Dexterity? Im sure its in place with the original Rocket launchers; they certainly move muhc much slower than regular weapons, or is this something to do with anims or other settings?

Dexterity? Im sure its in place with the original Rocket launchers; they certainly move muhc much slower than regular weapons, or is this something to do with anims or other settings?

You got me thinking that maybe it's actually both. I have a new theory; I believe that the game translate dexterity into percentage of the current animation's defined speed. This would explain why no seperate dexterity is set for AT weapons in the config.bin even though they don't move as quickly. This would also support the claim that default dexterity is 1.0, and is supported by the fact that other values such as fuel and damage use 0.0 - 1.0 as percentages of the unit's defined fuel capacity and armor.

Hi, Blackblood... yar my hero, that last screenshot rocks. Let's C ya

Ok the H is roughly biggrin_o.gif  1,1028571428571428571428571428571 times heavier than the L. About 10%...That would mean a dex value of 0.9 to SCAR-H. Too bad the difference is too small, making the choice of L useless when playing. Sooo i´ll stick with ~0.75.

Thanx all for the nice words...feel bad for not showing the other stuff but you'll see it soon enough.

*EDIT*

Hmm...just realized i thought of dex value as strength/weight value. The dex could be anything but 0.9. Whatever...still at 0.75 tho. Never should have ditched math class...

I think the word "dexterity" is perfect for describing what it means, as it's not just weight, it's how dexterous a soldier is with the rifle - which is also effected by shape (bulkiness for example), balance, and other things (which I just can't think of at the moment)...

So... the SCAR (any type) would probably be a little bit less "dexterous" (or technically, it's the operator who has the dexterity) than most M16 type weapons - but to be honest I'm no expert, all I can say is that in my opinion, 1.0 dexterity in OFP is too high for most rifles... (try 0.85 for SCAR-L and 0.7 for SCAR-H and let me know how they handle).

That is a very informative PDF alright

Great! Thanx, STGN! My smith.pdf was the 2005 issue.

Hmmm...stand-alone EGLM...

bb you know what i'm gonna say pistol slot egl...

Yup. This got me wishing for a more dynamic way of using animations tailored for different weps, for example two-handed stance with a pistol slot weapon.

maybe sanctuary or someone could help with that or is it a physical limitation with the game engine it's self? have you decided on the marksman optic yet?

*EDIT*

whistle.gif

SCAR

New cheek pice

Fuckin hell. crazy_o.gif  

Things to do:

Stock change, AAC FH and 12" brl for CQC.

As I didn't say it earlier in the project, welcome to the world of weapon modelling tounge2.gif Problems like that are even more prevelant when modelling a weapon the design of which still hasn't been finalised. At least with modelling different variants of the same weapon, you can make the alterations to one and then copy and paste the changes onto the other models (where necessary) - at least you don't have to modify each one individually wink_o.gif

I think its only the H version that has a 12" barrel on the CQC.

STGN

As I didn't say it earlier in the project, welcome to the world of weapon modelling tounge2.gif Problems like that are even more prevelant when modelling a weapon the design of which still hasn't been finalised. At least with modelling different variants of the same weapon, you can make the alterations to one and then copy and paste the changes onto the other models (where necessary) - at least you don't have to modify each one individually wink_o.gif

You're summarizing what i've been saying all the time, amigo. smile_o.gif Besides - the neurotic tone is just for fun. Not worried one bit. This project could be handed over if i lose enough interest or time anyway.

This project could be handed over if i lose enough interest or time anyway.

I hope that doesn't happen, but if it does, you know where I am wink_o.gif

whistle.gif nice to see we acan all get along with eachother

huh.gif

What did i miss?

Hi, those SCARs look really good, i hope to be able of see 'em in the ArmA once released; and in some camo scheme or like in the Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter, in tan colour.

SnurreSpratt39.jpg

And with toys... of course... AN-PEQ2, Surefire grips and/or anything that you want, BLB.

jibberish5rv.jpg

I don't know why don't you take the ACOG model that DSA Drill Sargeant made for our M4's pack, it looks better to me than that one on the INQ_M4 Construction Kit; i can't speak for Drill Sargeant myself... but im sure that he'll not mind if you do it.

cans5of.jpg

About those silencers... if you finally gonna add some custom images like that one of the pig, i've some black & white USMC units logos that you may like or that may serve you, if you want to check 'em out... just PM me; i'll be very glad of help as i could, even when now im really out of time. Like before... those SCARs looks damn good. Let's C ya